Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 27, 2014, 3:07pm
What a great idea ! :)

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/mariners-to-release-official-sticker-album-2043566.aspx

Good thinking to include extra free stickers in programme sales too, I'll be buying one v Dartford.
Posted by: maxfox44, October 27, 2014, 3:26pm; Reply: 1
I can see the rush now....to get the first foil Shaun Pearson.   LOL
Posted by: Tommy, October 27, 2014, 3:46pm; Reply: 2
The key question here is, will there be "shiny's" ?

Seriously, great idea though.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 27, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 3
Fantastic idea, especially for the exiled mariners to be able to order them as well. It will be great for younger generation town fans to put faces  to names that they have heard banded about from year to year as being the 'greats'.
Hope they include the likes of mendonca waters ford drinkell glover tees etc, will be interesting to see who the selected ones will be.
One question though, how many swapsies of Ross Hannah would it take to get a Clive mendonca?  :)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 27, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 4
Great idea, just a shame it's just 60 stickers, I would of done something for notable seasons i.e. promotion team players / managers, and the season we was in the top flight etc.

Also a few pages dedicated to our different football strips through the years?  Team season photos for each year?

More stickers, more income.
Posted by: prestonmariner, October 27, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 5
Agree with all the comments so far, great idea by the club & good to see they're going out the way to do a little extra for the fans. UTM
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 27, 2014, 7:35pm; Reply: 6
The club needs to get a load of new decent car stickers made up . Great advertising and cheap .they used to have a good selection but only have the big crest sticker now that's a bit boring .  Maybe something the trust could organise ?
Posted by: JMT, October 27, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 7
The hunt for LJL begins...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 27, 2014, 8:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The club needs to get a load of new decent car stickers made up . Great advertising and cheap .they used to have a good selection but only have the big crest sticker now that's a bit boring .  Maybe something the trust could organise ?

I said it at the start of last season, that exiled fans could maybe get a free "exiled mariner" car sticker when purchasing the home/away kit or similar.
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 28, 2014, 11:14pm; Reply: 9
might be 60 this year to see the interest ......if gos well nxt years might included cummings and wainman ,,,,,,,,happy days
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 28, 2014, 11:18pm; Reply: 10
Hell if goes well the greats section could included a bit of history ......lets educate the youngr fan..........and running with things ....why not a couple of stickers of classic old town songs..........bring the youth to the history..........sorry had a drink lol  
Posted by: JMT, October 29, 2014, 6:47pm; Reply: 11
Anyone actually pick one up today then?!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 6:58pm; Reply: 12
Few piccies on facebook, one very happy little girl !
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGrimsbyTown

Got my Telewag voucher tonight.
Says at the bottom - "while stocks last".

I'm worried they'll all be gone come Sat !
Hopefully I can pick one up "from our official e-shop this week"
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, October 29, 2014, 8:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 120797
Few piccies on facebook, one very happy little girl !
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGrimsbyTown

Got my Telewag voucher tonight.
Says at the bottom - "while stocks last".

I'm worried they'll all be gone come Sat !
Hopefully I can pick one up "from our official e-shop this week"

There were huge boxes of them when I went today, so you should be fine. Overall it's a quality item and I can't wait to collect them all.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 8:02pm; Reply: 14
Great stuff, thanks for that ! :)
I'm excited to collect them too - still a big kid at heart..
Posted by: barralad, October 29, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 15
We'll need to arrange a Fishy meet up for swapsies!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 29, 2014, 11:59pm; Reply: 16
Sure it's not simply a cunning ploy to snap up a few trust memberships ? ;)
Well actually, (if you ask me), why not try !?  :)
Speaking of which have to admit barra, I've been feeling slightly guilty ever since you mentioned me not renewing my trust membership.
Was gonna give a long spiel about "can barely afford to attend matches these days" (which is true to some extent)
But then remembered I'd just spent a tenner on "Pontoon Buster" so thought I should do the right thing.
I could do without the hassle and expense of Xmas shopping I can tell you...

Swapsies sounds a great idea !
But you know me barra, just personally I prefer to try to remain as anonymous as possible.
I'm not a Grimbarian anyway...
Grandad played for Town many years ago and family lived in Grimsby but I never have.
So while I'm a lifelong fan, I'm not really a proper Town fan (if you know what I mean...)
Perhaps this partly explains why I've never really "integrated" with my fellow Mariners.
Or probably just cos I'm a longwinded pain up the bottom ! ;)
Posted by: GyMariner, October 30, 2014, 11:27pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 120797
Sure it's not simply a cunning ploy to snap up a few trust memberships ? ;)
Well actually, (if you ask me), why not try !?  :)
Speaking of which have to admit barra, I've been feeling slightly guilty ever since you mentioned me not renewing my trust membership.
Was gonna give a long spiel about "can barely afford to attend matches these days" (which is true to some extent)
But then remembered I'd just spent a tenner on "Pontoon Buster" so thought I should do the right thing.
I could do without the hassle and expense of Xmas shopping I can tell you...

Swapsies sounds a great idea !
But you know me barra, just personally I prefer to try to remain as anonymous as possible.
I'm not a Grimbarian anyway...
Grandad played for Town many years ago and family lived in Grimsby but I never have.
So while I'm a lifelong fan, I'm not really a proper Town fan (if you know what I mean...)
Perhaps this partly explains why I've never really "integrated" with my fellow Mariners.

You seemed a very decent bloke to me ;)

Posted by: BPMariner, October 30, 2014, 11:57pm; Reply: 18
I think this is a fantastic idea. I hear it was the guy who used to write sing when your fishings brainchild. Can't remember his name?
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, October 31, 2014, 11:03pm; Reply: 19
My mother thought I was taking the p1ss when I asked her if she would send me a sticker album, she said "How old are you,I thought you were 48 not 8" Back into child mode I replied "But its all Town players, a sticker book of Grimsby Town players". I think this may come back to haunt me judging by the prolonged laughter down the other end of the phoned line!

Fantastic idea, liked previously stated it is maybe a tester to see what the interest is - but it would be great to see old Town strips and successful season teams included plus previous managers/captains etc.

UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 1, 2014, 7:09am; Reply: 20
Quoted from BPMariner
I think this is a fantastic idea. I hear it was the guy who used to write sing when your fishings brainchild. Can't remember his name?

I was told that it was the idea of Steve Wraith, although whether he was blowing his own trumpet, I'm not sure.  ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, November 1, 2014, 7:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

I was told that it was the idea of Steve Wraith, although whether he was blowing his own trumpet, I'm not sure.  ;)

Sort of.

Wraithy had the idea for 2 sticker albums the first for famous gypsies and the other for hairstyles through the ages.
He didn't get much support but Jack Johnson at the club thought it through and came up with the GTFC sticker idea
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 1, 2014, 9:28am; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris

Sort of.

Wraithy had the idea for 2 sticker albums the first for famous gypsies and the other for hairstyles through the ages.
He didn't get much support but Jack Johnson at the club thought it through and came up with the GTFC sticker idea

Surely there would only be 1 sticker in that book though!   :)

Posted by: wigworld, November 1, 2014, 10:11am; Reply: 23
Quoted from 120797

Surely no-one would ever think that?

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 1, 2014, 12:24pm; Reply: 24
So I need one, but not sure hand I can next get up to BP. Can anyone help?
Posted by: rancido, November 1, 2014, 12:39pm; Reply: 25
Providing this proves successful ( and I think it will ) then it could run each season with a different theme each time. As previously suggested it could have a series of different strips which could include top goal scorers. Or maybe a series of outstanding defenders. The potential could be really good for the club.
Posted by: barralad, November 1, 2014, 1:42pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

Sort of.

Jack Johnson has been a real breath of fresh air since his arrival at the club. I'm pretty sure he's the driving force behind the excellent videos as well...
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 1, 2014, 2:58pm; Reply: 27
Just been to ticket office.  Stickers all sold out, more on Monday.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 1, 2014, 8:49pm; Reply: 28
Was that big queue outside the club shop after the final whistle for stickers ?
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, November 1, 2014, 9:08pm; Reply: 29
A guy called Jim Connor came up with the idea and put it to the club.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 1, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner
My mother thought I was taking the p1ss when I asked her if she would send me a sticker album, she said "How old are you,I thought you were 48 not 8" Back into child mode I replied "But its all Town players, a sticker book of Grimsby Town players". I think this may come back to haunt me judging by the prolonged laughter down the other end of the phoned line!
UTM

You can divorce parents you know.....and just remind her who will be selecting her care home in a few years...see if she is laughing then  ;)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 1, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Just been to ticket office.  Stickers all sold out, more on Monday.
Quoted from 120797
Was that big queue outside the club shop after the final whistle for stickers ?
I think a fair few would be getting their FA Cup tickets as well, was abit too busy, i'll book mine on the phone on Monday.

They said on the tanoy while the match was playing that they had found another box of stickers.

Oh yeah, my album came with 4 free stickers, Paul Bignot, Callum Bastock, Ellis Humble and Lewis Bemrose.  :P
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 1, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 32
Couple of pics of the album.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OEEKSpf.jpg[/img]  [img]http://i.imgur.com/B6mpPDA.jpg[/img]
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), November 1, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
They said on the tanoy while the match was playing that they had found another box of stickers.

I can barely hear what the tanoy says tbh.  

Posted by: lobsterpot, November 2, 2014, 6:31am; Reply: 34
Quoted from BIGChris

Sort of.

Ah so Jack Johnson does actually do something at the club then? ;) I've never known 1 person tell various people he's gonna call them back as much as said person and then never do it. Totally off topic so i must say, smashing stickers chaps!
Posted by: mariner83, November 2, 2014, 7:09am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

If you don't live in NE Lincs you can order one.

[url=http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Sticker-Book-208.html]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Sticker-Book-208.html[/url]

Posted by: Happy_Mariner, November 2, 2014, 7:36am; Reply: 36
Quoted from mariner83

If you don't live in NE Lincs you can order one.

[url=http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Sticker-Book-208.html]http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Sticker-Book-208.html[/url]

Can stickers be ordered through the website too? Couldn't see them on there.
Posted by: Grimal, November 2, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

If you havn't got fixed up I will collect one for you,I can drop it off in Heckington in a couple of weeks when I visit my Brother. Let me know mate.

Posted by: BottesfordMariner, January 29, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 38
Have i missed something?

The Town website says fans can complete their sticker albums with this weekends match v Telford.

I have bought every Town programme since they included the 4 stickers in them starting with Dartford in November which I am sure was the first programme to have them.

at the last count i still need 20 stickers to complete my album??

Is this aimed at fans who have been buying packets of stickers. i presume stickers will still be in the next 5 programmes.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 29, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Have i missed something?

The Town website says fans can complete their sticker albums with this weekends match v Telford.

I have bought every Town programme since they included the 4 stickers in them starting with Dartford in November which I am sure was the first programme to have them.

Is this aimed at fans who have been buying packets of stickers. i presume stickers will still be in the next 5 programmes.

Its age old marketing....release a limited collectable set....secretly dont print or release all the set to keep people buying in desperate hope of completing and then eventually announce final release creating final interest and sales...i have two books and all the programmes since release but have not put a single sticker in yet so no idea how short of a set i am.
Posted by: tintowner, January 29, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
Have i missed something?

This!                    Exactly the same scenario here......this could kick off big time on Saturday  ;)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:57pm