Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinernige, October 20, 2014, 11:08am
Seems like Scott's got a foot injury,just seen picture off him on crutches ,Big blow
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 20, 2014, 11:19am; Reply: 1
Quoted from marinernige
Seems like Scott's got a foot injury,just seen picture off him on crutches ,Big blow

Broken foot apparantley.

Massive blow to us if its a long term injury.
Posted by: marinernige, October 20, 2014, 11:26am; Reply: 2
Probably six weeks.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 20, 2014, 11:33am; Reply: 3
oh flipping intercourse intercourse! that is a blow! howeveer if we can get clay back fit ( and by all accounts dis is back to form) and paddy in reserve, we should be okay!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 20, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
oh flipping intercourse intercourse! that is a blow! howeveer if we can get clay back fit ( and by all accounts dis is back to form) and paddy in reserve, we should be okay!

I understand your point but i dont think any of them can do what brown does, he is everywere and his energy to the team will be missed badly.

He does a bit of everything and this is a big blow .
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 20, 2014, 11:39am; Reply: 5
Could do with keeping Parslow for a bit longer
Posted by: RoboCod, October 20, 2014, 11:46am; Reply: 6
Parslow situation looks hopeful. I'm sure Wilcox would possibly prefer taking a look at him after another month of getting fit here at Town.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 20, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I understand your point but i dont think any of them can do what brown does, he is everywere and his energy to the team will be missed badly.

He does a bit of everything and this is a big blow .

yeah i agree, big blow, he is something we will badly miss, but We willl have to dig in and try adapt without him until hes back
Posted by: horsforthmariner, October 20, 2014, 11:49am; Reply: 8
This is rubbish news. I really like Brown.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, October 20, 2014, 11:54am; Reply: 9
Gutted
Posted by: Maringer, October 20, 2014, 11:58am; Reply: 10
The Telewag is saying they are awaiting the results of a scan. Hopefully it will just be bruising and not anything more serious.

When I was a kid, I remember one of my teammates got a kick on the top of his foot. Had to cut his laces to get the boot off because his foot had become so swollen and we were sure it was going to be a break. However, it turned out to be nothing more than bruising and he was fine a week or so later.

Fingers-crossed for a similar situation with Brown!
Posted by: The_Chief, October 20, 2014, 1:27pm; Reply: 11
I wish him a speedy recovery.  His industry and endeavour will be sorely missed in midfield.
Posted by: Garth, October 20, 2014, 1:43pm; Reply: 12
Hang on a minute Jonnyboy says its broken,

Marinernige says 6 weeks out,

But Maringer says it could be just bruised

Do we really know how serious it is, over to you Dave Moore
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 20, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 13
Where is FFS! when you need him / her?
Posted by: FFS, October 20, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 14
FFS
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 20, 2014, 5:12pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from FFS
FFS

Agreed
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 20, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Broken foot apparantley.

Massive blow to us if its a long term injury.
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Where is FFS! when you need him / her?
Quoted from FFS
FFS
Boom! Always on time. (tick)
Posted by: Barrattstander, October 20, 2014, 6:27pm; Reply: 17
He's just tweeted that it's not broken. Probably ligament damage.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 20, 2014, 6:33pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Barrattstander
He's just tweeted that it's not broken. Probably ligament damage.

Ligaments can be worse.. :-/

Posted by: BIGChris, October 20, 2014, 6:35pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from moosey_club

Ligaments can be worse.. :-/

Not normally a major injury in the foot. If it were ankle/knee then that would have been worse imo
Posted by: newfootballer, October 21, 2014, 9:54am; Reply: 20
I really rate Scot Brown, and if he is injured badly we will really miss him out on the pitch.

I will in fact say that he would have got into the Laurie Mac 71/72 fourth division Championship promotion team I really think he will be a big loss indeed at a critical time for G. T.F.C.

Dave Boylen
Ambassador
G.T.F.C.

Posted by: tashee69, October 21, 2014, 10:02am; Reply: 21
Quoted from RoboCod
Parslow situation looks hopeful. I'm sure Wilcox would possibly prefer taking a look at him after another month of getting fit here at Town.

Can you give me 44 numbers for the lottery so I can go on the remaining 6  ;D
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 21, 2014, 10:27am; Reply: 22
Quoted from newfootballer
I really rate Scot Brown, and if he is injured badly we will really miss him out on the pitch.

I will in fact say that he would have got into the Laurie Mac 71/72 fourth division Championship promotion team I really think he will be a big loss indeed at a critical time for G. T.F.C.

Dave Boylen
Ambassador
G.T.F.C.

From the first game I saw him, I haven't been able to understand why he isn't a football league player. We've had players in league one that weren't fit to tie his shoelaces. It isn't like Scott is a kid, he's 29. I suppose players progress at different rates sometimes but surely anybody with eyes could see the ability he has? He could cope in league one, he'd stand out in league 2.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 21, 2014, 10:48am; Reply: 23
Quoted from tashee69

Can you give me 44 numbers for the lottery so I can go on the remaining 6  ;D

This is why I never predict Town to win :B
Posted by: oldun, October 21, 2014, 1:53pm; Reply: 24
I really hope it is not a long term injury as that could seriously affect our results. At least there is a couple of weeks free of league action and if Clay gets fit we should co one against Dartford. Anyway, get fit soon Scott.
Posted by: tarka, October 21, 2014, 2:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from newfootballer
I will in fact say that he would have got into the Laurie Mac 71/72 fourth division Championship promotion team

In your place Dave?  ;)

Posted by: oldludensian, October 21, 2014, 3:04pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Maringer
The Telewag is saying they are awaiting the results of a scan. Hopefully it will just be bruising and not anything more serious.

When I was a kid, I remember one of my teammates got a kick on the top of his foot. Had to cut his laces to get the boot off because his foot had become so swollen and we were sure it was going to be a break. However, it turned out to be nothing more than bruising and he was fine a week or so later.

Fingers-crossed for a similar situation with Brown!

Having to cut your best pair of boots off as a kid - aarrgghh  ??) ??) ??) ??)
Posted by: Maringer, October 21, 2014, 3:09pm; Reply: 27
I think it was just the laces, not the boot itself.

I don't remember if my friend subsquently had shockingly mismatching laces or not. In those days, anything bright or flashy in the boot area meant you were just asking for a kicking!
Posted by: mariner91, October 21, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Maringer
I think it was just the laces, not the boot itself.

I don't remember if my friend subsquently had shockingly mismatching laces or not. In those days, anything bright or flashy in the boot area meant you were just asking for a kicking!

Still means the same now in my opinion.
Posted by: oldun, October 21, 2014, 4:03pm; Reply: 29
I blame the stupid luminous slippers they wear nowadays. Never heard of broken metatarsals back in my day!! In fact we had never heard of unbroken ones either.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 21, 2014, 4:32pm; Reply: 30
He's out for 'up to a month'. Could be worse I suppose - at least we haven't got a league match this weekend.
Posted by: GyMariner, October 21, 2014, 5:19pm; Reply: 31
We haven't got a league match in about 2weeks have we? Since the Torquay game. Not as bad as first thought then!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:51am