Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sonik, October 29, 2014, 7:27pm
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/afc-wimbledon-midfielder-harry-pell-8016868
Posted by: Tommy, October 29, 2014, 7:58pm; Reply: 1
Great signing.

Was the best player on the pitch when at BP for Hereford a couple of years back. Bossed the midfield.

Wonder if we could keep him longer and have Pell, Brown and Clay as a midfield 3.
Posted by: TAGG, October 29, 2014, 9:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Tommy
Great signing.

Was the best player on the pitch when at BP for Hereford a couple of years back. Bossed the midfield.

Wonder if we could keep him longer and have Pell, Brown and Clay as a midfield 3.

So one good performance makes him a great signing does it????
I think I will hold fire until I see what he's about over a few games if he played.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 29, 2014, 9:39pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from TAGG

So one good performance makes him a great signing does it????
I think I will hold fire until I see what he's about over a few games if he played.

I have to agree, he may turn out a very good player but it does make me laugh when supporters bang on about how good a certain player was when he played against us.

Many on here banged on about Mackreth but to be honest he really hasn't pulled up any trees since he signed for us.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 30, 2014, 12:22am; Reply: 4
Well gave Tagg +1 but I always have a lot of respect for Tommy's opinions.
And he was right about Pittman ! :)

Who knows if Pell can recapture his old form (that's generally the feeling ?)
But when I heard Arnold had signed, I said "Great signing !" too after watching him for Alfy on the telly years back.

Who knows what issues Pell has had anyway, he might have had injury niggles along the way.
Let's face facts, with brand new players at the club (e.g. Clay) we're all guessing in the dark to some extent.
That's why I mostly say nowt about new players and wait and see...
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:02pm