Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, November 9, 2014, 5:11pm
Firstly, these are no accusations from my side, just saying what I have seen on Twitter.

Apparently Thomas was racial abused during yesterday's match from the pontoon when he dropped the ball when losing instead of throwing the ball back to the goalkeeper, hope these claims are incorrect, but if they are, I hope the person is named and shamed and never watches a football match again.

Toto has also retweeted this.
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 9, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 1
Probably that horrid woman who was racist to him last time.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 9, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 2
Wouldn't surprise me,they need a lifetime ban and a knock from the police if true. Hopefully it is just bullshit though.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 9, 2014, 5:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Wouldn't surprise me,they need a lifetime ban and a knock from the police if true. Hopefully it is just bullshit though.

I think all fans have a responsibility to report people to help stamp out these vile comments
Posted by: Hagrid, November 9, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 4
yes i saw this on twitter, and i saw toto's response to it; if proved correct i hope the piece of filth gets banned from every game in the land for life
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 9, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BIGChris

I think all fans have a responsibility to report people to help stamp out these vile comments

Completely agree
Posted by: denni266, November 9, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 6
absolutley  totaly wrong if true. hope they get grassed up if its true
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 9, 2014, 6:11pm; Reply: 7
If true then ban them from every sport venue in the country. Fine them a couple of grand and put them in prison for a year or two. I really hope they make an example of them to show the consequences of being a racist. Disgusting behaviour and looks awful on the club. Anyone who hears racist abuse aimed at a  human should report it straight away. Absolute scum.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 9, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 1739
If true then ban them from every sport venue in the country. Fine them a couple of grand and put them in prison for a year or two. I really hope they make an example of them to show the consequences of being a racist. Disgusting behaviour and looks awful on the club. Anyone who hears racist abuse aimed at a player should report it straight away. Absolute scum.

Racist abuse is racist abuse if aimed at anyone not just footballers
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 9, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris

Racist abuse is racist abuse if aimed at anyone not just footballers

Changed. I was just using it with this example (if it is true). Can someone link me the tweet or aswads twitter account?
Posted by: davmariner, November 9, 2014, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
People were giving him abuse when he left the ball in the corner right at the end and didn't give it to the keeper. Most of those idiots obviously didn't realise that his responsibility is to return to his position. What would they have done if he had and the keeper had played the ball into area that he should have been? Potentially leading to a goal. Some town fans obviously haven't been blessed with a brain.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 9, 2014, 7:11pm; Reply: 11
Time to stand up and be counted then.....hundreds of people in the pontoon....if Aswad heard something then onlookers must have also.....
there were also two ball boys in the vacinity and i would guess stewards also.....if it was said then there must be witnesses.

Posted by: chicaneuk, November 9, 2014, 7:14pm; Reply: 12
That's abysmal :( I really hope if someone saw / heard who it was, reports them. Racial abuse of ANY players makes me sick to my stomach regardless of their team, but to do it to your own players is beyond comprehension :(
Posted by: MrsMariner, November 9, 2014, 7:19pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from davmariner
People were giving him abuse when he left the ball in the corner right at the end and didn't give it to the keeper. Most of those idiots obviously didn't realise that his responsibility is to return to his position. What would they have done if he had and the keeper had played the ball into area that he should have been? Potentially leading to a goal. Some town fans obviously haven't been blessed with a brain.

To be fair the amount of time the keeper was taking over kicks he would have had plenty of time to get back in position, he just handed the keeper an excuse to waste even more time which was a bit stupid in my opinion but I don't condone anyone racially abusing him.
Posted by: davmariner, November 9, 2014, 7:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MrsMariner

To be fair the amount of time the keeper was taking over kicks he would have had plenty of time to get back in position, he just handed the keeper an excuse to waste even more time which was a bit stupid in my opinion but I don't condone anyone racially abusing him.

That's not Aswad's job to deal with that it's the referee (which he didn't). Ball boys also should be fulfilling their requirement properly which too often they don't. Not sure whose remit it is in terms of organising ball boys but more often than not they're far too young and can barely throw a football. Too often our players are farting around trying to retrieve balls that have gone out of play and miss opportunities to catch the opposition on the back foot.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 9, 2014, 7:38pm; Reply: 15
I thought he was a bit dopy leaving the ball there, then again I thought his defending for most of the game was dopy.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 9, 2014, 7:46pm; Reply: 16
On a lighter note,

Can anybody remember the ballboy caught on camera a few years ago, ?

He was sat on his stool in front of the Ponny,

A hard shot went wide of the goal and straight at him,

He just headed it back to the keeper without moving from his stool.

Really cool. 8)
Posted by: mariner83, November 9, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
On a lighter note,

Can anybody remember the ballboy caught on camera a few years ago, ?

He was sat on his stool in front of the Ponny,

A hard shot went wide of the goal and straight at him,

He just headed it back to the keeper without moving from his stool.

Really cool. 8)

[url=http://youtu.be/kJIdlj7VtiQ]http://youtu.be/kJIdlj7VtiQ[/url]
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 9, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 18
I'm no lefty wallflower but can only think that once is bad , twice is an utter embarrassment that town fans can abuse one of our own like this . It really does show what a bunch of backward people inhabit the region . I wouldn't blame him if he slapped in a transfer request in the morning and said he'd only play in away games
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 9, 2014, 9:23pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I'm no lefty wallflower but can only think that once is bad , twice is an utter embarrassment that town fans can abuse one of our own like this . It really does show what a bunch of backward people inhabit the region . I wouldn't blame him if he slapped in a transfer request in the morning and said he'd only play in away games

Remember it's an extreme minority, they certainly need stamping out though.
Posted by: gary_elton, November 9, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 20
name and shame if you know this piece of scum...  if you know , and don't... you're just the same :-/
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 9, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from sutton mariner
Probably that horrid woman who was racist to him last time.

That's quite a comment to make on a public forum when you have no proof whatsoever.

Posted by: Abdul19, November 9, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 22
She got a 3 year ban too (so it can't have been).
Posted by: bobbyturtle, November 10, 2014, 12:30am; Reply: 23
totally not needed. I can remember the abuse Tony Ford got, not just a single person shouting but groups making monkey noises. I had hoped these days had gone.  :(
Posted by: Garth, November 10, 2014, 11:13am; Reply: 24
@Ansiala36 @RobCBartlett what stand? I was in the upper right in the pontoon and didn't hear owt?
0 replies . 0 retweets 0 favourites
Reply  Retweet  Favourite
More
Si ‏@SiJohnners  Nov 8
@Ansiala36 @RobCBartlett i hope the club searches for the illegitimates, couldn't go today but was told about it, no place for that excrement at all
More
Si ‏@SiJohnners  Nov 8
@JamesGTFC @Ansiala36 @RobCBartlett apparantly it was in the pontoon somewhere
More
paul walker #gtfc ‏@paulbiffwalker  Nov 8
@Ansiala36 @RobCBartlett assy been made a scapegoat before not on ,team effort ,he was poor but so what he plays for us
More
carl pullan ‏@carlpullan  Nov 8
@Ansiala36 @RobCBartlett probably a muppet who only goes to cup matches and big games #noneed #UTM #KickRacismOutOfFootball
More
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 10, 2014, 11:22am; Reply: 25
We must all stand together on this,

Anybody who sees and hears abuse should report the idiot to the stewards.
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 11, 2014, 12:57pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

That's quite a comment to make on a public forum when you have no proof whatsoever.

Well, in my opinion, shouting racist abuse toward another human does, in turn, make you pretty horrible.

I'm sure others will see it differently...
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 11, 2014, 1:21pm; Reply: 27

Well, in my opinion, shouting racist abuse toward another human does, in turn, make you pretty horrible.

I wouldn't disagree with the above point but that doesn't give you carte blanche to just accuse her of anything you wish to without any evidence to support you.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 12, 2014, 6:08am; Reply: 28

I wasn't making any reference to the comment shouted but to the fact you are accusing someone without any proof, that could well be a libellous comment.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 9:24am