http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29972199

Posted by: Garth, November 9, 2014, 3:53pm; Reply: 1
Soul destroying defensive errors
Posted by: psgmariner, November 9, 2014, 4:06pm; Reply: 2
All very good finishes to be fair.
Posted by: livosnose, November 9, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 3
Great goal by Pearson !
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 9, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 4
Not too sure Macca will be happy with the first two goals especially where he pushed the ball out to for their second

All academic though as he was left exposed too. Collectively not good defending by us at all
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, November 9, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 5
Yuk! Nevermind... 3pts v Halifax on Tuesday & all is forgiven  ::)

Was that JT's commentary debut on BBC Sport btw...?
Posted by: oldun, November 9, 2014, 4:32pm; Reply: 6
Diz caught napping for the 3rd not picking up the goal scorer who was unmarked in acres of space.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 9, 2014, 7:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from psgmariner
All very good finishes to be fair.

BUT

Still very poor defending.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 9, 2014, 7:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Not too sure Macca will be happy with the first two goals especially where he pushed the ball out to for their second

All academic though as he was left exposed too. Collectively not good defending by us at all

It just goes to show , it does not matter how good we think Macca is,

He knows why he needs a goalkeeping coach,

He sticks to his line too much, if he came our a couple of steps he would cut down the angle a lot, ( 1st goal )

If he parries a shot he must make sure the ball goes out of play or to a save area, ( 2nd goal )

Don't get me wrong , I think he is a good keeper,

BUT

He could be better, having said that if he did improve he would be playing in a lot higher league than the conference.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 9, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 9
Pearson got dicked on for the first .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 9, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Pearson got dicked on for the first .

How was he out so far on the right for that?! Clip doesn't show the build up so I'm guessing we were pulled apart in the build up?
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 9, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How was he out so far on the right for that?! Clip doesn't show the build up so I'm guessing we were pulled apart in the build up?

They were counter attacking after we'd messed up a corner so he'd have been tracking back and ended up covering over there.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 10, 2014, 12:15am; Reply: 12
Quoted from livosnose
Great goal by Pearson !

My only regret is he didn't have the ball under 1 arm, waving the other at his teammates.  ;)

Goal was a good moment.  
Not his best game maybe but what a bloke he is.  
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 10, 2014, 12:16am; Reply: 13

i think Toto misjudged a ball over, and pearson tracked the guy who ran onto it.

Posted by: arryarryarry, November 10, 2014, 4:25am; Reply: 14

Because Parslow was caught way out of position as he was for the second goal.

Posted by: Maringer, November 10, 2014, 8:09am; Reply: 15
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

i think Toto misjudged a ball over, and pearson tracked the guy who ran onto it.

Yep, this was my view as well. Toto should have been the one going for the ball and he'd almost certainly have got there first with his extra pace. Pearson might well have done better when he did go out there, but I think Toto was ultimately culpable.

As has been mentioned it was incredibly frustrating that practically every one of our set pieces in the first half led to a counter-attack from our opponents! Very poor defensive organisation.

I do feel we lack an organiser at the back. Toto is lackadaisical too often, Pearson and Thomas whinge and moan at each other and McKeown is always arguing with his defenders. Magnay does a great job defensively (certainly better than Parslow who does look like a central defender a bit out of position), but I'm not sure if he's the organising type.

Oh well, just have to hope it was an off day. Our defensive record is good enough this season that we shouldn't complain too much and it is good that we have a chance to put things right tomorrow night.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 10:06am