Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2014, 10:17am
I urge the ones that are intending to stay away from tonights game to give the team one more chance to redeem themselves,

I was very disappointed after Saturdays performance but if I still lived in Grimsby I would go tonight,

Give the lads a loud cheer as they enter the field and give them that bit of confidence they might be lacking,

If they come out and see a very sparse crowd when its 2nd playing 3rd they might be a bit down before they kick a ball,

If we want to catch Barnet we must win this one or it could be Woking catching Barnet,

So I urge you all to go and give the lads the encouragement to win the game,

I am sure Hurst will not go with 4-5-1  tonight.

UTM !!!!!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 25, 2014, 10:21am; Reply: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete

UTM !!!!!

I am not !

Posted by: lowerfindus, November 25, 2014, 10:36am; Reply: 2
It's not 4-5-1!!!

It's 4-3-3.

:X
Posted by: rancido, November 25, 2014, 10:37am; Reply: 3
If we maintain our position, as it is now, I see no reason why the fans should not go to BP. I know it's a " chicken and egg " situation but the fans have to keep attending and try to help the team win promotion.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 25, 2014, 10:40am; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
I urge the ones that are intending to stay away from tonights game to give the team one more chance to redeem themselves,

I was very disappointed after Saturdays performance but if I still lived in Grimsby I would go tonight,

Give the lads a loud cheer as they enter the field and give them that bit of confidence they might be lacking,

If they come out and see a very sparse crowd when its 2nd playing 3rd they might be a bit down before they kick a ball,

If we want to catch Barnet we must win this one or it could be Woking catching Barnet,

UTM !!!!!

Nope sorry pete.

I said a few months ago while paul is in charge I wont attend.

its strange we are 2nd in the table but I just don't have any drive in me to go, infact I feel a bit more relaxed its a very strange feeling its probably the fact I aint spent £18 to be disappointed yet again.

I have never known were a club is 2nd in the table yet its almost you know whats coming with the negative line ups and the same old counter attacking goal which does us again at home.

I cant bear the sight of a holding midfielder at home and one striker, no thanks.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 25, 2014, 10:41am; Reply: 5
Quoted from lowerfindus
It's not 4-5-1!!!

It's 4-3-3.

:X

Don't start me off   >:(
Posted by: Garth, November 25, 2014, 10:47am; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

UTM !!!!!

Hurst is not a bad manager, He`s just a very naughty boy! I`m off tonight and want to see some attacking football please Pell less
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 25, 2014, 10:49am; Reply: 7
One more chance?!?!? Seriously?? We are half way through the season after tonights game and in a decent position, , we know its all to play for , , whether its Top spot or Play offs, ,  no need to be giving up just yet boys and girls!!!

UTMM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 25, 2014, 10:56am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
One more chance?!?!? Seriously?? We are half way through the season after tonights game and in a decent position, , we know its all to play for , , whether its Top spot or Play offs, ,  no need to be giving up just yet boys and girls!!!

UTMM

Away with work tonight so can't put my normal Tuesday night hex on them, therefore fully expect us to win in my absence. Still doesn't change my opinion that Paul Hurst is too negative and defensive to get us promotion despite us having some of the best players we've had here for some while.
Posted by: codcheeky, November 25, 2014, 11:13am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

UTMM

THIS:-  Should I rip up my train ticket to Telford if we don`t win tonight pete? Of course I won`t, it will be full of LOYAL town fans SUPPORTING their team,  get a grip for christ sake we are 2nd in the league if you don`t want to follow town don`t bother but this constant whining is childish to say the least, there are very very few teams in the top 5 divsions with a better record than us
Posted by: psgmariner, November 25, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 10
To be fair Pete directed the "one more chance" thing at "the ones that are intending to stay away from tonights game" not all fans.
Posted by: Rick12, November 25, 2014, 12:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

UTM !!!!!
Hope we get the promotion this season Pete but as much as I want Hurst to be a success long term my head says otherwise.
Posted by: gtfc98, November 25, 2014, 1:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete

UTM !!!!!

We're second in the league Pete! Sure they deserve more than "one last chance"?
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, November 25, 2014, 1:04pm; Reply: 13
If we lose tonight the Fishy will go in to total meltdown
Hope Robs preparing the server in case
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 25, 2014, 1:20pm; Reply: 14
I will be setting off from work in Gloucestershire in about half an hour so I can get to the game on time.

Nothing to do wih one more chance for me, I will be there for every home game until the end of the season.

Might even make a few away games as well, if I can.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 25, 2014, 1:26pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I will be setting off from work in Gloucestershire in about half an hour so I can get to the game on time.

Nothing to do wih one more chance for me, I will be there for every home game until the end of the season.

Might even make a few away games as well, if I can.

well said mate, fantastic dedication! I will also be there, as others have said, we are second in the league playing 3rd in what will be a big game, why anyone would want to stay away baffles me
Posted by: Abdul19, November 25, 2014, 2:45pm; Reply: 16
I might as well go because I'm a Grimsby Town fan.
Posted by: mariner tommy, November 25, 2014, 2:54pm; Reply: 17
Likewise, I never miss a home game.
As hard as it is sometimes, I'm always there.

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

UTM !!!!!

I had to read what I put myself, I am sure I made it clear,

YES I DID DIRECT IT AT THE ONES WHO INTENDED TO STAY AWAY.  :)

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2014, 3:01pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from psgmariner
To be fair Pete directed the "one more chance" thing at "the ones that are intending to stay away from tonights game" not all fans.

Thank you.
Posted by: maxfox44, November 25, 2014, 3:10pm; Reply: 20
I've not missed a home game for years and that's despite living in (g)imp land.  
But I'm neither looking forward to it tonight, nor expecting a win.  I think Hurst-ball has kicked the enthusiasm out of me.  Sure, I'll still keep going, supporting and not booing, but it's definitely getting harder and harder as the games/months drift on.  As others have said, I really don't know how we can be 2nd in the table.  I'm thankful for that though.
Posted by: acko338, November 25, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 21
Like it or not, the players did not start from each of the whistles for the two halves.

That message has to go out from the manager.

Attacking corner after 30 seconds and one goal down after 2 minutes !!

That message has to be loud and clear tonight and for the full 90 minutes.

A really tough game against a team in form that needs full effort to win.

Parslow at right back tonight ? - Magnay covering for Aswad's illness?
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 25, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Nope sorry pete.

I said a few months ago while paul is in charge I wont attend.

its strange we are 2nd in the table but I just don't have any drive in me to go, infact I feel a bit more relaxed its a very strange feeling its probably the fact I aint spent £18 to be disappointed yet again.

I have never known were a club is 2nd in the table yet its almost you know whats coming with the negative line ups and the same old counter attacking goal which does us again at home.

I cant bear the sight of a holding midfielder at home and one striker, no thanks.

Err JB you will be going back when Lenny gets 20 goals ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 25, 2014, 3:51pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

Err JB you will be going back when Lenny gets 20 goals ;)

Haha..

Im quietly confident that hotdog is safe.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2014, 4:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from codcheeky

THIS:-  Should I rip up my train ticket to Telford if we don`t win tonight pete? Of course I won`t, it will be full of LOYAL town fans SUPPORTING their team,  get a grip for christ sake we are 2nd in the league if you don`t want to follow town don`t bother but this constant whining is childish to say the least, there are very very few teams in the top 5 divsions with a better record than us

Please read the post again.

I have been a fan for 60 years I am not going to stop now.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 25, 2014, 4:44pm; Reply: 25
Should be a good game and I'm looking forward to it. It will be a tough one and whatever happens it won't define the season. They are a good side and hope we get at them.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 25, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Should be a good game and I'm looking forward to it. It will be a tough one and whatever happens it won't define the season. They are a good side and hope we get at them.

I am sure it will be a lot better game than on Saturday,

I also think we will edge 2-0.

Enjoy the game.
Posted by: GyMariner, November 25, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 27
Two games of football are never the same, therefore I will be going tonight!
Posted by: moosey_club, November 25, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 28
Will be attending, slightly more hopeful just because we seem to play better against the better teams however a loss tonight could see us in 6th and outside of the play offs which presents a whole different slant on our current position.

Posted by: 2578 (Guest), November 25, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 29
All out attack champions league game on the TV in the comfort of my home. Or watch the usual boring tripe of a game with negative tactics  for £18 umm?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 25, 2014, 5:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from 2578
All out attack champions league game on the TV in the comfort of my home. Or watch the usual boring tripe of a game with negative tactics  for £18 umm?

Don't feed the WUM
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 25, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Don't feed the WUM

He has a point though.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 25, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from jonnyboy82

He has a point though.

Don't feed the WUM
Posted by: codcheeky, November 26, 2014, 12:16pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete

Please read the post again.

I have been a fan for 60 years I am not going to stop now.

My apologies Pete I read it wrong, I wasn`t meaning to get at you , but there is so much negativity at a time we are going really quite well, with too many seeming to want a bit of failure just so they can moan and say "I told you so"
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 26, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from codcheeky

My apologies Pete I read it wrong, I wasn`t meaning to get at you , but there is so much negativity at a time we are going really quite well, with too many seeming to want a bit of failure just so they can moan and say "I told you so"

That's ok mate, following the Town is  frustrating at the best of times,

Good win last night so here's to another good unbeaten run.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:03am