Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 12, 2014, 11:20am
We could do with a favour from Wrexham tonight. Woking 5 points behind us but have THREE games in hand, whereas Wrexham are 8 points behind us with only 2 games in hand.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result either but we could do without a Woking win. We play them at home in a couple of weeks time so that's going to be another big game coming just after Kiddy at home.

Woking seem to be this seasons "surprise" team. There usually seems to be one each season but normally they fall away towards the end of the season. Not sure if Woking are part-time or not though?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 12, 2014, 11:23am; Reply: 1
is it on BTSport?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2014, 11:24am; Reply: 2
There manager Gary Hill was at Blundell Park last night,

I hope we scared him.

I think Woking are part time Les.
Posted by: Grimal, November 12, 2014, 1:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from horsforthmariner
is it on BTSport?

No not listed.     The next conference game is this Sunday.   Halifax v  Woking   1.30pm.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 12, 2014, 1:20pm; Reply: 4
Shouldn't we want the big clubs to drop points at this stage of the season? Wrexham are a much bigger club than part time Woking. If it came to play-offs I'd rather play Woking then Wrexham even if Woking ended on more points.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, November 12, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Grimal

No not listed.     The next conference game is this Sunday.   Halifax v  Woking   1.30pm.

ta
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 12, 2014, 8:32pm; Reply: 6
Wrexham winning
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 8:39pm; Reply: 7
Bottom of the league Telford are also beating our opponents for Saturday (Altringham).
Posted by: Garth, November 12, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 8
Woking score 1-1
Posted by: chaos33, November 12, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 9
Yep, and Kiddy losing at home now to Aldershot (Brett Williams goal).
Posted by: acko338, November 12, 2014, 9:26pm; Reply: 10
Kiddy now two down and ten men - 1st goal was the pen after the sending off.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 9:44pm; Reply: 11
FT- Woking 1-1 Wrexham  (Rendell, Bishop)
FT- Telford 2-1 Altringham (Smith, Farrell, Perry) Can't do confidence any good losing to a team who are the bottom of the league on top of a  4-1 loss against a team who are two divisions below.
FT-Kidderminster 0 -  2 Aldershot ( Williams, Molesely) Hodgkiss got a straight red meaning he will miss the game against us.
Posted by: wigworld, November 12, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 12
Woking's next three games are Halifax, Barnet and us.
I don't think they'll be a concern by the end of November.
Posted by: kevikov, November 12, 2014, 9:48pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 1739
FT- Telford 2-1 Altringham (Smith, Farrell, Perry) Can't do confidence any good losing to a team who are the bottom of the league on top of a  4-1 loss against a team who are two divisions below.
FT-Kidderminster 0 -  2 Aldershot ( Williams, Molesely) Hodgkiss got a straight red meaning he will miss the game against us.

Second night on the trot where results smile upon the mariners?! WTF!!!!!
Posted by: tashee69, November 12, 2014, 10:44pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 1739

If it was a professional foul, Hodgkiss will only get a one match ban. If the straight red was for violent conduct then it's 3.
It's Altricham, not Altringham. I always used to spell it with a "g", think it sounds better that way  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 12, 2014, 10:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from tashee69

If it was a professional foul, Hodgkiss will only get a one match ban. If the straight red was for violent conduct then it's 3.
It's Altricham, not Altringham. I always used to spell it with a "g", think it sounds better that way  ;)

Altrincham actually.  ;)

The often mis-spelling of their name must be as annoying to their fans as Grimbsy is to us.
Posted by: tashee69, November 13, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Les Brechin

Altrincham actually.  ;)

The often mis-spelling of their name must be as annoying to their fans as Grimbsy is to us.

Big fingers, little keys. That's why I don't like typing on my iPhone  ;D
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 10:06pm