Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, November 20, 2014, 2:52pm
Mine has to be Stuart Pearce when he scored that penalty against Spain in Euro 96

[youtube]0L2LGgzJqAg[/youtube]

The dictionary definition of "going mental".
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 20, 2014, 2:53pm; Reply: 1
Like Alan Sunderland in the '79 Cup Final and Marco Tardelli in the '82 World Cup.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 20, 2014, 2:54pm; Reply: 2
Whoever scores the goal that takes us out of this league
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 20, 2014, 3:12pm; Reply: 3
Aylesbury ducks I the fa cup years ago
Chelsea team photo
Jimmy blard at hull

But..... I think they are Finnish, one team takes celebrations to a new level. If someone would be so kind to put them on here
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 20, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 4
I loathe the celebrations that have obviously been choreographed and practiced or the poser Daniel Sturridge sort of thing. Give me a bit of raw emotion and joy anyday. That's why I like Tardelli and Sunderland. Also just thought of Troy Deeney for Watford in the play off Semi against Leicester when they broke from the penalty save in the last minute.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 20, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 5
And Shaun Cunnington on the fence at Reading!
Posted by: pizzzza, November 20, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 6
Raw emotion? What about Ketsbia kicking the advertising hoardings at Newcastle?
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 20, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 7
Gazza v Scotland in euro 96
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 20, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
And Shaun Cunnington on the fence at Reading!

You beat me to it Rodley.

Also loved Pearce's celebration. I was there that day as I was a few days earlier when Gazza scored that infamous goal against Scotland. I didn't really see any of his "dentist chair" celebration at the time as we were too busy going mental.

I think it was 6 years frustration that had built up in Pearce after he missed that penalty in the 1990 World Cup Semi-Final against Germany.

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 20, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 9
This one tickled me,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD49mZiyJYQ

Posted by: Les Brechin, November 20, 2014, 3:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Aylesbury ducks I the fa cup years ago
Chelsea team photo
Jimmy blard at hull

But..... I think they are Finnish, one team takes celebrations to a new level. If someone would be so kind to put them on here

Is this the one you mean Woz, from Iceland.

[YOUTUBE]IClBb1FS89Q[/YOUTUBE]

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 20, 2014, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
Yeah, there's loads RP/les
Posted by: moosey_club, November 20, 2014, 4:29pm; Reply: 12
Mick Channon's one armed windmill.
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 20, 2014, 4:42pm; Reply: 13
Was amazed by David Nielson's acrobatics, I'd never seen anything like that at BP before.
Posted by: LH, November 20, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 14
Not a favourite but I remember Gary Jones scoring against someone and SPRINTING off in celebration. He got slated by the lower for not showing that pace during the game!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 20, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 15
Not a massive fan of his, but think Robbie savage did a crowd dive at filbert st
Posted by: oldludensian, November 20, 2014, 6:55pm; Reply: 16
Going away with the Mariners with a large following stood behind the goal when a goal goes at that end and everyone on the terrace goes mental jumping around when for that split second all on the terrace are feeling exactly the same - pure unadulterated elation. That feeling cannot be matched by anything else. Pure magic. Moments like these should be cherished as they have been hugely lacking in latter years.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, November 20, 2014, 8:17pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from oldludensian
Going away with the Mariners with a large following stood behind the goal when a goal goes at that end and everyone on the terrace goes mental jumping around when for that split second all on the terrace are feeling exactly the same - pure unadulterated elation. That feeling cannot be matched by anything else. Pure magic. Moments like these should be cherished as they have been hugely lacking in latter years.

Like this?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spPjpy5rEuQ[/url]
Posted by: Meza, November 21, 2014, 10:36am; Reply: 18
Quite a few on here

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/6250946/Top-31-goal-celebrations-best-and-worst.html[/url]
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:40pm