Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, October 29, 2014, 7:07am
I wonder who it might be Manny Panther lol.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-boss-ponders-holding-midfielder/story-23655488-detail/story.html[/url]
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2014, 8:10am; Reply: 1
LJL? ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2014, 8:11am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Meza
I wonder who it might be Manny Panther lol.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-boss-ponders-holding-midfielder/story-23655488-detail/story.html[/url]

What the interviewee needs to ask is....Why do you feel you need to go into the loan market? If you believe Carl Magnay is suited to the role then why not play one of the two other fulltime professional right backs that you have signed at right back and let Carl play the holding role?
I believe it is what other coaches and managers call.. "using your squad".
Posted by: psgmariner, October 29, 2014, 8:32am; Reply: 3
Danny Boshell was spotted in Cleethorpes over the weekend....
Posted by: biggles9999, October 29, 2014, 9:21am; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

What the interviewee needs to ask is....Why do you feel you need to go into the loan market? If you believe Carl Magnay is suited to the role then why not play one of the two other fulltime professional right backs that you have signed at right back and let Carl play the holding role?

I'd hazard a guess that the answer would be why would I move my best defender so far this season out of the defensive line.
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2014, 9:53am; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club

I read it as a security should we have any other injuries during the run up to Christmas, the problem with Magnay is that he has set the bar that high others such as Disley and Paddy cannot match unfortunately
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2014, 10:09am; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

This,

If Bignot is not good enough send him out on loan,

Walker might lack experience so this would be an ideal time to give him some playing time,

With Magnay playing in front of the back four he will be able to talk to him and help his progress.
Posted by: oldun, October 29, 2014, 11:26am; Reply: 7
I guess Paul Bignot is yesterday's man. He must really peee'd off
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 29, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 8
Quoted from oldun
I guess Paul Bignot is yesterday's man. He must really peee'd off

He might be pee`d off but the simple answer is he isn't good enough.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 29, 2014, 12:46pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

He might be pee`d off but the simple answer is he isn't good enough.

Have to agree. He's proved himself to be pretty terrible
Posted by: BIGChris, October 29, 2014, 12:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from gtfc98

Have to agree. He's proved himself to be pretty terrible

I think he is a long way off terrible. Magnay is a huge step up but Bignot has had some good games for Town. In particular Huddersfield in the cup and away to Cambridge last season.

I think if we could get a taker he will go out on loan as we have sufficient cover for right back
Posted by: BIGChris, October 29, 2014, 1:40pm; Reply: 11
Radio Humberside reporting a deal has been agreed for a new loan midfielder. no names mentioned (yet)
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, October 29, 2014, 2:03pm; Reply: 12
Harry pell from Wimbledon just got text from club
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 7:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from BIGChris
I think if we could get a taker he will go out on loan as we have sufficient cover for right back

May I ask Chris, why Bignot and not Walker ?
Just wondering what the thinking is...

Quoted from Garth
I read it as a security should we have any other injuries during the run up to Christmas

Me too.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2014, 7:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Garth

I read it as a security should we have any other injuries during the run up to Christmas, the problem with Magnay is that he has set the bar that high others such as Disley and Paddy cannot match unfortunately

We currently have one injured player...one!!!  yet he needs to run out and get a loan....what does that tell you about the overall quality, depth and building of the squad? ...loanee number 4 and its still October.

Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 7:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club

We currently have one injured player...one!!!  yet he needs to run out and get a loan....what does that tell you about the overall quality, depth and building of the squad? ...loanee number 4 and its still October.

Well Hurst said:
“And once you get to the end of November you are a little bit limited, because you can’t bring anyone in.”

So guess it's simply planning for the "unexpected" (plus a bit of defensive midfield cover) until Brown's return.
If he does nothing and injuries strike, he'd be guilty of leaving things to chance.

I guess we haven't got too much cash to offer permanent contracts (hope I'm wrong !)
But "try before you buy" is always a decent idea IMO.

The way I see the whole recruitment drive is Hurst is slowly shaping his squad and managing the pursestrings well.
I wouldn't at all be suprised to see another signing or 2 in the future...

For me it's a case of "Just so long as we get there in the end"..
Posted by: immariner, October 29, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

I think he is a long way off terrible. Magnay is a huge step up but Bignot has had some good games for Town. In particular Huddersfield in the cup and away to Cambridge last season.

I mentioned Bignot earlier in the season and why he wasn't going out on loan and I got a bit slated for it. He needs game time if he's going to be a useful player later in the season and we will need him at some point I expect.
Posted by: Maringer, October 29, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

We're allowed, what, 12 short term loans in a season? We've played over a third of the League games so far this season and have now used a third of our loans. Seems reasonable enough to me?
Posted by: mariner91, October 29, 2014, 8:34pm; Reply: 18
Guess this new midfielder means Paddy won't be featuring much from now on.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2014, 9:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer

We're allowed, what, 12 short term loans in a season? We've played over a third of the League games so far this season and have now used a third of our loans. Seems reasonable enough to me?

And, getting way ahead of myself, if he signed until the end of the season in January we'd get the short term loan back. (I think)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:23pm