Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ackomariner, November 15, 2014, 8:33pm
The club got a warning about smoke bombs at Wrexham and jf asked the fans via the telegraph to stop it......well today I counted nine and the game got stopped to clear one off the pitch.
The first one was set off before the game started and chucked into the goal through the net and it bloody chocked me and my lad, so moved to the right hand side of the terrace well out of the way.

As we were next to the police I believe they arrested one lad but they have the lot on video, so I expect the idiots might be getting a visit off the police at some stage.

Will anything happen to the club,  like a fine or point deduction or both
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 15, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 1
It's remarkably easy to identify the smoke bomb culprit if you search for #gtfc on instagram. Making it easy for the police. Just goes to show how thick these idiots are.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 15, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
Twice one of the idiots was holding it in his hand aloft of everyone and the police did nothing they just stood there, I don't get it, I hope the scrotes get caught ban them for life and charge them any fines the club receives
Posted by: LH, November 15, 2014, 8:48pm; Reply: 3
The flare wielding virgins clearly have access to the fishy looking at the red crosses. Expecting someone to say something along the lines of "at least they're trying to make an atmosphere".
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 15, 2014, 9:17pm; Reply: 4
It was really stupid of them to do that they deserved a smack, and alienating the rest of the crowd doesn't help create atmosphere nor does rushing through a cycle of the same 4 chants
Posted by: barralad, November 15, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 5
The Town fans around them did more and quicker than the police/stewards.
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 15, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 6
Name, shame and ban.
Posted by: EarAche, November 15, 2014, 10:18pm; Reply: 7
That bunch of complete simpletons will cost us in the long run. Hopefully they are easily identified and have wasted journeys to future away games when they are refused entry. Also, why throw one onto the pitch when we are attacking!?!
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 15, 2014, 10:18pm; Reply: 8
I can just see it now.

Quoted Text
The Mariners missed out on automatic promotion to the football league finishing 2 points behind Barnet. It would have been a different story had The Conference not deducted them 3 points for the actions of their fans throwing smoke bombs at Altrincham.
Posted by: Meza, November 15, 2014, 11:08pm; Reply: 9
Did they get searched, obviously not.  Surely if they got properly searched that wouldn't have happened.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 15, 2014, 11:09pm; Reply: 10
If anyone causes a single point's deduction I would expect nothing less then castration of the perpetrators
Posted by: GrimRob, November 15, 2014, 11:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Meza
Did they get searched, obviously not.  Surely if they got properly searched that wouldn't have happened.

It's a non-league football ground not an international aiport FFS
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 15, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GrimRob
If anyone causes a single point's deduction I would expect nothing less then castration of the perpetrators

No one will get points deducted, if they did I'd go to every barnet game and let one off (not hypothetical)
Posted by: GrimRob, November 15, 2014, 11:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

No one will get points deducted, if they did I'd go to every barnet game and let one off (not hypothetical)

The Conference don't hold back at taking points off, they do it given half an excuse.

Someone died from one of these bombs in South America

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/ban-the-bomb
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 15, 2014, 11:30pm; Reply: 14
Luckily, we're not South American, unless the north wall at low tide can lay claim to be the Copocabana.
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 16, 2014, 1:01am; Reply: 15
Originally I was somewhat lenient, given that it's an accepted part of European ultras culture and I perhaps thought it was a somewhat misguided approach to creating an atmosphere. Now, however, they have had numerous warnings from the club, statements on the OS etc. and cannot pretend they do not know the consequences.

Today sounded bloody ridiculous. Kick em out, ban them (for 3 years imo, not for life, always leave the chance for rehabilitation).
Posted by: Abdul19, November 16, 2014, 1:53am; Reply: 16
the smoke bombs were gr8 bantz by the #ladz
Posted by: ackomariner, November 16, 2014, 6:42am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Meza

Yes meza our town stewards were searching people
Posted by: lobsterpot, November 16, 2014, 7:17am; Reply: 18
I wouldnt worry too much about the smoke bombs. At ht i was puffing on my woodbine next to plod and he was on his phone on about the spotters they had in amongst the fans. Add the photos on twitter of the cretins holding them to the mix and once a few of them get banned the rest of the little turds will $hit their pants and turn it in.
Posted by: DocTower, November 16, 2014, 8:10am; Reply: 19
Always at away matches , never at home . Assume that those who are doing it have banning orders already for our home games . I don't even know where you would get them from .
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 16, 2014, 8:49am; Reply: 20
Well speaking for myself if I see anyone with or throwing a smoke bomb I will not hesitate in pointing that person out to the nearest steward. We need to get out this league before we become a part time outfit and ANYTHING outside football that prevents us doing this I will do my utmost to stop it.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 16, 2014, 9:05am; Reply: 21
Quoted from ackomariner

Yes meza our town stewards were searching people

They were only random searches though, I was never frisked and neither was my dad.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 16, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 22
Same at brizzle........2 litre bottles of vodka made it into the away end!!!!!
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, November 16, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 23
Quoted from DocTower
Always at away matches , never at home . Assume that those who are doing it have banning orders already for our home games . I don't even know where you would get them from .

I've seen a couple of Instagram profiles from sellers of smoke bombs. Pretty easy to find if you search for the hashtag "no pyro no party".

I've only been to a few away games this season but it's always the same group, surely someone's had a word?!
Posted by: ska face, November 16, 2014, 9:59am; Reply: 24
Grasses.
Posted by: ackomariner, November 16, 2014, 10:55am; Reply: 25
Not grasses ska face as you call it, but they spoilt my fukin day. I was stood behind the goal with my lad and had to move to the right hand side of the stand well out of the way.

It cost me money to get there, money to get in to watch , then had a shite view .....why should that be allowed to happen mate
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 16, 2014, 11:01am; Reply: 26
The case of the disappearing posts.... mods?
Posted by: ska face, November 16, 2014, 11:10am; Reply: 27
It was a jo...doesn't matter.
Posted by: lukeo, November 16, 2014, 11:13am; Reply: 28
I've never been to a town game and seen a smoke bomb go off, it's always when we have a 'big' following and not travelling to far. I go to Torquay, FGR etc and there is never a problem with smoke bombs. So for me we should name and shame because they're obviously not regular away followers and like someone mentioned it wouldn't suprise me if they where banned from BP anyway.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 16, 2014, 11:15am; Reply: 29
Quoted from MarinerWY
The case of the disappearing posts.... mods?

Some racist comments and reaction to them were removed
Posted by: rancido, November 16, 2014, 11:31am; Reply: 30
The sooner these idiots are identified and dealt with the better. What I don't get is that some of the posts on this thread that are against these idiots have received red crosses. Surely this " red cross brigade " don't advocate the throwing of smoke bombs at football matches? If so then they are nearly as bad as the perpetrators themselves.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 16, 2014, 11:33am; Reply: 31
I didn't have a problem with them until yesterday. Once they interfere with the game then that's it. The culprit should be fined and giving a ban. There is a line and I'm afraid they have overstepped it by causing Town a problem on the pitch.
Posted by: stuart brace was king, November 16, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 32
Quoted from rancido
The sooner these idiots are identified and dealt with the better. What I don't get is that some of the posts on this thread that are against these idiots have received red crosses. Surely this " red cross brigade " don't advocate the throwing of smoke bombs at football matches? If so then they are nearly as bad as the perpetrators themselves.

Agree totally, and as an occasional poster, but daily reader of The NEW Fishy, we must not let a mindless minority jeopardise either the Club's success or the fan blog I love.  We do not want The new new Fishy....

Rob, over to you.

UTM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 16, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 33
Before anything we will get an official warning from the fa addressed to the 'fans'. I know that there are a lot of clubs including Everton, Leeds, Derby, Shef Wednesday, Liverpool, Lincoln that do it a lot more often that Town and do it at almost every game. I can see another club being punished before us but whoever the first club is to get punished then they will make an example of them and treat them harshly.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 16, 2014, 11:51am; Reply: 34
Quoted from Meza

Nobody else to blame. If they hadn't been pillocks and taken them in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

Posted by: forza ivano, November 16, 2014, 12:18pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LH
The flare wielding virgins clearly have access to the fishy looking at the red crosses. Expecting someone to say something along the lines of "at least they're trying to make an atmosphere".

At least they're trying to make an atmosphere  ;) :P
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 16, 2014, 12:21pm; Reply: 36

Nobody else to blame. If they hadn't been pillocks and taken them in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

This. The last thing I want ot see if further blanket-criminalisation of footy fans, and over-the-top searches etc.

We've got to take responsibility as a group of fans and help put a stop to it.

Posted by: Chrisblor, November 16, 2014, 12:37pm; Reply: 37
The culprit obviously knows he's in a bit of bother since he's just deleted the photo of him holding the smoke bomb from his twitter page this morning. Daft girl private.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 16, 2014, 12:39pm; Reply: 38
It wasn't me guv
Posted by: Grimal, November 16, 2014, 12:44pm; Reply: 39
What no one has mentioned is the implications this stupidity could cause to our quest for a new stadium,the nimby's will have a field day,sprouting ,"do we want these idiots on our doorsteps on matchdays and scare mongering the dangers of a fire risk so close to their properties".
Come on lads think about it before you jeopodise our chance of a New stadium,or even worse someone gets badly injured or killed.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 16, 2014, 12:49pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Grimal
What no one has mentioned is the implications this stupidity could cause to our quest for a new stadium,the nimby's will have a field day,sprouting ,"do we want these idiots on our doorsteps on matchdays and scare mongering the dangers of a fire risk so close to their properties".
Come on lads think about it before you jeopodise our chance of a New stadium,or even worse someone gets badly injured or killed.

Only happens away mate  ;)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 16, 2014, 1:09pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from GrimRob

Some racist comments and reaction to them were removed

Glad you done that Rob, was looking for it to remove and wondered what was going on.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2014, 1:21pm; Reply: 42
Have the club said anything about this or even the Telegraph, ?

If they have and it will cost the club either points or a fine,

Then they are not true supporters,

I can understand them trying or thinking they are creating an atmosphere ,

I was young once you know, ;)

BUT

Please stop doing it now lads it might cost us promotion.
Posted by: mariner83, November 16, 2014, 1:32pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from grimsby pete
Have the club said anything about this or even the Telegraph, ?

If they have and it will cost the club either points or a fine,

Then they are not true supporters,

I can understand them trying or thinking they are creating an atmosphere ,

I was young once you know, ;)

BUT

Please stop doing it now lads it might cost us promotion.

[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx[/url]

[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html[/url]

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2014, 1:40pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from mariner83

[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx]http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/pyrotechnic-awareness-campaign-1518641.aspx[/url]

[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/TIME-QUIT-SMOKE-BOMBS/story-23252165-detail/story.html[/url]

Thanks for that,

Well if they continue they should be banned , they have been warned,

AND

No town fan should feel bad in pointing them out to the police,

So I say again please stop it lads before you cost the club,

AND

Before you get arrested.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 16, 2014, 2:25pm; Reply: 45
Technically if you spot someone letting one off you can make a ctizen's arrest, as it is a criminal offence to do so. The law says you can make a Citzen's Arrest if you observe someone "who is in the act of committing an indictable offence; or whom the person has reasonable grounds to suspect is committing an indictable offence".
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 16, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from GrimRob
Technically if you spot someone letting one off you can make a ctizen's arrest, as it is a criminal offence to do so. The law says you can make a Citzen's Arrest if you observe someone "who is in the act of committing an indictable offence; or whom the person has reasonable grounds to suspect is committing an indictable offence".

Bloke grabs bloke in front of copper at a football match. I know where you're coming from but....
Posted by: mariner2000, November 16, 2014, 3:06pm; Reply: 47
I observed the morons at Nuneaton last year and as soon as a Steward tried to grab one of the idiots about 15 of his friends with similar sized tiny dicks stepped in to shield him
Posted by: WappingMariner, November 16, 2014, 3:51pm; Reply: 48
When did all of this begin? Was it Nuneaton away last year or at some point before then? I will tolerate smoke bombs as long as they are held up high in the air and die out without being thrown on the pitch or among other fans. However, whether you have or haven't got a problem with smoke bombs the simple point stands that use or possession of them in a football ground is illegal.

There a few points you can take from the incident yesterday (difficult for me to judge as I wasn't there but I have spoken to people who were). If this continues the way it is doing not only will the club be fined but we'll also start to have divided support at away matches. One of the main attractions for me going to away matches is to generally have a great time with everyone around me regardless of whether Town win. Of course if they do it's a bonus. By having fans irritate each other off each time Town play away from home means something will eventually give. I'm not sure it'd ever get to the point where some fans would decide not to bother but what we don't want is those who have come to support Town to be arguing with each other.

It has also baffled me that pictures of those who let off the smoke bombs can be found so easily on Twitter. How chuffing naive and stupid are they? You do wonder if the only reason they set them off is to appear on a photograph surrounded by smoke. Remember... popularity these days is determined by how retweets you get on Twitter.

The alternative to them being banned, I believe, is for the club to pay for them all to go to a Napoli game and get proper training so when they come back they have a bit more of an idea of how to use pyrotechnics.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 16, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from WappingMariner
When did all of this begin? Was it Nuneaton away last year or at some point before then? I will tolerate smoke bombs as long as they are held up high in the air and die out without being thrown on the pitch or among other fans. However, whether you have or haven't got a problem with smoke bombs the simple point stands that use or possession of them in a football ground is illegal.

There a few points you can take from the incident yesterday (difficult for me to judge as I wasn't there but I have spoken to people who were). If this continues the way it is doing not only will the club be fined but we'll also start to have divided support at away matches. One of the main attractions for me going to away matches is to generally have a great time with everyone around me regardless of whether Town win. Of course if they do it's a bonus. By having fans irritate each other off each time Town play away from home means something will eventually give. I'm not sure it'd ever get to the point where some fans would decide not to bother but what we don't want is those who have come to support Town to be arguing with each other.

It has also baffled me that pictures of those who let off the smoke bombs can be found so easily on Twitter. How chuffing naive and stupid are they? You do wonder if the only reason they set them off is to appear on a photograph surrounded by smoke. Remember... popularity these days is determined by how retweets you get on Twitter.

The alternative to them being banned, I believe, is for the club to pay for them all to go to a Napoli game and get proper training so when they come back they have a bit more of an idea of how to use pyrotechnics.

Or quotes on the fishy
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, November 16, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 50
here's one pic from yesterday

https://imageshack.com/i/p47dpaXOp

how can acrid white spoke create an atmosphere, true town fans all singing creates the atmosphere our players need
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 16, 2014, 5:25pm; Reply: 51

how can acrid white spoke create an atmosphere, true town fans all singing creates the atmosphere our players need

C U Next Tuesday
Posted by: Meza, November 16, 2014, 5:38pm; Reply: 52
Apart from the smoke bombs sounded great and a new song?

[Youtube]1fKPZQSDOBQ[/youtube]
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, November 16, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

C U Next Tuesday

why whats next Tue
Posted by: immariner, November 16, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 54

(ban)  (clap2)
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 16, 2014, 6:41pm; Reply: 55
Why don't all them young lads singing and chanting,

Go in the Ponny and do that at home games ?

They were very good apart from the smoke bombs.
Posted by: fl3tch5, November 16, 2014, 7:33pm; Reply: 56
They create a good looking atmosphere
Posted by: barralad, November 16, 2014, 7:36pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from fl3tch5

So does fog...
Posted by: Hagrid, November 16, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 58
just got back from my weekend away! and able to post now, get rid of the pissing smoke flare bombs whatever they are! angered me yesterday when i hear we are on the attack and play gets stopped by such a ridiculous thing!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 16, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 59

why whats next Tue

The guy with the smoke bomb. Not you  :P
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), November 16, 2014, 8:54pm; Reply: 60
Does add to the atmosphere whatever people say but if they are going to cause health problems to others then time to get them banned.
Posted by: mariner2000, November 16, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 61

OMG just look at him....says everything about the morons who are using them, what does he look like!!
Posted by: Grimal, November 16, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from 2578
Does add to the atmosphere whatever people say but if they are going to cause health problems to others then time to get them banned.

They are bleedin banned.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 16, 2014, 9:45pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from mariner2000

OMG just look at him....says everything about the morons who are using them, what does he look like!!

I reckon he's just just relaxing on a weekend off from his high-pressured job as a rocket scientist.
Posted by: DocTower, November 16, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 64
Just a thought , if the FA or whoever ban Town fans from traveling to away games . Who really gets penalised . When we take 3 /4/5 hundred , we are a cash cow to these teams .  Dropping an unexpected £ 7000 into a small club could mean survival .
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 16, 2014, 9:57pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from 2578

Erm, see my post and link on the photos thread.

Posted by: barralad, November 16, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from 2578

In other news:- It is an offence to take fireworks/smoke bomb devices into a football ground. Now I'm not Sherlock Holmes but I'd deduce that means they are banned...
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 16, 2014, 11:32pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from DocTower
Just a thought , if the FA or whoever ban Town fans from traveling to away games . Who really gets penalised . When we take 3 /4/5 hundred , we are a cash cow to these teams .  Dropping an unexpected £ 7000 into a small club could mean survival .

Pts deduction / fine aside I see your point to an extent.
But we rely on away support to help try bring the points home.
If we had none ?...

Can't these (insert here) find other things to keep them amused ?
If balloons, confetti or the watching the game are too poncey to consider, creative suggestions are surely always welcome.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 17, 2014, 12:42am; Reply: 68
Quoted from 120797

If we had none ?...

If balloons, confetti or the watching the game are too poncey to consider, creative suggestions are surely always welcome.

They could shove them up their own @rsies now that would be a sight to see.

But then I aways did want to be a Tory MP.

Posted by: sutton mariner, November 17, 2014, 12:43am; Reply: 69
Let's have a competition. Something different to sneaking smoke bombs in

Let's all try and sneak in some livestock. Biggest animal snuck into each away game bags a fiver from myself. Double the cash for cattle.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, November 17, 2014, 12:52am; Reply: 70
The lad that was arrested got away with a caution and was also arrested at Cambridge last season for encroaching onto the pitch.
Apparently he is to receive a 2 or 3 year asbo from GTFC though.
Posted by: DocTower, November 17, 2014, 7:16am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Richard Cranium
The lad that was arrested got away with a caution and was also arrested at Cambridge last season for encroaching onto the pitch.

Do you think he should take your name ?
He's going to be proudly supporting his asbo in the next picture .
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2014, 8:36am; Reply: 72
Quoted from fl3tch5

I wouldn't say good looking but it's better looking than if their faces are visible.
Posted by: DocTower, November 17, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 73
Quoted from 120797

If we had none ?...

That is a double whammie , small clubs miss out and we miss out . As per normal the true fans get tainted by a mindless minority .
Posted by: ska face, November 17, 2014, 11:34am; Reply: 74
Utterly laughable just how much the FA/club scare tactics have seeped into some fans. "Ban them for life"? Personal abuse? They're going to cost us promotion?

Have a bloody word with yourselves, please.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 17, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 75
Quoted from ska face
Utterly laughable just how much the FA/club scare tactics have seeped into some fans. "Ban them for life"? Personal abuse? They're going to cost us promotion?

On Saturday, someone chucked a smoke bomb on the pitch and stopped a promising Town attack. Anyone found guilty of disrupting the game in such a manner doesn't belong at a football match and should be given a lengthy ban.

Regardless of your personal views towards the rights and wrongs of smoke bombs & flares at matches, the club have previously been warned by the FA, and incidents like Saturday leave the club at risk of fines & possible points deductions. You might not like or agree with it, but it is against the law to take flares and smoke bombs into football matches in this country - scare tactics or not.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2014, 11:55am; Reply: 76
Quoted from ska face

Everyone who commits a crime undertakes a cost-benefit analysis. If there is a big benefit at very little cost (e.g. finding and not reporting a 50 quid note) a lot of people would succumb. If there is very little benefit at great cost (e.g. punching a police officer) then most people wouldn't.

When it comes to smoke bombs there is next to no benefit and a potentially huge cost. It might be all hollow threats, but on the other hand it might not. But what is the benefit of finding out?

Even Saturday's incident might have cost us 2 invaluable points. We might have already paid the ultimate price.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 17, 2014, 1:05pm; Reply: 77
The Football Supporters Federation are very supportive of fans who get caught up with the law/officialdom as some Town fans can testify.

It is a huge pointer in my opinion that they are totally against the use of flares/smoke bombs.

Says it all really.

They are illegal, they do endanger those with breathing difficulties and in my opinion add nothing to the support or 'atmosphere'
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 17, 2014, 2:22pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from ska face

Whatever anyone might think about smoke bombs held aloft in the crowd, throwing on the pitch? Regardless of whether we are attacking or not (I would not like to see smoke bombs thrown if the opposition is attacking either, I'd rather win a game through playing good football), it's disruptive, and just bloody daft. It reminds me of schoolkids egging each other on, rather than any genuine love for the flare/ultras culture.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 17, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 79
Good to see the OS showing a picture of it on their home page!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 17, 2014, 10:56pm; Reply: 80
I just thought you F***ing idiot. It showed an almost Mr Bean esque level of incompetence and idiocy on two level.
Firstly doing it all - think of people with Asthma
Secondly doing it when we're attacking!!! it was staggering.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 18, 2014, 5:30am; Reply: 81
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Glad you done that Rob, was looking for it to remove and wondered what was going on.

super
Posted by: Meza, November 18, 2014, 8:19am; Reply: 82
Oh dear I hope point deductions are not dished out.  Are these fans that use smoke bombs yobs?  It doesn't make sense that 1 arrest was made then the fan was cautioned, yet in the GET it states just carrying a smoke bomb can hold a 3 month prison sentence and a banning order.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Claims-Grimsby-Town-fans-threw-smoke-bombs/story-24550869-detail/story.html[/url]
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 18, 2014, 8:24am; Reply: 83
It's time we policed this smoke bomb nonsense ourselves. If we lose points because of these dickheads then I'll shove their smokebombs up.....well you know where. It's ridiculous and needless.
Posted by: Bradford Mariner, November 18, 2014, 8:37am; Reply: 84
I suspect these morons won't be stopped unless there IS a points deduction, and then it will only be because of the intervention of decent fans.

Sad really, we just don't need these issues when the new stadium proposal is already being rubbished by the NIMBY brigade.

UTM
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 18, 2014, 9:24am; Reply: 85
So Greater Manchester Police arrested and cautioned one person on Saturday. Why, he should have been dealt with in court. A caution is a 'cop out' by them!
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, November 18, 2014, 9:24am; Reply: 86
the article in the telegraph today states smoke bombs at the game and trouble with fans on the train home, The nimby's will be loving it that we are strengthening their argument for no new ground. We need to be whiter than white away from home not feeding the press.
Posted by: rancido, November 18, 2014, 2:55pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Richard Cranium

Surely just a caution gives out the wrong message? If he has already been arrested for a football ground offence then surely a fine as the very minimum would have been more in order? These pyrotechnic type offences carry up to a 3 month prison sentence so for a regular football offender surely even 28 days at H M pleasure wouldn't have been out of order.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, November 18, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from rancido

Surely just a caution gives out the wrong message? If he has already been arrested for a football ground offence then surely a fine as the very minimum would have been more in order? These pyrotechnic type offences carry up to a 3 month prison sentence so for a regular football offender surely even 28 days at H M pleasure wouldn't have been out of order.
Well said

Posted by: Tinymariner, November 18, 2014, 3:15pm; Reply: 89
The fact that he is only 15 meant that he only received a caution. It's the middle aged blokes who stand off to the side in their Burberry scarfs, Stone Island Jackets and baseball caps, running the show, who need approaching and banning!
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 18, 2014, 7:13pm; Reply: 90
What I expect to happen now: EVERY Town fan will get searched at away grounds...queues and delays...fans missing the start
of the match (or even worse - having to leave the pub earlier!). By our idiots we shall be judged.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, November 18, 2014, 10:01pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from 137
What I expect to happen now: EVERY Town fan will get searched at away grounds...queues and delays...fans missing the start
of the match (or even worse - having to leave the pub earlier!). By our idiots we shall be judged.
Get to the ground a bit earlier then

Posted by: immariner, November 21, 2014, 11:50pm; Reply: 92
Surprised no one has mentioned this article:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-set-deadline-issue-report-fans/story-24590116-detail/story.html
Posted by: moosey_club, November 22, 2014, 12:41am; Reply: 93
Quoted from immariner

Act like FIFA, deny every fking thing (angle)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:32am