Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 8, 2014, 7:25pm
With Town out of the cup and Eastleigh playing in R2,

Do we bring forward another league game or give the players the w,end off ?
Posted by: gaz57, November 8, 2014, 8:41pm; Reply: 1
Give them a rest.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 8, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
Interesting question. If there's no game that weekend we'd probably end up playing the first choice players in the Trophy.
Posted by: MrsMariner, November 12, 2014, 4:59pm; Reply: 3
Was in the ticket office today and there was definitely plenty of discussion going on about bringing a game forward for that weekend. It seems Paul Hurst wants a game that weekend, Gateshead mentioned. Can't see it myself firstly are there many options and secondly whose going to want to accommodate us by playing us now when were in a great run of form, rather wait and take there chances later in the season when we may have gone off the boil. Anyway don't book your xmas shopping trips just yet just in case.
Posted by: BIGChris, November 12, 2014, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
Gateshead are still in the FACup aren't they!,
Posted by: MrsMariner, November 12, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 5
You're right yes but they were definitely discussing bringing a game forward but like I say there aren't many options
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
Interesting question. If there's no game that weekend we'd probably end up playing the first choice players in the Trophy.

I see what you mean.
FA Trophy 1st round 13th December
TWO "1st team" weekends off in a row ? ??)  

Bring a game forward if possible ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 12, 2014, 8:29pm; Reply: 7
I think it would suit Woking to play us on a Saturday rather than a Tuesday,

I am sure they are part time so it must be easier for them,

They will be home Saturday night with sunday off,

Otherwise it will be the early hours of wednesday morning before they get home ready for their day job.

With only little sleep.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 10:57pm; Reply: 8
Hmmm.
Could this be a bloody good point ?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 12, 2014, 10:59pm; Reply: 9
Garry Hill may have put in for an extra shift that Saturday, so it could go either way.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 13, 2014, 3:25pm; Reply: 10
Hurst said the club is looking to get a game arranged,

He does not want to go Christmas shopping. :)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 13, 2014, 3:28pm; Reply: 11
Don't blame him, neither do I !  ;D
Posted by: thevera, November 13, 2014, 5:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hurst said the club is looking to get a game arranged,

He does not want to go Christmas shopping. :)

We had a similar thread to this one earlier in the week on which I posted the following:

I have studied the possibilities now and there are 3 teams that do not have a game on that day with the possibility of 2 more if Aldershot and Telford win their replays. The 5 are:
Halifax-that's a no as we will have played them twice by then
Kidderminster-ditto
Lincoln- not going to move the festive fixture
Macclesfield-ditto
Which leaves you with Woking!!

However there is another possibility as I hadn't realised Southport had won their FA Cup game. They are due to play Braintree on December 6th so it leaves us with two possibilities, Woking, which I doubt very much they would do that as I can't see the point in delaying a game or Braintree at home brought forward from Feb. 28th.
Posted by: KK_DOG, November 18, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 13
Has this died a death or is there a realistic chance of a game for us on this date ?
Posted by: sonik, November 18, 2014, 9:01pm; Reply: 14
No. All avenues exhausted. Free Saturday to go shopping!

UTM!
Posted by: BIGChris, November 18, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 15
Great news for me. I am away that weekend and couldn't have gone wherever it was.

It will be a struggle to get to Eastleigh midweek but I will try  ;)
Posted by: KK_DOG, November 18, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 16
Thanks for that, I'm off to the big smoke then. Anyone got a couple of spare tickets for Spurs V Palace. Stupid price on Stub hub. Otherwise I will have to settle for QPR V Burnley. Plenty of those available
Posted by: thevera, November 19, 2014, 2:46pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from sonik
No. All avenues exhausted. Free Saturday to go shopping!

UTM!

Does that mean Braintree didn't want to bring forward their game from Feb 28th because after Southport's victory last night Braintree are without a game on the 6th.
This would surely suit town as Feb 28th is also a Trophy semi final date should Town or Braintree make it through to the semi final it would mean a re-arrangement.
To me it would make sense to get a game out of the way before winter takes its toll. It would also leave a Saturday free to arrange any possible postponed games due to the Trophy.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 19, 2014, 3:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KK_DOG
Thanks for that, I'm off to the big smoke then. Anyone got a couple of spare tickets for Spurs V Palace. Stupid price on Stub hub. Otherwise I will have to settle for QPR V Burnley. Plenty of those available

Keep your powder dry as  i follow Spurs as well and I know on their fans website there have been numerous comments that by match day you can get tickets for less than face value on stub hub. They are certainly not selling out at the minute so chances of tickets being available should be good.
Posted by: KK_DOG, November 19, 2014, 6:28pm; Reply: 19
Always a problem getting tickets. I think I will hold on and maybe give them a ring a few days before. It's a local derby though so it may be a sell out. I don't think QPR will be a sell out so I should get to see some football. At least I don't have that problem with Town.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 12:56am