Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2014, 11:00am
With Bostock out for the season, what happens if Macca picks up an injury ?

Will the league allow us to get a keeper on loan or will we be in the same boat as Alfreton last night,

Does anybody know the rules  of this league ?

Because I don't.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2014, 11:04am; Reply: 1
We can sign a keeper on loan, in the same way we can sign a holding midfielder on loan. I'm guessing if McKeown got injured in training this would always be the plan anyway, Bastock would only play if JM got injured in the warm up.

Alfreton weren't allowed because of the FA Cup rules (that they didn't read properly).
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 29, 2014, 12:11pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Abdul19
We can sign a keeper on loan, in the same way we can sign a holding midfielder on loan. I'm guessing if McKeown got injured in training this would always be the plan anyway, Bastock would only play if JM got injured in the warm up.

Alfreton weren't allowed because of the FA Cup rules (that they didn't read properly).

We could end up in the same position-say Macca gets injured during or after the Oxford game and it goes to a replay we would not be able to register another goalkeeper for the replay at Oxford.
Methinks we need to find a back up and get them registered for the FA Cup.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 29, 2014, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
I thought we had two youth keeepers
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, October 29, 2014, 12:52pm; Reply: 4
Surely Pearson would just go in net?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2014, 1:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Madeleymariner

We could end up in the same position-say Macca gets injured during or after the Oxford game and it goes to a replay we would not be able to register another goalkeeper for the replay at Oxford.
Methinks we need to find a back up and get them registered for the FA Cup.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised (although if we've got another yt keeper (and we need one now!) maybe we'll just register him?)

Bastock has a squad number on Saturday's programme so I'm guessing the club was aware of this rule (and would be now anyway!)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 6
Maybe we could just register our new goalkeeping coach/scout. 8)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 6:17pm; Reply: 7
Always good to have backup and competition for places.
We've heard it before where Hurst has said words to the same effect regards GK's ?

Think it would be a good idea to sign another (possibly permanently) if we could. (when does Maccas contract run out ?)
But if permanent, is it a luxury and could the money be better spend elsewhere ?
You tell me...

Think Madeley makes a good last point...
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 8
Macca signed a 2 year contract at the start of this season.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 9
Ah great news !
Cheers Pete.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:05pm