Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 21, 2014, 9:54pm
Won 3-0. Their leads is stretched.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 21, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 1
Have to admit they are looking very good and very consistent right now. They seem to be scoring goals for fun with a defence just as mean as ours. Whilst the positive fans will cry out saying plenty of games left yet etc to catch them but seriously I think they are the real deal. Am afraid from my naivety I don't know many of their players so didn't appreciate what a threat they were. Nothing but praise for them right now.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 21, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 2
I know that crowds win you nothing but 1074 tonight is awful.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 21, 2014, 10:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
I know that crowds win you nothing but 1074 tonight is awful.

Especially when you have a catchment area of  10 million
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 21, 2014, 11:07pm; Reply: 4
When i see this thread I was really hoping to read that they had been deducted 30 points.  :o
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 21, 2014, 11:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cmackenzie4
When i see this thread I was really hoping to read that they had been deducted 30 points.  :o

Don't worry, there's still 28/29 games to go.
Posted by: Belfast Town, October 22, 2014, 7:27am; Reply: 6
Didn't Cambridge have a similarly impressive start last season, only to be caught by Luton who had a similar start to the one we're experiencing?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 22, 2014, 7:38am; Reply: 7
Barnet are dispatching the also rans, unlike us at the moment but i think they have had a relatively easy fixture list to date, he says hopefully.

Good lead but not yet out of site, again hopefully. They did have a bit of a slip a few weeks ago when we had some very winnable games and we didn't take advantage. Let's hope we do next time. Plus we always seem to beat them.

Have i convinced myself yet?  :-/
Posted by: oldun, October 22, 2014, 8:53am; Reply: 8
They finished last season strongly and have built on those results this time out. However, they will have a sticky patch at some stage in the season and others will put a run together, just hope it is us.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 22, 2014, 9:11am; Reply: 9
They have got to play us twice yet.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 22, 2014, 10:18am; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

Pete this is very true and some would say if we can beat them twice............ But on the flip side what if they turn us over ? All of a sudden 9 points would become 15. We cannot hop or rely on our results against them it will take much more than that for their wheels to come off and they are picking up all the easy points available.
Posted by: Garth, October 22, 2014, 10:23am; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

Too right and its up to us to take the six points and close the gap, we are capable of doing that as the last two results have shown and IMO we will need to do it because although they may hit a sticky patch through injuries etc,  they will not become a bad team over night
Posted by: Perkins, October 22, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 12
Agree that Barnet have not had a problem with injuries so far, a problem that nearly all clubs have at some point during the season, but they do seem to be consistent with their results and are up there on merit. They may not be top at the end of the season, but i,m certain we won't be either. Our indifferent start will probably come back to haunt us, although i accept injuries have played a part in that. For me, i think the best we can hope for is a play off place once again.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 22, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 13
Quoted from northbankmariner

Pete this is very true and some would say if we can beat them twice............ But on the flip side what if they turn us over ? All of a sudden 9 points would become 15. We cannot hop or rely on our results against them it will take much more than that for their wheels to come off and they are picking up all the easy points available.

All teams have a sticky patch during the long season Jeff,

Lets hope ours is behind us and we take advantage when they have theirs.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, October 22, 2014, 12:09pm; Reply: 14
Sod barnet we're town let's smash them utm
Posted by: thevera, October 22, 2014, 12:22pm; Reply: 15
There are 7 games in November for us and 6 for them and I know it's not grass but on paper we have it much easier and I believe the gap if there still is one could well be minimal
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 22, 2014, 2:14pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

All teams have a sticky patch during the long season Jeff,

Lets hope ours is behind us and we take advantage when they have theirs.

Pete, I just love your enthusiasm and optimism, perhaps you should party a bit more with our inspirational manager and see if some of it can rub off on him  ;) hope you prove right buddy.
Posted by: Rick12, October 23, 2014, 12:33pm; Reply: 17
Surprised me this season.To be fair to Allen did come across well in interview when I saw him on BT Sport about a month back. Honest and expected a lot from his team I felt
Posted by: psgmariner, October 23, 2014, 12:45pm; Reply: 18
Fighting talk from Allen:

At times it is not going to go right. At times it is going to be testing and at times it is not going to be easy. The crowd have to be patient, I have to be patient and the players have to be patient. Every team that comes here now is playing in a cup final against a team that are top of the league.

Full article below

http://www.barnetfc.com/news/article/martin-we-have-got-a-fantastic-group-2033909.aspx
Posted by: BIGChris, October 23, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 19
Martin Allen is a good manager BUT has a tendency to 'lose it' at times.

He isnt nicknamed mad dog for no reason. A training ground fight, a fall out with the board, are more likely than not at some time during the season. its how the team handle it when it comes
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 8:53am