Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariners Trust, November 4, 2014, 7:32am
At last evenings Mariners Trust AGM we are delighted to announce that SIX new board members were elected to make the number up to the maximum of 12 (plus 2 co opted members).
The new guys are;
Dean Cressey
Graham Hackney
Anthony hall
Craig Nuttall
Andrew Nutting
Stuart Raithby

Until the first board meeting  Terry Rudrum will take the chair and then, as stipulated under the constitution, the officers will be elected.

After the formal business an insight into how the Trust Directors operate and communicate was given and a discussion/update on the new ground, fans forum  and Trust comparison numbers took place.
Thanks were given to outgoing Chairman Chris Parker for his work & leadership  in re-establishing the Trust
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, November 4, 2014, 7:54am; Reply: 1
Good luck fellas!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 4, 2014, 8:47am; Reply: 2
Many thanks to those lads for their efforts.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, November 4, 2014, 8:52am; Reply: 3
How the hell does the initial post which provides  information relevant to Town fans get 2 negative crosses. I'm sure it doesnt rock the world of the poster but i do wonder what is going through peoples minds when they find themselves that disgruntled over nothing. Interested to see what drivvle they post, if anything. Anyway thanks for the info and hopefully these new members will do some valuable work for the trust. Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: WappingMariner, November 4, 2014, 9:09am; Reply: 4
All the best gents.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 4, 2014, 9:39am; Reply: 5
Some nutters on there

Sorry  :B
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 4, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 6
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Some nutters on there

Sorry  :B

In what way??
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 4, 2014, 9:48am; Reply: 7
Will minutes of the meeting be available? As an exiled member living in Sheffield, I'd be interested to hear more about the following section of the AGM - "After the formal business an insight into how the Trust Directors operate and communicate was given and a discussion/update on the new ground, fans forum  and Trust comparison numbers took place."
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, November 4, 2014, 10:05am; Reply: 8
Are there any accounts available? I mostly want to see how much cash the Trust is swimming in these days. The documents section on the Trust website is a little sparse.
Posted by: pizzzza, November 4, 2014, 11:25am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Chrisblor
Will minutes of the meeting be available? As an exiled member living in Sheffield, I'd be interested to hear more about the following section of the AGM - "After the formal business an insight into how the Trust Directors operate and communicate was given and a discussion/update on the new ground, fans forum  and Trust comparison numbers took place."

I echo this, can someone give a summary?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 4, 2014, 11:29am; Reply: 10
I am a Trust member of longstanding and a keen supporter.  The aims and objectives are only for the good of the Club. There is no need to put "negative crosses" on a post about the AGM!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 4, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 11
Am I right In assuming my trust membership gets renewed every year by DD
Posted by: bax, November 4, 2014, 1:06pm; Reply: 12
In answer to all of the above, drop them an email on enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk and I'm sure everything will be answered!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 4, 2014, 1:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

In what way??

Whooooooooooooooooosh !!!!!!

Good luck Mr Nuttall + Mr Nutting  and your fellow board members. :)
Posted by: pizzzza, November 4, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from bax
In answer to all of the above, drop them an email on enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk and I'm sure everything will be answered!

I was just throwing it out there to see if any trust members/board members on here were in attendance and could summarise so it can be shared with everyone, this being a forum and all.
Posted by: Grimal, November 4, 2014, 2:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 7011[b
][/b]How the hell does the initial post which provides  information relevant to Town fans get 2 negative crosses. I'm sure it doesnt rock the world of the poster but i do wonder what is going through peoples minds when they find themselves that disgruntled over nothing. Interested to see what drivvle they post, if anything. Anyway thanks for the info and hopefully these new members will do some valuable work for the trust. Onwards and upwards.

With reference to your query,wondering why anyone would leave negative crosses, Well a few weeks ago I received a Negative reputation score,so I sent a PM to the member that gave me it (  Fat Cobra ) asking him if I had upset him with one of my posts,He replied that I hadn't and the only reason he gives Negative scores is because he is not allowed to post on here and says this is the only way he can make himself heard. I notice that he has given a few Negative Reputations to other members. I personally don't understand his point.Perhaps the mods can take a look at this and deduct the Negative reputations he has dished out.Not sure how this works but how can he give Reputation scores when he can't post on here.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 4, 2014, 3:33pm; Reply: 16
Do you really care? And will it stop you posting what you originally were going to put?
Posted by: Grimal, November 4, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Do you really care? And will it stop you posting what you originally were going to put?

No Woz I don't give a sh!t but just explaining that some just leave Negatives for the hell of it. If they can't be bothered to post a proper reply why bother even give negs.(crazy).
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 4, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 18
Probably scunts or gimps anyway. Probably think they get extra points on manic minor or something
Posted by: BIGChris, November 4, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 19
Minutes of the Agm will be online in due course but there were no minutes of the informal discussion afterwards. In essence there will be a Fans Forum shortly but waiting for RH to be available so it can be broadcast to those unable to make it.

The 'rumour' about the council giving away the land at Peaks Parkway was quashed. They have to get a commercial return but some nimbys are asking why the club are been given public land. The simple answer is they aren't !!!!!

The club are meeting with the council over the transfer of the land very soon. If/when the terms are agreed the club can firm up the 'very keen' interest from the enabling developer. This is by far the closest the club have been to a new ground.

The published accounts show a loss of around 270k? ( I haven't had chance to view them yet) but promotion would bring in around £700k additional revenue. It follows that with similar gates the playing budget in league two could be increased without increasing debt. Alternatively the budget could be slightly increased and the rest used to chip away at the debt we carry ( my personal preferred choice).

The role of the Trust Directors was discussed and it was stressed that the views of the a Trust board are taken into the club boardroom not the views of the individuals.

The Trust accounts show that the income generated from the bars  represent around 2/3rds of the commitment to GTFC of £30k. This is now paid monthly over 10 maths and the Trust are up to date and still carry a reasonable balance.

There are many new initiatives which are being actioned but what the Trust needs more than anything is for non members to join. If you aren't a member perhaps you could e-mail and tell them why not!!!

I am posting this from the services 20 miles from Braintree!!!!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 4, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 20
Are any of these trust board members fishy people ?
I understand their personal opinions don't (necessarily) reflect the views of the trust.
However it would be nice to know if any usernames on here are part of the new team.

Quoted from Grimal
With reference to your query,wondering why anyone would leave negative crosses, Well a few weeks ago I received a Negative reputation score,so I sent a PM to the member that gave me it (  Fat Cobra ) asking him if I had upset him with one of my posts,He replied that I hadn't and the only reason he gives Negative scores is because he is not allowed to post on here and says this is the only way he can make himself heard. I notice that he has given a few Negative Reputations to other members. I personally don't understand his point.Perhaps the mods can take a look at this and deduct the Negative reputations he has dished out.Not sure how this works but how can he give Reputation scores when he can't post on here.

Or send PM's even !
Your post is interesting cos he's also been sending me PM's (out of the blue & duly ignored) too.
Despite that I guess he's probably a nice enough bloke and would defend his right to dish out crosses if he is and really wants to.
Although I have noticed recently I'm not the only one getting the red crosses at will for innocent comments.
Obviously in my case I get them all the time anyway !  ;D

Not that I really care tbh.
Just that if people disagree I wish they'd sometimes say why because they may well have something worthwhile to conribute to the discussion.

Welcome to my world...
Posted by: barralad, November 4, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Are there any accounts available? I mostly want to see how much cash the Trust is swimming in these days. The documents section on the Trust website is a little sparse.

You have a P.M.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 4, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 22
Thanks for the update BC.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:43pm