Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: JMT, November 4, 2014, 9:55pm
#1. Lets be honest here, last season this game would have left us cursing and ultimately peed off, but this time we have kept going till the end and actually managed to get a goal which saw us win the game. So congratulations to Paul and the team for turning it around! (touch wood)

#2. Lenell John-Lewis is now tied fourth top scorer in the conference!

Player Name      Team      Goals
1      Scott Rendell      Woking      12
2      John Akinde      Barnet      11
3      Harry Beautyman      Welling United      10
4      Lenell John-Lewis      Grimsby Town      9

Is our luck finally turning?!

UTFM!
Posted by: SamTheMariner, November 4, 2014, 10:16pm; Reply: 1
Let's hope so. All this with Neilson and Pittman on the bench and Scott Brown injured. It looks like we have better depth and the hottest striker in the league.
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 5, 2014, 11:02am; Reply: 2
Interesting to see Beutyman up there in the scoring charts. 10 from CM isn't bad going. Mentioned him on here before as he used to play for my local club Sutton United. Unbelievable player at that level. Am 100% sure he'll go on to be a league 1/champ player.
Posted by: sutton mariner, November 5, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 3
Quoted from sutton mariner
Interesting to see Beutyman up there in the scoring charts. 10 from CM isn't bad going. Mentioned him on here before as he used to play for my local club Sutton United. Unbelievable player at that level. Am 100% sure he'll go on to be a league 1/champ player.

That said, he's no Lenny.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, November 5, 2014, 11:12am; Reply: 4
I still worry about breaking down smaller teams and again last night it took a soft goal to do it. I have no concerns with the defence but think there still needs to be a more credible plan for winter games against teams that just want a draw. Get that right and we'll be there or there abouts. don't and we continue to rely on beating the better teams which isn't a given.
Posted by: Garth, November 5, 2014, 11:25am; Reply: 5
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
I still worry about breaking down smaller teams and again last night it took a soft goal to do it. I have no concerns with the defence but think there still needs to be a more credible plan for winter games against teams that just want a draw. Get that right and we'll be there or there abouts. don't and we continue to rely on beating the better teams which isn't a given.

Difficult this, with Hannah, Nielson, Arnold, Mackreith and LJL you would think there is enough skill and nouse to break down most teams of this standard, why it does not happen on a regular basis only Buckley knows ;)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:04pm