Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 4:26pm
Just finished work, telly on, beer open, come on England  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 15, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 1
4-0 to England

Rooney 2, Welbeck 2

AND England go marching on,

We hope. :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 4:39pm; Reply: 2
Surprised it's a near sell out after recent Wembley attendances.

3 - 0  England   ;D
Posted by: Fishfinger, November 15, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 3
3-0 to us I reckon!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 15, 2014, 5:43pm; Reply: 4
It's just like watching Grimsby,

Plenty of control but no cutting edge.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
It's just like watching Grimsby,

Plenty of control but no cutting edge.

Fair point but winning by the odd goal ( that one chance will come ) brings maximum points, just like Grimsby
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 15, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 6
FFS  rooney saves our blushes
Posted by: Maringer, November 15, 2014, 6:18pm; Reply: 7
First thing Rooney has done all game and the first time he has even tried to do anything.

Lallana is a waste of space tonight. Sterling utterly anonymous in the first half but has done a little more since he moved to the wing and Henderson just isn't of international standard. He's not alone in that, mind.

Ultimately, if you look through the team, you'd have to say we're just not very good, even when playing a distinctly average side such as Slovenia.

I do fear for Tuesday night as I have a nasty feeling that the Scots (of all teams) could well give us a footballing lesson. They've been playing some good stuff of late.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 8
yeeeehaaaa  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 6:33pm; Reply: 9
there not singing anymore there not singing anymore,  i think the beer's kicking in  ;D
Posted by: Rick12, November 15, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 10
Fair play to Rooney.Grit and determination to win that penalty
Posted by: Maringer, November 15, 2014, 6:42pm; Reply: 11
Nice third goal with an excellent finish from Welbeck. Surprising that his international scoring ratio is so much better than his record for his clubs!

As expected, it looks like we'll walk this group but there hasn't been much on show to indicate that we'll do any better in the 2016 Euro Champs than in the last couple of tournaments.

The Under-21s are doing well, so perhaps one or two of them will step up to the senior team during the next couple of years?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, November 15, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 12
San Marino on the brink of getting a 0-0 against Estonia
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 6:51pm; Reply: 13
I'm in dreamland, both my team's are on a winning streak.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 15, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 14
Welbeck 10 goals  in 12 starts as a centre forward,

I hope nobody puts him back on the wing again.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, November 15, 2014, 7:45pm; Reply: 15
Listened to it on the radio while driving home from the main event: sounded awful.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 15, 2014, 7:49pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Listened to it on the radio while driving home from the main event: sounded awful.

I said before it was like watching town,

We scored a great own goal by Henderson,

Then we put a bit of urgency in our play and won easily  in the end.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, November 15, 2014, 7:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete

I said before it was like watching town,

We scored a great own goal by Henderson,

Then we put a bit of urgency in our play and won easily  in the end.

Not quite like watch The TOWN then: we don't win easily too often!
Posted by: TAGG, November 15, 2014, 8:17pm; Reply: 18
England did what they needed to do, bit boring really but a good win.
Looking forward to a real footballing atmosphere on Tuesday against the sweaty socks.
Atmos at Wembley is excrement.
The 400/600 Town away following is better the the 50000 England fans in Wembley.
Take England back on the road to the real fans.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from TAGG
England did what they needed to do, bit boring really but a good win.
Looking forward to a real footballing atmosphere on Tuesday against the sweaty socks.
Atmos at Wembley is excrement.
The 400/600 Town away following is better the the 50000 England fans in Wembley.
Take England back on the road to the real fans.

Posted by: petethemariner, November 15, 2014, 10:08pm; Reply: 20
Wasn't the pitch f@acking awful though? If the only way we can fund a national stadium is by hosting utter
shite NFL 5 days before an important Euro qualifier we may as well have left Wembley as it was - i am old enough
to remember Wembley as an Iconic stadium with a playing surface envied throughout the world, now its just a corporate
sellout just to pay for its self.
Sad.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 15, 2014, 11:55pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Maringer
Nice third goal with an excellent finish from Welbeck. Surprising that his international scoring ratio is so much better than his record for his clubs!

As expected, it looks like we'll walk this group but there hasn't been much on show to indicate that we'll do any better in the 2016 Euro Champs than in the last couple of tournaments.

The Under-21s are doing well, so perhaps one or two of them will step up to the senior team during the next couple of years?

You cant win a tournament without a world class striker and we just dont have one at the moment as highlighted in the last world cup. Two free headers inside 12 yards for our main strikers and neither even hit the target....a penalty, a miss hit and one well worked goal. Hardly convincing.
Also although England worked very hard to regain possession quickly tonight, in truth the better sides in Europe/World dont need that quality as they dont give it away as much in the first place.
Posted by: mariner91, November 16, 2014, 12:01am; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club

You cant win a tournament without a world class striker and we just dont have one at the moment as highlighted in the last world cup. Two free headers inside 12 yards for our main strikers and neither even hit the target....a penalty, a miss hit and one well worked goal. Hardly convincing.
Also although England worked very hard to regain possession quickly tonight, in truth the better sides in Europe/World dont need that quality as they dont give it away as much in the first place.

Like Barca at their peak who were well known for sitting off their opponents and not closing down quickly.
Posted by: Rick12, November 16, 2014, 7:12pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Wouldent say it was awful. Thought England played with good urgency in the first half and nice to see us come from a goal behind and take the 3 points
Posted by: LH, November 16, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 24
Five Live were more concerned with a fly in the commentary box than the game.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:17am