Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: rancido, November 10, 2014, 1:27pm
Now I know it's not peculiar just to our team by why do the subs warm up at half-time instead of hearing what the manager has to say in the dressing room? Surely they should be there to hear PH's assessment of the half and to know his thought if he intends to change players or tactics in the second half? I never go to any other football matches except GTFC but I wonder if this is done at the higher end of the pyramid such as the Premiersh*t or Championship?
Posted by: DocTower, November 10, 2014, 2:34pm; Reply: 1
Air might be fresher , 11 steaming,  sweaty athletes in a small room isn't everyone's cup of tea .
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 2:52pm; Reply: 2
I would imagine if the manager was about to put a substitute on at half time the player would already have received his instructions. If not, it's just a case of the lads warming up with the ball.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 10, 2014, 4:09pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from DocTower
.... 11 steaming,  sweaty athletes in a small room isn't everyone's cup of tea...

oooh what an image.

(ymca)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from DocTower
Air might be fresher , 11 steaming,  sweaty athletes in a small room isn't everyone's cup of tea .

Well fair enough but what about Town ? ;)

Posted by: GrimRob, November 10, 2014, 11:03pm; Reply: 5
Do they not have a slightly ulterior motive to the 11 players on the pitch because they want to get on and make a spot in the team their own? So they might actually secretely want their rival on the pitch to fail. If the manager is giving out instructions might it not be confusing to have 5 people there who not direct recipients?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 11:18pm; Reply: 6
A good point Rob.
Being subs they're not under "direct instruction" as such.
And if tactics change during the game, what's said at H/T maybe becomes irrelevant.

Can see both sides tbh but if they have little time to warm up and all that...
You could argue they can warm up running down the touchline.
But everyone warms up out on the pitch before the game kicks off ? (least I hope they do !)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:37am