Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 10, 2014, 12:42pm
Who on here would think it'd be a good suggestion to move the Woking game from Tuesday 25th November to the Saturday 6th of December, seeing as we'll both have the Saturday off due to the fa cup?
Posted by: GrimRob, November 10, 2014, 12:51pm; Reply: 1
Good idea, better be quick though as it's not far off! Bit harsh on anyone from Woking who has booked overnight accommodation,
Posted by: pizzzza, November 10, 2014, 12:52pm; Reply: 2
Get it done and dusted I say, what if it snows at the start of December?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 10, 2014, 1:06pm; Reply: 3
Are you reading this john? I see you're online ;)
Posted by: thevera, November 10, 2014, 1:25pm; Reply: 4
Good idea but better still bring the Nuneaton away game forward from January 24th which is trophy 2nd round day just in case either team are still involved in the competition. This is assuming Nuneaton are also out the FA Cup.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 10, 2014, 1:27pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from thevera
Good idea but better still bring the Nuneaton away game forward from January 24th which is trophy 2nd round day just in case either team are still involved in the competition. This is assuming Nuneaton are also out the FA Cup.

Nuneaton play alfreton on the 6th of December so they wouldn't be able to move that
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 10, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Who on here would think it'd be a good suggestion to move the Woking game from Tuesday 25th November to the Saturday 6th of December, seeing as we'll both have the Saturday off due to the fa cup?

I've arranged a day off for that as I don't live in GY so leave it as it is thank you. :P
Posted by: devon mariner, November 10, 2014, 2:39pm; Reply: 7
If we can move any Tuesday game to this Saturday it would be a result for us 8)
Posted by: cjbill, November 10, 2014, 5:15pm; Reply: 8
On a selfish point of view then yes, I say move the Woking game becuase as it is I will have to miss it.   :(
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 9
I think we would much rather get games over and done with. It would be our luck we decide to move it and our game for the 6th gets postponed. I personally think it would be better if we try and get one of the later games throughout the season and bought back earlier so we have a weekend free later on in the season when the fixtures start piling up.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 10, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 10
Great idea, would love it to be switched to Saturday.  I have college every damn Tuesday night till 8pm, so i'll miss half the game argh!  :o
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 6:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from thevera

Think you meant the Trophy 3rd round ?
http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/more/round-dates

I see Woking play Barnet at home on Sat Nov 22nd (we play Kiddy at home) before the scheduled game on Tues Nov 25th.
While Tuesday games after a Saturday aren't ideal for anyone, we can only guess who it's likely to suit the most by the time it comes round.
At a wild stab I'd say us if they have a hard game v Barnet but if they DO turn them over there they could be flying too.
It's all guesswork and I don't profess to be John Kettley either.

So 2 good alternatives but tend to wonder if we're gonna be in the Trophy 3rd round anyway if we play the reserves.

Take your pick ?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 6:13pm; Reply: 12
Oh hang on is Mariner Ronnie right it would be a "no go" for Nuneaton on the 6th Dec ?
If so my apologies.
Posted by: thevera, November 10, 2014, 6:55pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 120797

Think you meant the Trophy 3rd round ?
http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/more/round-dates

I see Woking play Barnet at home on Sat Nov 22nd (we play Kiddy at home) before the scheduled game on Tues Nov 25th.
While Tuesday games after a Saturday aren't ideal for anyone, we can only guess who it's likely to suit the most by the time it comes round.
At a wild stab I'd say us if they have a hard game v Barnet but if they DO turn them over there they could be flying too.
It's all guesswork and I don't profess to be John Kettley either.

So 2 good alternatives but tend to wonder if we're gonna be in the Trophy 3rd round anyway if we play the reserves.

Take your pick ?

Yes I did mean the 3rd round and I posted not realising there was a full conference fixture list for FA cup 2nd round day. However Hurst has just said on RH that they are looking to set up a fixture for the spare Saturday. I guess that means looking to see which teams haven't got a game on the day and bringing that fixture forward or as the original poster suggests Woking.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, November 10, 2014, 7:22pm; Reply: 14
I'd move the Forest Green game because its on FAT Round 2 day of which one of us will be probably still be in and I want to go to Forest Green
Posted by: thevera, November 10, 2014, 7:53pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from SamTheMariner
I'd move the Forest Green game because its on FAT Round 2 day of which one of us will be probably still be in and I want to go to Forest Green

That can't be done as they have already got a game that day.
I have studied the possibilities now and there are 3 teams that do not have a game on that day with the possibility of 2 more if Aldershot and Telford win their replays. The 5 are:
Halifax-that's a no as we will have played them twice by then
Kidderminster-ditto
Lincoln- not going to move the festive fixture
Macclesfield-ditto
Which leaves you with Woking!!
Posted by: Belfast Town, November 10, 2014, 9:04pm; Reply: 16
A rearranged home game would be great as I have to be in Grimsby that weekend and couldn't have made it down to Eastleigh.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 10:41pm; Reply: 17
Impressive research thevera !
Good on you mate.
Posted by: TonySmith, November 11, 2014, 12:08am; Reply: 18
I will be really disappointed if the Woking game is moved. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and only get to see one game a season live ( sometimes more, sometimes not even that ) when I come over for an annual visit to see family and friends. This year the Woking game will be it. So fingers crossed it does not get rearranged.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 12:18am; Reply: 19
Would be a shame for you.
You can't come over a bit earlier and make the Kiddy home game on the 22nd ?
Posted by: thevera, November 11, 2014, 6:10am; Reply: 20
Quoted from 120797
Impressive research thevera !
Good on you mate.

Cheers mate, was it worth a tick?
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 11, 2014, 6:38am; Reply: 21
Quoted from thevera

I agree, great research and for the initial post I have given you a tick.

However, on this post, for asking for a tick, you've got s cross from me. ;D
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 7:07am; Reply: 22
Quoted from thevera

Certainly was - I gave you one.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 7:08am; Reply: 23
Quoted from ivanosandwich
However, on this post, for asking for a tick, you've got s cross from me. ;D

-1  :P
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 11, 2014, 7:15am; Reply: 24
Quoted from 120797

-1  :P

On this occasion, I'm sure he won't mind, as I am also happy to receive a cross from you.  :)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 11:00am; Reply: 25
Lol.
Only pulling your leg mate, it was as good as a wink.
+ 1 ;)
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 11, 2014, 11:04am; Reply: 26
Quoted from 120797
Lol.
Only pulling your leg mate, it was as good as a wink.
+ 1 ;)

I thought you was, a +1 for you.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 11:13am; Reply: 27
I was hoping to hit 4 figures tbh but if you must.  :)
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:08am