Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 20, 2014, 2:31pm
Bit of a blow, he's done well
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 20, 2014, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
#ouch
Posted by: Maringer, October 20, 2014, 2:40pm; Reply: 2
sodomist.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, October 20, 2014, 2:46pm; Reply: 3
Inevitable really, the guy has been outstanding for us.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 20, 2014, 2:51pm; Reply: 4
With him gone and Brown injured (hopefully not for long), we are not having much luck with continuity in the side. Get a coupe back and lose a couple.  :-/
Posted by: Abdul19, October 20, 2014, 3:04pm; Reply: 5
No surprise. Came for a month to get fit and has done. Wilcox will want to look at him, especially with them playing so poorly at the moment.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 20, 2014, 3:08pm; Reply: 6
bit of a shitty day today isnt it!! that is a second big blow, think hes been excellent for us
Posted by: Garth, October 20, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 7
Comes in threes whats next,  PH needs to get on his bike for a replacement me thinks
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 20, 2014, 3:53pm; Reply: 8
These are the problems you encounter when you rely on loan signings. Hopefully it won't affect us as badly as it did when Boyce went back to Scunthorpe.
Posted by: denni266, October 20, 2014, 4:09pm; Reply: 9
If we have lost him  aswell as brown it will affect us badly end off am afraid
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 20, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 10
Get on the phone PH.................................We need at least two players....................No rush, as long as it is before the next league match.
Posted by: denni266, October 20, 2014, 5:25pm; Reply: 11
With  hursts reacord its a good job we dont need to find a striker  ??)
Posted by: Tinymariner, October 20, 2014, 5:37pm; Reply: 12
Give Robins a call and try to get Boyce back!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 20, 2014, 5:41pm; Reply: 13
Inevitable really, shame though, I think Paul will get another decent replacement in soon, no need to panic!
Posted by: acko338, October 20, 2014, 5:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Chrisblor
These are the problems you encounter when you rely on loan signings. Hopefully it won't affect us as badly as it did when Boyce went back to Scunthorpe.

Or when Pond returned to Fleetwood ?

We seem to send back improved and wanted players !

Posted by: BIGChris, October 20, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 15
Defensive / holding midfielder required?

Not sure if he is injured but Alan Goodhall didn't start for Morecambe on Saturday?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 20, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from acko338

Or when Pond returned to Fleetwood ?

We seem to send back improved and wanted players !

But as someone famous once said, for every Nathan Pond there's probably 10 Martin McIntosh's.
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 20, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19

But as someone famous once said, for every Nathan Pond there's probably 10 Martin McIntosh's.

Most of the time we get players coming back from injury from the higher leagues, its just one of those things , beggers can't be choosers and all that, however, the good news is Hurst knows how to pick out a defender (most of the time)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 20, 2014, 6:07pm; Reply: 18
Is there a chance he is going back when we wouldn't be allowed to play him anyway, but Wilcox can have a good look at him, whilst not actually affecting our league games, only for his parent club to let us have him back in a couple of weeks?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 20, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 19
Most of us have moaned about Hurst not getting a striker in,

BUT

He has a very record of getting some very good defenders in,

In Paul we trust. 8)
Posted by: fiveallive, October 20, 2014, 8:24pm; Reply: 20
Its also a shame he has gone back seems to be the same situation we had with Pond a new manager comes in and wants to see the full squad happened also with Damien McCrory aswell. We could try Magnay in the league in the holding role he's done well in every other position he's played in, we also have Bignot and Walker at RB. I would also like to try Venney in midfield on Saturday throw him in the FA Cup he's meant to be tough boy i think he handle it.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 20, 2014, 8:37pm; Reply: 21
Where a bit stocked at CB with Pearson, Nsiala, Doig also Humble and Magnay can also cover there so i don't know about getting Boyce back. We could do with a another utility player like a Parslow, Goodall and Naylor that we have had over the last few seasons.

I was going to mention Max Porter would of been a great loan for that holding role one of the best holding players i remember in the league but he's got a bad groin injury that means he's got to be on specialized training regime for the rest of his career maybe a month loan with Brown injured but don't think he would be able to play multiple games shame really.
Posted by: Belfast Town, October 20, 2014, 8:41pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Is there a chance he is going back when we wouldn't be allowed to play him anyway, but Wilcox can have a good look at him, whilst not actually affecting our league games, only for his parent club to let us have him back in a couple of weeks?

I would imagine that this could well be the case.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 20, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 23
Parslow has been excellent - hardly notice him which is a sign of someone doing his job

Think he might be back once Wilcox takes a look and gets his thinking together re: his squad

Brown should have a couple of weeks to get fit - FA Cup not vital and we should have enough in midfield to cope

Hurst will move quickly to get a defender in - they are easier to find than top notch strikers
Posted by: davmariner, October 22, 2014, 12:10am; Reply: 24
Parslow didn't want to come back apparently - rather than being recalled. Wants to fight for his place under the new manager.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 22, 2014, 7:24am; Reply: 25
He was an unused sub in York's 1-1 draw at Morecambe last night. Michael Coulson scored Yorks goal.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 22, 2014, 10:17am; Reply: 26
The 94th minute equaliser was their right back's fault (yet again!) so Wilcox may well give him a start on Saturday.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:58pm