Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fishyrich, November 22, 2014, 2:39pm
Apologies if this has been brought up already, however. At the start of the Scotland v Tonga egg chasing on the telly, they've just had a firework display in the ground, followed by a massive field gun being set off. There was a firework display (of sorts) at Wrexham a few weeks ago too. I appreciate that these are organised by professional companies however if a firework as large as these flew into a packed stand there would be massive issues.

Not for one minute am I suggesting smoke bombs are less dangerous and therefore less of a problem.

Time for all pyrotechnics to be banned from stadiums? What do people think?

UTM

Rich
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 22, 2014, 2:46pm; Reply: 1
FFS
Posted by: fishyrich, November 22, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 2
And that is why I don't bother posting
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 22, 2014, 2:56pm; Reply: 3
You've answered your own point Rich - they're organised by professionals. If a crowd is a reason to ban them then you'd just have to ban fireworks. Completely different to lobbing a flare on to the pitch during the game or lighting them in the middle of a crowd.
Posted by: fishyrich, November 22, 2014, 3:04pm; Reply: 4
Fair point, I've mugged myself a bit there!!!!

This happened this week....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844105/Eight-injured-stray-firework-city-s-Christmas-lights-switched-EastEnders-actor-Steve-McFadden.html

I'm wondering where the distinction is between a small device set off in a stand and a large one making it's way in there.

At least at a large organised display outside of a football ground, the crowd can be further away

Contrary to a post I made about smoke bombs a few weeks ago, I've 100% changed my mind since that male masturbator threw them on the pitch last week.

BTW has anyone named and shamed him yet?
Posted by: Richard Cranium, November 22, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from fishyrich
Fair point, I've mugged myself a bit there!!!!

This happened this week....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844105/Eight-injured-stray-firework-city-s-Christmas-lights-switched-EastEnders-actor-Steve-McFadden.html

I'm wondering where the distinction is between a small device set off in a stand and a large one making it's way in there.

At least at a large organised display outside of a football ground, the crowd can be further away

Contrary to a post I made about smoke bombs a few weeks ago, I've 100% changed my mind since that male masturbator threw them on the pitch last week.

BTW has anyone named and shamed him yet?
I know the lad but will not grass him up.

Posted by: psgmariner, November 22, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 6
We need professional smoke bomb throwers then yeah.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 22, 2014, 7:07pm; Reply: 7
Could have done with a smoke bomb at BP today in the first minute ...................................................................... ( Its a joke )
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 22, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 8
Regarding the organised by professionals comment, I think was it at Wolves a few seasons ago that they had fireworks going off when the teams came onto the pitch and instead of blasting skywards one zoomed straight across the pitch and hit a fan.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:34pm