Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 7, 2014, 3:23pm
I have a feeling.
Posted by: acko338, November 7, 2014, 5:02pm; Reply: 1
There are cures under severe electrolysis for that !!

But wouldn't it be great to brag at the end of the season ??
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, November 7, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 2
I have a very good feeling that things are gelling together nicely. With the additions of Parslow and Pell, the form of Arnold and LJL, the rock solid defence of Macca, Pearson, Toto, Magnay and Thomas and the likes of Nelson and Pittman on the bench, things are looking very good indeed.

This IS our year!!!!
Posted by: sydney, November 7, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 3
Optimisim at last from a Town Fan, great to see, lets have some more..
Well Said....

Come On Town!!
Posted by: mariner4life, November 7, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 4
I am feeling really optimistic at the moment, Really pleased that LJL has found his shooting boots. A win tomorrow and we will be flying, and I dont think it is beyond us either. UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 7, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 5
I have been saying for the last 5 years this is our year,

Now I am starting to believe myself. :)
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 7, 2014, 7:40pm; Reply: 6
Being only 18 I don't think I've ever remembered a promotion.
Relegations however...

UTM!
Posted by: sonik, November 7, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from sutton mariner
Relegations however...

UTM!

Don't spoil the moment!  LOL!

UTM!
Posted by: cod_head_doug, November 7, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 8
Relegations however...

UTM!

I feel for you mate, but you have youth on your side. I have been lucky enough to see several promotions and wembley appearances, and belive me, we know how to party !!!

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 7, 2014, 8:07pm; Reply: 9
Relegations however...

UTM!

I have seen loads of promotions ,

Sadly loads of relegations too,

One more promotion and I will be a happy man,

As long as we do not have any more relegations.

Just thought, a few years back Lincoln got to Wembley in the play offs of L2 four times in five years,

I would be happy with that.

Well I would if we won the last one. 8)
Posted by: pizzzza, November 7, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 10
Relegations however...

UTM!

16 years since the last and counting. Far too long.
Posted by: kevikov, November 7, 2014, 8:48pm; Reply: 11
I don't care how we get out of this league, as long as it's upwards!! This year - our year. UTM
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, November 8, 2014, 8:38am; Reply: 12
Being an optimist myself I'd say our glass is more than half full at the moment! UTMM
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 8, 2014, 9:27am; Reply: 13
Quoted from acko338
There are cures under severe electrolysis for that !!

But wouldn't it be great to brag at the end of the season ??

I know a better one! Us go up, scunny finish bottom, Lincoln do crap, party in cleethorpes, buzzing :)

UTM!!
Posted by: wigworld, November 8, 2014, 9:55am; Reply: 14
Cautiously optimistic.
Posted by: grimps, November 8, 2014, 11:12am; Reply: 15
I've been kicked in the teeth enough times over the years to know not to get too excited  :-/
Posted by: Promotion Train, November 8, 2014, 11:32am; Reply: 16
Is it too early to jump aboard the PROMOTION TRAIN?
Posted by: BeijingMariner, November 8, 2014, 1:57pm; Reply: 17
look at it this way...
if you don't believe it will have any effect at all to think positive things, then you might as well think positive things anyway just in case you are wrong.....
if you do believe it, then you are duty bound as a Mariner to think positive thoughts.....
win/win
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 8, 2014, 5:35pm; Reply: 18
That's a bit like that argument for believing in God. If you're wrong, well you won't go to Hell, and if you're right.....

Me, I'm an optimistic, glass half-full sort of person. So I'd say, we have an outside chance of the playoffs.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 9, 2014, 8:29pm; Reply: 19
No chance. Good chance in the playoffs though as this is a terrible league this year.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 9, 2014, 8:52pm; Reply: 20
Time now to sign that "hairs on the back of the neck" striker and have a real go at it once and for all.
Posted by: mariner91, November 9, 2014, 9:01pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That's a bit like that argument for believing in God. If you're wrong, well you won't go to Hell, and if you're right.....

Me, I'm an optimistic, glass half-full sort of person. So I'd say, we have an outside chance of the playoffs.

Outside chance of the play offs? Cheer up. We've got the joint best defence in the division and the second best strike force (in terms of goals scored), we have a pretty good chance of the play offs.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 9, 2014, 9:22pm; Reply: 22
There's a lot riding on Tuesday even though it is only one game. A good performance to get back on track would do a lot for everyone's confidence. A bad result sees us lose ground and feeling that the bubble has burst.

The biggest worry is that we don't frighten anyone. We need teams to be halfway to losing when their bus draws up at BP but we aren't destroying sides well enough considering the possession we have. A good defence is OK, maybe even vital, but it's goals that win games. Our GD is boosted by those two flukes earlier in the season. We need more big wins and PH needs to get his tactics settled and stop fannying around with his selections.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, November 9, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 23
If we win on Tuesday get everyone's confidence back up and get knocked out of the FA Trophy next month I think we stand a pretty good chance. Less midweek games and even I there are any we will have had Saturdays off and be fresher. Lets hope a win at Macclesfield on Boxing day doesn't have the same effect as a win at Lincoln our side is better than last year.

I can't think of anyone except Ajala and Young at Torquay in the home game that I'd put in the side we've got

If Neilson finds form again then Arnold, Lenny and Neilson sounds like a dangerous attack with plenty of chances and goals in it plus a very energetic midfield of Brown, Clay and Parslow or Diz.

I don't think we can really judge ourselves until we play Barnet.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 9, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from mariner91

Outside chance of the play offs? Cheer up. We've got the joint best defence in the division and the second best strike force (in terms of goals scored), we have a pretty good chance of the play offs.

For now.
Posted by: mariner91, November 9, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

For now.

Conversely, we may in the future have the best defence and best strike force. As things stand, we have a pretty good chance of making the play offs. Provided we don't get unlucky with injuries.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 9, 2014, 11:57pm; Reply: 26
A bad result sees us lose ground and feeling that the bubble has burst.

I'm seeing what the 'performance' brings first before I start sobbing or hitting the panic button.

The biggest worry is that we don't frighten anyone.

Then how come so many teams come to BP and set out to defend ?
In any case if you ARE right it means they should more open and we score more goals.

We need more big wins and PH needs to get his tactics settled and stop fannying around with his selections.

We'd like to win - that's it.

I'm not saying we should necessarily go defensive at all.
I'd love to see us carve open Halifax with BP rocking as much as anyone else.

And there's certainly a question about "getting the crowd going" to our advantage (even if we should be giving it full welly anyway)
But as much as we'd all love them, we don't NEED lots of goals for this or any particular game.

As for "fannying around"  what exact changes to "his selections" did you object to ?

Was it cup tied Pell, injured Magnay or our returning striker that did so well earlier in the season (that many wanted in anyway) ?
In any case, I'll assume you want us to "go again" with the same team (you're unhappy with) trusting them to score a bag loads of goals.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 10, 2014, 9:53am; Reply: 27
Quoted from 120797

I'm seeing what the 'performance' brings first before I start sobbing or hitting the panic button.

Then how come so many teams come to BP and set out to defend ?
In any case if you ARE right it means they should more open and we score more goals.

We'd like to win - that's it.

I'm not saying we should necessarily go defensive at all.
I'd love to see us carve open Halifax with BP rocking as much as anyone else.

And there's certainly a question about "getting the crowd going" to our advantage (even if we should be giving it full welly anyway)
But as much as we'd all love them, we don't NEED lots of goals for this or any particular game.

As for "fannying around"  what exact changes to "his selections" did you object to ?

Was it cup tied Pell, injured Magnay or our returning striker that did so well earlier in the season (that many wanted in anyway) ?
In any case, I'll assume you want us to "go again" with the same team (you're unhappy with) trusting them to score a bag loads of goals.

Teams park the bus on BP because they know Town does not have a cutting edge despite LJL's recent little upsurge. Plenty of possession but they don't hurt other teams with it when faced by a tight defence and quick marking. Teams don't play like this because they are scared of Town, they do it because it is the obvious way for them to get a point or three.

What we need is for sides and individual players to feel intimidated by the prospect of coming out onto BP because they are meeting a confident, sharp and talented team and don't know where a goal is likely to come from. We need them to kick off feeling that they will be lucky to escape with a 2 goal defeat. Promotion football means fire in the belly football.  I am sure that like me you too remember when this was the case.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 10, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 28
I like how this was meant to be an optimistic thread, but after one loss in a game that doesn't matter to the league one iota, has turned into pessimistic one.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 11, 2014, 2:41am; Reply: 29
Teams park the bus on BP because they know Town does not have a cutting edge despite LJL's recent little upsurge.

Your logic makes very little sense to me at all.

So according to your own theory...
If we DID have a cutting edge (in your eyes we don't), they WOULDN'T come and park the bus ?!!  ??)

I find that very difficult to believe !  ::)

Teams don't play like this because they are scared of Town, they do it because it is the obvious way for them to get a point or three.

Same thing here...
If they WERE scared (in your eyes they're not) they would be more open ?
Poppycock !

Think you're confusing cause and effect here.

Let's live in the 'real world' (just for a change) shall we ?...

Team come here and defend because they know we've got goals in us.
But when they try to "park the bus" it can obviously sometimes make it a little harder to get the breakthrough.

May I kindly suggest you cheer yourself up by buying that Town video of this seasons 6-1 and 7-0 wins before the game tonight ?
Posted by: Southernboy, November 11, 2014, 4:24pm; Reply: 30
Let's get the win tonight!
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 11, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 31
Told y'all
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 12, 2014, 2:36pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Promotion Train
Is it too early to jump aboard the PROMOTION TRAIN?

I'm starting to like you as much as sutton mariner ! :)
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 8:26am