Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 30, 2014, 10:38pm
Not seen this mentioned at all but Stuart Watkiss to leave to take up a new post in India.

Interview on Mariners Player.

http://www.player.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/4260667/date/20141030212900/page/0/name/video--watkiss-set-for-india
Posted by: Meza, October 30, 2014, 10:43pm; Reply: 1
Maybe appoint someone like crofty or child's.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 30, 2014, 10:49pm; Reply: 2
i think he's as surprised as us. Anyone else seem to think of this when they see him?

[youtube]1qUTL10lKyc[/youtube]
Posted by: LH, October 30, 2014, 10:52pm; Reply: 3
Hope there hasn't been any argie-bhaji, possibly resulting in him getting the dhan-sack.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 30, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 4
naan that i've heard of
Posted by: pizzzza, October 30, 2014, 10:57pm; Reply: 5
So, when does he Goa?
Posted by: Meza, October 30, 2014, 10:59pm; Reply: 6
Shame really maybe we could send out a Korma get me plea to AB
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 30, 2014, 11:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from LH
Hope there hasn't been any argie-bhaji, possibly resulting in him getting the dhan-sack.

I think this is going to leave us in a right Pickle!

I just hope it"s the Raita move for him.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 31, 2014, 2:36am; Reply: 8
Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Says:
- he's leaving the youth team in "decent" shape.
- people of Grimsby shouldn't take the academy for granted and gives a lot of credit to the club for part funding it.

Fully agree a great effort from everyone involved to keep it going - we don't get the funding league clubs get !

Really hope it works out for him (indi end).
Posted by: aldi_01, October 31, 2014, 7:53am; Reply: 9
I work with a former colleague of Stuart and they're still good mates. He's been umming and ahhing over taking the job for a while. Good luck to him I say, these sort of opportunities don't come around too often...
Posted by: acko338, October 31, 2014, 8:34am; Reply: 10
Good luck to him - you can't stop someone progressing personally.

My No 2 has walked in the office this week to hand in his notice, after being head hunted and being offered a salary package I can't start to match.

You have to let go with good will, and move on.

In Town's case - keep the good work in the Youth Academy going and try to produce another good batch of players trying to make first team squad status.

Could this be an opportunity for John McDermott ? - also a pity that Wilko was snapped up earlier in the week.

Do we scour for an experienced person already working with youths, or pitch someone with coaching qualifications in at a deep end in a first job role after playing retirement, preferably an ex striker for advice up the ladder as well?

Hopefully, Watkiss will have kept Paul Hurst in the loop with the job prospect and he will be planning a replacement already..
Posted by: biggles9999, October 31, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 11
Is this part of the IPL thats got Pires etc playing?
Posted by: BIGChris, October 31, 2014, 9:20am; Reply: 12
With absolutely no assistance or funding, clubs are shafted not being in the FL.

Promotion brings with it something in the region of £150k to pay for the set up.

The salary for the Head of Youth is unlikely to attract a top candidate.

Whilst we remain at this level funding falls to the club, the PPAG & the trust to try and sustain the set up. The set up, IMO, is of value not just for hopefully producing first teamers but also to keep circa 150 kids (& their families) involved in GTFC. Those who dont make the grade will hopefully remain lifelong fans.

Scrapping the set up would not only mean no players coming through but also mean many youngsters lose any relationship with their local club.

For this reason alone I would encourage everyone who can afford a minimum of £1 to buy one of the PPAG Christmas Draw raffle tickets and the Trusts FA Cup draw tickets. Proceeds from both go to help sustain the set up
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 31, 2014, 12:23pm; Reply: 13
A number of ex-Prem players (eg keeper David James) are playing or coaching in India at present.  There is a lot of money and potential in India.  They have around 100 million fans who watch English Premier League matches on Sky.    A new, emerging market.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 31, 2014, 12:36pm; Reply: 14
He's a talented coach so I'm not surprised they would sikh him out.

He'll teach their wingers how to put a good delhivery in the box

I'll stop there
Posted by: acko338, October 31, 2014, 12:43pm; Reply: 15
Who will he caste as our first Indian player - remember Zhang Enhua as one of the first Chinese players?

But, seriously - Our level may be a good chance for them to be seen and progress if any good ??

Don't mock the financial potential of having an Indian based set of fans - loads of money over there - just look at the money thrown at cricket - mind you, they're quite good at that !!

An objections to a rich Indian owner in place ? Proper Pukka pies, perhaps ??

Authentic ruby instead of fish & chips in McMenemy's??
Posted by: Maringer, October 31, 2014, 5:50pm; Reply: 16
I'm sure that the Indians wouldn't accept the abomination that is the Chicken Balti pie! It's just wrong on all levels in my opinion.  :P
Posted by: Tommy, October 31, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 17
Hey, we should employ ***insert ex-GTFC player's name here*** to take his place.  ;)

On a serious note. Congratulations Stu, hope it goes well for him.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 31, 2014, 9:39pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Tommy
Hey, we should employ ***insert ex-GTFC player's name here*** to take his place.  ;)

I understand Alan Lamb is taking over.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 31, 2014, 10:37pm; Reply: 19
excrement happens

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/20/indian-player-dies-somersault
Posted by: moosey_club, November 1, 2014, 12:14am; Reply: 20
is this the same fella whose team just lost to some unheard of part time time outfits youth team?
I heard Newcastle needs some coal and the arabs need some sand.......jammy c**t
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 1, 2014, 11:14am; Reply: 21
Just read what he has to do when he gets there,

He will be the manager but he has no ground, no players,no fan base, nothing,

He has to build a team from scratch,

Best of luck mate, you are going to need it.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 10:59am