Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WappingMariner, November 12, 2014, 6:27pm
On now until 7.
Posted by: WappingMariner, November 12, 2014, 6:30pm; Reply: 1
He says he didn't have a great relationship with Gary Mills. Don't think he's revealed that before. Interesting.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2014, 8:22pm; Reply: 2
How is his knee, he went off injured last night I believe.?
Posted by: Meza, November 12, 2014, 8:33pm; Reply: 3
I think he said he was feeling it just before he made it worse by trying to clear the ball then getting jelly legged and embarrassing himself. Lol

I dont think he will be fit in time or even risked but that would mean Parslow RB and Brown to come in maybe.

I also think he loves it here and was impressed with the clubs marketing re the sticker book.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Meza
I think he said he was feeling it just before he made it worse by trying to clear the ball then getting jelly legged and embarrassing himself. Lol

I dont think he will be fit in time or even risked but that would mean Parslow RB and Brown to come in maybe.

I also think he loves it here and was impressed with the clubs marketing re the sticker book.

Thanks for that Meza,

Yes better he rests it ,we have plenty of cover at the moment.
Posted by: WappingMariner, November 13, 2014, 2:18pm; Reply: 5
Link to last night's show for those who want to listen again. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02b4gts
Posted by: oldun, November 13, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 6
Carl  is good to listen too. A future in sport journalism/media could be a possibility if he is interested.
Posted by: chaos33, November 13, 2014, 8:51pm; Reply: 7
Not only a very good pro but articulate and engaging too. So good, that he's virtually guaranteed a place in the starting eleven when fit. Rightly so IMO. Earned that on merit.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 8:54pm; Reply: 8
Disagree any player is ever guaranteed a place in the side but fully appreciate your point.
Posted by: chaos33, November 13, 2014, 9:43pm; Reply: 9
You'll now notice that I deliberately included the word 'virtually', and will doubtless realise that your feeble attempt at clever humour has actually made you look a bit daft.

And, I'll go you one further - I bet there isn't one single Town fan on here who doesn't agree with the notion that Carl Magnay, based on his consistently high levels of performance, attitude and character, isn't 'virtually guaranteed a place in the starting eleven' based upon that. That's virtually. Not actually.  He's good. Oh yes.

Now stop being so obtuse.

;)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 9:51pm; Reply: 10
Oh dear, again ?

My point is I don't think any player ever guarantees himself a place in the side because we can't be 100% sure how his form will go.

However unlikely it may be (and agree it's very unlikely), if he starts playing poorly at whichever point in the season, then he wouldn't deserve a starting place.

Perhaps I should have explained my reasoning but tbh thought it might be obvious anyway.
Posted by: chaos33, November 13, 2014, 9:57pm; Reply: 11
Y' see that bit about 'based on his consistently high levels of performance, attitude and character'.....?

The point you're making is already implicit in what I've written. Your little challenge is not worth making. It's just arguing for the sake of it. Splitting hairs. Not getting it. Obviously, if he suddenly becomes cr@p, he's out. Like anyone else.

Move on.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 13, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 12
I can't wait for the episode when you  two finally get together.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 13
I didn't see your "changed version" of your 2nd post which was made after my initial point chaos.
Not for that matter see your "follow ups" (unedited version) when I was in the process of typing my "follow up" either.
Believe it or not these things do happen on a forum - not everyone is trying to be obtuse.

To cut to the chase, If you're NOW saying he's virtually guaranteed a place in the side, I fully agree (as I hinted bigtime the very first time - i.e. "fully appreciate your point"  ::))

Even so, truth is there are always "exceptions to the rule".

For example, if we're 10 points clear of the playoff chasers with 3 left but can't win the title, no point playing him just cos he's the best right back.
And you just never know, someone equally outstanding might even come in at RB to push him or he might move to CB and perhaps even be "outshone" by Pearson and Toto if they're both flying.

Very unlikely again but who knows and who can really say for sure.

I'd also add if was so "obvious", then I've no idea why you chose to argue against the "obvious" point in the first place.

Anyway no need for a paddy or toys out the pram - I think everyone's on the same wavelength anyway tbh. (least I hope so !)
Posted by: chaos33, November 13, 2014, 11:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 120797
I didn't see your "changed version" of your 2nd post which was made after my initial point chaos.
Not for that matter see your "follow ups" (unedited version) when I was in the process of typing my "follow up" either.
Believe it or not these things do happen on a forum - not everyone is trying to be obtuse.

To cut to the chase, If you're NOW saying he's virtually guaranteed a place in the side, I fully agree (as I hinted bigtime the very first time - i.e. "fully appreciate your point"  ::))

Even so, truth is there are always "exceptions to the rule".

For example, if we're 10 points clear of the playoff chasers with 3 left but can't win the title, no point playing him just cos he's the best right back.
And you just never know, someone equally outstanding might even come in at RB to push him or he might move to CB and perhaps even be "outshone" by Pearson and Toto if they're both flying.

Very unlikely again but who knows and who can really say for sure.

I'd also add if was so "obvious", then I've no idea why you chose to argue against the "obvious" point in the first place.

Anyway no need for a paddy or toys out the pram - I think everyone's on the same wavelength anyway tbh. (least I hope so !)

None of my points were edited after positng. I used the word 'now' to indicate that you had initially missed the word 'virtually', and would be forced to notice it in the light of the reply. I've had anough of this now. Let's just move on. Turns out you agree with me anyway FFS.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 11:07pm; Reply: 15
I can't really remember the exact sequence of who typed what when.
But when I posted my 2nd point explaining my intial reasoning, I didn't see you'd already changed it to "virtually.' by then.
I'm calling it a day and not arguing the toss with you.
Posted by: chaos33, November 13, 2014, 11:22pm; Reply: 16
I didn't change it to virtually. That's the point.

I'm out of here.

UTM
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 11:34pm; Reply: 17
Ooops !
My fault then.
I must have just misread it thinking you only just put "guaranteed" without the 'virtually'.
Similarly when you said "You'll NOW notice that I deliberately included the word 'virtually'" for some reason I thought you meant you had edited it after.

intercourse knows what happened but it's just crossed wires.
Sincere apologies on my part.

Taxi for 80's..

PS I gave you a +1 to support your well made point, not for you to go !
Posted by: Meza, November 13, 2014, 11:38pm; Reply: 18
Sooooo at present who so far would be leading candidates for the end of season awards?

For me its

1st Magnay
2nd Pearson
3rd LJL
Posted by: MarinerWY, November 14, 2014, 12:17am; Reply: 19
This thread is hilarious! Props to Rodley Mariner and Meza for perfect additions :)

Posted by: barralad, November 14, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I can't wait for the episode when you  two finally get together.

:)
Posted by: FFS, November 14, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 21
FFS
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:08am