Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 20, 2014, 10:30am
Gone back to barnsley.

Good luck to him but lets hope paul can bring in some one with a bit more quality.

Struggled for fitness.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 20, 2014, 10:35am; Reply: 1
Hmm. That was a bit of a waste of a loan wasn't it.

Scored an important goal for us though so best of luck to him.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 20, 2014, 12:12pm; Reply: 2
I know he's been playing Academy football but it is ridiculous that a 19 year old lad is that unfit to be honest.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 20, 2014, 12:32pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from psgmariner

Don't think there's any limit on that sort of loan.

Agree with Vicar though, he looked about as fit as me!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 20, 2014, 12:37pm; Reply: 4
Presumably he was watched. Seems odd the club didn't know he wasn't fit before he came doesn't it?

Now what? Another one? Or are we saving the money in case Brown is out?
Posted by: rancido, October 20, 2014, 1:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from psgmariner

Scored an important goal for us though so best of luck to him.

I thought he was brought in to help cover for the injuries we had. I don't think he was intended to be an automatic start and certainly never going to be permanent. Building these kind of contacts with clubs higher up the pyramid can only be a good thing and it could lead to better players being made available to us.
Posted by: Garth, October 20, 2014, 1:53pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from rancido

I thought he was brought in to help cover for the injuries we had. I don't think he was intended to be an automatic start and certainly never going to be permanent. Building these kind of contacts with clubs higher up the pyramid can only be a good thing and it could lead to better players being made available to us.

Agree its good for future contacts, and TBF to Oates he did put a shift in when required and scored an important goal, our next loan move could be soon
Posted by: ginnywings, October 20, 2014, 2:46pm; Reply: 7
Makes perfect sense for him to go back. He was brought in when we needed an extra striker at short notice after LJL and Pittman both got injured in the same game. Wasn't a wasted loan IMO and he did score a very good and important goal when we were short of striker options.

Now all the forwards are fit or near to fitness in Pittmans case, he wouldn't even get on the bench.

Good luck to the lad and may be one for the future. He looks a good prospect.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 20, 2014, 3:11pm; Reply: 8
would like to see a striker come in which shows real intent and proves we mean business..

we have again gone on a decent run and a proven striker would show me and the rest of the fans we are really going for it.

come on fenty get that chequebook out, young players like rhys might be ok in the short term but it needs to be a longer maybe permanent signing that is better for us to get promotion.

lenny has all of a sudden been morphed into benteke but if it dries up or pittman gets injured again we need quality to step in.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 20, 2014, 3:15pm; Reply: 9
Isn't that what PH has been trying to do since May?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 20, 2014, 3:18pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
Isn't that what PH has been trying to do since May?

yes but why oh why have we not got a quality striker in ?

its alright relying on loans which are a gamble when they have no experience of first team football at our level.

and I don't want to hear the right one isn't available , they are but they cost more than a yt from another club.
Posted by: Garth, October 20, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 11
Holmans available for loan from Colchester, if he`s OK sign him in the January window, or what about Clayton from Alfreton
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 20, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Garth
Holmans available for loan from Colchester, if he`s OK sign him in the January window, or what about Clayton from Alfreton

I'd say right now a right back is a more pressing concern. We have four fit strikers now - who knows for how long but we're okay in that department. Bignot isn't up to it IMO, is Paul Walker ready? The game on Saturday against the dog and duck is a good one to ease him in.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 20, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
Wasn't a wasted loan IMO and he did score a very good and important goal when we were short of striker options.

Well said !
I liked his running and directness, I just hope we can get a similar type of wonder kid but better.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 20, 2014, 8:39pm; Reply: 14
If he ever gets himself fit he could be a real handful but seeing him blowing he looked like he smoked about 100 fags a day.
Posted by: mike502, October 20, 2014, 9:12pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

Don't think there's any limit on that sort of loan.

There's a limit of 12 short-term loans per season.  I'd suggest that if we get close to that number, it's not a good sign...
Posted by: Abdul19, October 20, 2014, 9:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mike502

There's a limit of 12 short-term loans per season.  I'd suggest that if we get close to that number, it's not a good sign...

Good stuff, ta.

For the second sentence, I suppose it depends how good they are!
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 21, 2014, 7:28am; Reply: 17
Quoted from 75

I'd say right now a right back is a more pressing concern. We have four fit strikers now - who knows for how long but we're okay in that department. Bignot isn't up to it IMO, is Paul Walker ready? The game on Saturday against the dog and duck is a good one to ease him in.

Surely Magnay is nailed on for the right back slot?  

Walker is still learning and whilst I'm not a big fan Bignot is ok for cover.

I'd be disappointed if we brought another right back in when we've already 3 in the building and Toto who can play there too.

Bringing Boyce back, now you're talking.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 21, 2014, 10:35am; Reply: 18
Quoted from mike502

Parslow, Boyce, Oates (anymore,my head hurts?) already....and a fourth is likely i suspect and we arent out of October yet.
Posted by: rancido, October 21, 2014, 10:43am; Reply: 19
Quoted from jonnyboy82
would like to see a striker come in which shows real intent and proves we mean business..

we have again gone on a decent run and a proven striker would show me and the rest of the fans we are really going for it.

come on fenty get that chequebook out, young players like rhys might be ok in the short term but it needs to be a longer maybe permanent signing that is better for us to get promotion.

lenny has all of a sudden been morphed into benteke but if it dries up or pittman gets injured again we need quality to step in.

How is your bank balance doing?
I thought the idea was not to rely on JF's money?
Posted by: rancido, October 21, 2014, 10:43am; Reply: 20
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2014, 10:51am; Reply: 21
Quoted from rancido

Ok , well considering we dont have a chairman i thought it would come from the man who says the money is there for a striker..

You know the guy who has run our club from the championship to the conference.
Posted by: rancido, October 21, 2014, 10:55am; Reply: 22
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Ok , well considering we dont have a chairman i thought it would come from the man who says the money is there for a striker..

You know the guy who has run our club from the championship to the conference.

The money may well be there for a striker but we don't know how much and that will come from the playing budget , not JF's pocket.
JF was only in charge of the club for one relegation , League 2 to our present level.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 21, 2014, 10:59am; Reply: 23
Quoted from rancido

The money may well be there for a striker but we don't know how much and that will come from the playing budget , not JF's pocket.
JF was only in charge of the club for one relegation , League 2 to our present level.

I meant the budget, but surely john is the man with the keys to the safe.

He is the one who says what money is available from the clubs budget...
Posted by: rancido, October 21, 2014, 11:05am; Reply: 24
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I meant the budget, but surely john is the man with the keys to the safe.

He is the one who says what money is available from the clubs budget...

Absolutely!  PH knows this and when he identifies the right player I'm sure he will do what is necessary.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 21, 2014, 6:56pm; Reply: 25
Well apparently 28 inquiries for strikers  have resulted in zilch nobody want's to come here. :( :( :(

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Mariners-targeted-28-players-striker-hunt/story-23289614-detail/story.html
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 22, 2014, 11:37am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Well apparently 28 inquiries for strikers  have resulted in zilch nobody want's to come here. :( :( :(

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Mariners-targeted-28-players-striker-hunt/story-23289614-detail/story.html

Yeah, they don't fancy playing for a club where the owner baits the fans on a forum  ;)
Posted by: DocTower, October 22, 2014, 11:56am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

If any read this board , can you blame them ?   Down to money , or lack of it . They must see what style we attempt to play and who they might be partnering . All factors to be considered .
Posted by: gtfczak, October 22, 2014, 5:09pm; Reply: 28
Don't comprehend how a proffesional footballer training reguarly can be that unfit. Thank's for the goal though  :)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 22, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 29
He joins the legions of ex-Town players who you'll struggle to remember in a couple of years time when, where, why and how they played for Grimsby.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 22, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 30
What striker would want to come here,

If they knew they were our 29th choice.???? :-/
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 23, 2014, 4:37pm; Reply: 31
Gone on loan to Telford as they have signed Phenix from Telford
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:04pm