Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Trawler, November 22, 2014, 7:21am
Brentford 2 Fulham 1, the Bees were one down with eight minutes to go, and are now joint second in the Championship.

Impressive considering they were 21st in League Two six years ago. We need some of this 'football fortune'. Surely we are due some.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 22, 2014, 9:04am; Reply: 1
Look at Bournemouth too who were below us the season before we were relegated when they started the League 2 season on -17 points along with Rotherham (who are also now in The Championship and in a brand new ground). It was only Luton's -30 points that kept us up that season.
Posted by: sydney, November 22, 2014, 10:30am; Reply: 2
I remember outplaying Bournemouth for most of the auto wind final and now look at us both
I wonder what they have done that we have failed to do since that late nineties final
Can't just be money and luck can it?
Come on Town!!
Posted by: LH, November 22, 2014, 10:31am; Reply: 3
Look at all the other teams who haven't done nothing in years though. I think it's more a case of clubs making their own 'luck' more than anything else.
Posted by: Rick12, November 22, 2014, 10:50am; Reply: 4
Massive respect. To think this is the first time they been in the champ for ages and to be a point of top is excellent and totally surprising. In truth thought they would be hovering amongst relegation all season
Posted by: Rick12, November 22, 2014, 10:52am; Reply: 5
Quoted from LH
Look at all the other teams who haven't done nothing in years though. I think it's more a case of clubs making their own 'luck' more than anything else.
Manager has got something to do with it.Feel if your a genuine guy and people like you, you will get the best out of players. Think as well some managers have this more in abundance than others.If you have in my opinion the persona and the tactical nous you are more than likely on to a winner

Posted by: Maringer, November 22, 2014, 10:54am; Reply: 6
I think the £50-odd million that the Brentford owner has pumped into the club may have something to do with their current success...

Bournemouth have done well but do have a Russian beeznessman bankrolling them, so they aren't exactly on their uppers either.
Posted by: LH, November 22, 2014, 10:56am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rick12
Manager has got something to do with it.Feel if your a genuine guy and people like you, you will get the best out of players. Think as well some managers have this more in abundance than others.If you have in my opinion the persona and the tactical nous you are more than likely on to a winner

It's having the right manager, players, facilities to attract these players and well erm... the cash to buy it all.
Posted by: LH, November 22, 2014, 10:56am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Maringer
I think the £50-odd million that the Brentford owner has pumped into the club may have something to do with their current success...

Bournemouth have done well but do have a Russian beeznessman bankrolling them, so they aren't exactly on their uppers either.

Exactly. Did Yeovil have someone backing them or are they an exception to the rule?
Posted by: Rick12, November 22, 2014, 11:00am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer

As much as that .Didn't realise
Posted by: Maringer, November 22, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 10
A bloke we deal with at work is a Brentford fan and is obviously very pleased with their current situation! They are also planning to build a new stadium (with the assistance of their council, naturally).
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 22, 2014, 11:31am; Reply: 11
Quoted from sydney
I remember outplaying Bournemouth for most of the auto wind final and now look at us both
I wonder what they have done that we have failed to do since that late nineties final
Can't just be money and luck can it?
Come on Town!!

It would be great to be where Bournemouth are but considering they are a club who have previously been in administration, I'm not sure they should be allowed - or any club for that matter - to post losses of £15M http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11180579.AFC_Bournemouth__Cherries_post___15million_losses/

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 22, 2014, 11:41am; Reply: 12
Hull were also in Division 4.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 22, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 13
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Hull were also in Division 4.
They were locked out of their ground too!

Posted by: moosey_club, November 22, 2014, 1:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Paris Mariner
They were locked out of their ground too!

also millions in debt, council built stadium all but gifted to them, and now with probably one of the most despised chairman in football who wants to rip up their name......sometimes its good to be cr@p.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 22, 2014, 8:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer
A bloke we deal with at work is a Brentford fan and is obviously very pleased with their current situation! They are also planning to build a new stadium (with the assistance of their council, naturally).

Location Location Location.

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:57pm