Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Exiled in Leicester, November 2, 2014, 7:53pm
I wasnt at the game yesterday but my mate text to say Pell was like a young Alan Pouton .........is he getting over excited !?
Posted by: BIGChris, November 2, 2014, 7:57pm; Reply: 1
Get him to the doctors!
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 2, 2014, 8:06pm; Reply: 2
I wasnt at the game yesterday but my mate text to say Pell was like a young Alan Pouton .........is he getting over excited !?

Tell him the men in white coats will be along shortly and not to struggle.

Posted by: Exiled in Leicester, November 2, 2014, 8:16pm; Reply: 3
ha ha ha - i guess he is delusional then  :) :)
Posted by: thefish, November 2, 2014, 8:59pm; Reply: 4
Slightly soon to liken him to the great Alan, although he did look handy!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 2, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 5
No way. Sat in the Main Stand I never once felt endangered when Pell teed up a shot/long ball.  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, November 2, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 6
I don't remember seeing a single step-over.
Posted by: livosnose, November 2, 2014, 10:49pm; Reply: 7
He's got some pace I'll give him that
Posted by: oldun, November 3, 2014, 8:01am; Reply: 8
The young man is a very useful player at this level and will play higher. Not fair to compare him with Pouton who was playing at a higher level. Given he had only played as a sub at Wimbledon recently he looked a bit rusty at times, but remember he had only just met his team mates. He grew into the game and got us going again in the later stages with some surging runs. I am very pleased he is here and PH has done well to get him. I hope he is here for a lot longer than 1 month. Clay, Brown and Pell would be one of the best midfields in the Conf and we already have the best back 4.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 3, 2014, 1:50pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from oldun
The young man is a very useful player at this level and will play higher. Not fair to compare him with Pouton who was playing at a higher level. Given he had only played as a sub at Wimbledon recently he looked a bit rusty at times, but remember he had only just met his team mates. He grew into the game and got us going again in the later stages with some surging runs. I am very pleased he is here and PH has done well to get him. I hope he is here for a lot longer than 1 month. Clay, Brown and Pell would be one of the best midfields in the Conf and we already have the best back 4.

He already has done for Bristol Rovers, Hereford United and AFC WImbledon but for whatever reason he hasn't progressed, certainly at Wimbledon where he hasn't really had a look in this season.

I would add I was quite impressed with him.
Posted by: Maringer, November 3, 2014, 1:57pm; Reply: 10
I thought he did OK and looked to have some ability but he didn't exactly blow my socks off. Looked a bit ring-rusty which is understandable as he's not been playing too much recently.

Given the choice (and fitness, obviously), I think I'd prefer to have Brown in the team instead of Pell.

Assuming Brown returns from injury reasonably quickly (and the other midfielders remain fit), it will be interesting to see who Hurst picks in the middle though Pell and Brown could certainly play together.
Posted by: oldun, November 3, 2014, 4:23pm; Reply: 11
Pell, Brown and Clay for a midfield 3, although not sure who could do a holding role
Posted by: mimma, November 3, 2014, 5:17pm; Reply: 12
I hope that Pell hasn't got Alan Pouton type Knees!!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:30pm