Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, October 28, 2014, 9:19pm
Such a shame about Alfretons predicament and a bit harsh from the FA not to allow another keeper.   They are losing 3-0, 2 x freekicks and a penalty and Alfreton down to ten men.
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), October 28, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Meza
Such a shame about Alfretons predicament and a bit harsh from the FA not to allow another keeper.   They are losing 3-0, 2 x freekicks and a penalty and Alfreton down to ten men.

Been really busy so not up to speed on this.... How many keepers have alfreton got on their books? Sorry if this has been gone over.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 28, 2014, 9:54pm; Reply: 2
They don't have one salford !
Guess partly why a few of us got on Lincoln in the "Gamblers" thread...

Won't post the link out of shame but I'm looking at the lineups on the IMPS Wall...  :B
Scroll down teamsheet photo is there, Anthony Howell was in goal - presumably an outfield player...
FT Gimps 5 Alfreton 1.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 28, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 120797

Won't post the link out of shame but I'm looking at the lineups on the IMPS Wall...  :B
Scroll down teamsheet photo is there, Anthony Howell was in goal - presumably an outfield player...
FT Gimps 5 Alfreton 1.

Howell usually plays centre-mid.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 28, 2014, 10:05pm; Reply: 4
Cheers Les, you're a football encyclopedia !  :)
Posted by: LH, October 28, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 5
Where did Lincoln get the money to pay the FA off to get through to round one?
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), October 28, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 120797

FT Gimps 5 Alfreton 1.

Yeah cheers. Was wondering if they had a few gk injuries or if they gambled this season and only had one on the books.

Posted by: Abdul19, October 28, 2014, 10:23pm; Reply: 7
If someone at the club had a brain they'd have registered the youth team keeper before Saturday (I didn't know the youth keeper would need registering separately, but I don't work for a semi-pro football club!)
Posted by: Meza, October 28, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 8
Apparently Bradders got the goal for Alfreton that will be one of the easiest games the gimps will play this season.  Looking forward to them getting a hiding at Eastleigh....oh no we need the money, so as it stands they'll lose 120k by the end of the season and even though they will be losing money their chairman gives more money he hasn't got.  Now call me stupid but aint that spending beyond your means in the wake of hoping for a good cup run the bring in that extra cash.
Posted by: gaz57, October 29, 2014, 12:03am; Reply: 9
Taking account of the circumstances that was a poor result for the imps.
Posted by: biggles9999, October 29, 2014, 9:20am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
If someone at the club had a brain they'd have registered the youth team keeper before Saturday (I didn't know the youth keeper would need registering separately, but I don't work for a semi-pro football club!)

Like you I dont know the full ins and outs but I thought that players under a certain age (21?) didnt have to be registered for the first team and they were allowed to step up whenever ready.
Posted by: oldun, October 29, 2014, 11:30am; Reply: 11
You would think the FA would be interested in games being on equal terms for their flagship competition and apply rules accordingly.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 29, 2014, 11:43am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Meza
Apparently Bradders got the goal for Alfreton that will be one of the easiest games the gimps will play this season.  Looking forward to them getting a hiding at Eastleigh....oh no we need the money, so as it stands they'll lose 120k by the end of the season and even though they will be losing money their chairman gives more money he hasn't got.  Now call me stupid but aint that spending beyond your means in the wake of hoping for a good cup run the bring in that extra cash.

Woooosh
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 4:10am