Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsbydan, October 19, 2014, 6:01pm
BBC are doing an article on their favourite fa cup goals, for the 50th anniversary, huts wondering what everyone's favourite town fa cup goals are? Although we lost 7-1 I think john oster's against Sheffield Wednesday is mine.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 19, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 1
Big clayton's last season! :)
Posted by: Tom13, October 19, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 2
How can it be anything other than that famous Flash Mansaram goal against Burnley in the 3rd round years ago?  ;) ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, October 19, 2014, 6:21pm; Reply: 3
I really liked Paul Groves's at Chesterfield in 97/98. And John McDermott's v Norwich the next round. I think Macca scored a screamer at Bradford too.

And now I've thought about it a bit more Gary Jones's outside of the foot beauty v Carlisle.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 6:34pm; Reply: 4
Has to be Claytons against Scunny last season although Disleys against Huddersfield comes close. Last season was the first time I have seen Town in the 3rd round of the fa cup so when the draw was being made alongside the premiership big boys I was ecstatic.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 19, 2014, 6:43pm; Reply: 5
Brian Laws at West Ham in 1996. What a night that was.
Posted by: lobsterpot, October 19, 2014, 6:51pm; Reply: 6
Grovesys at Stamford Bridge was a belter
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 19, 2014, 7:08pm; Reply: 7
Steve Livingstone brace in FA Cup 3rd round v Stockport County in 98/99 (If I remember rightly) purely for the comical moment of him being able to stand in front of the Ponny with both arms aloft hailing his status as a super sub hero. We came back from 2-1 down in stoppage time. We were promptly dumped out by Gudjonsen's Bolton in round 4.
Posted by: JMT, October 19, 2014, 7:10pm; Reply: 8
Seems that i haven't seen all the good times of town, it's got to be Clayton's goal against the Scunts last season just the feeling and disbelief when it hit the back of the net or Disley's against Huddersfield just the sheer thought that this could actually be our day, this might be my best ever memory off being a town fan, it was just all surreal...
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 7:14pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from JMT
Seems that i haven't seen all the good times of town, it's got to be Clayton's goal against the Scunts last season just the feeling and disbelief when it hit the back of the net or Disley's against Huddersfield just the sheer thought that this could actually be our day, this might be my best ever memory off being a town fan, it was just all surreal...

Them 2 goals, Disley vs gateshead away and Hearns vs Lincoln have been my favouriate since we have been down here.
Posted by: grimsbydan, October 19, 2014, 7:19pm; Reply: 10
Groves against Chesterfield was a great team goal and finish!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 19, 2014, 7:22pm; Reply: 11
Either Marc North getting the winner at Middlesbrough or Big Keith putting us 1-0 up at Wimbledon. Special day at Plough Lane despite eventually going out.
Posted by: acko338, October 19, 2014, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
I'd like my favourite FA Cup goal to be from this year's 2nd round future win that will get us a big money draw away to one of the big 4 in the Premiership for a much needed pay day !

Santa, please note.. that's Line 2 on my wants list for this year !

Line 1's payday is in May !!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 7:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from acko338
I'd like my favourite FA Cup goal to be from this year's 2nd round future win that will get us a big money draw away to one of the big 4 in the Premiership for a much needed pay day !

Santa, please note.. that's Line 2 on my wants list for this year !

Line 1's payday is in May !!

Beating hull at the kc wouldn't be to shabby.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 19, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Either Marc North getting the winner at Middlesbrough or Big Keith putting us 1-0 up at Wimbledon. Special day at Plough Lane despite eventually going out.

Crammed into that open corner, great to shut up those Boro tossers in the seats next to us bating us all game. :)
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 19, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 15
Have to agree with the original poster as soon as I saw the headline thread I thought of osters goal at Wednesday. I was there that day and despite an absolute drubbing it was a quality goal. But my favourite goals in the fa cup came against arsenal in the 4-3 defeat at blundell park. Not the best goals in the world but blundell park was absolutely bouncing that day and I will never forget it.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 19, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from arryarryarry

Crammed into that open corner, great to shut up those Boro tossers in the seats next to us bating us all game. :)

My recollection is that it went mental. Sure somebody will mention Reading as well at some point but as a 10 year old I wasn't allowed to go on a school night! What a cup run that was.
Posted by: Caveman, October 19, 2014, 8:40pm; Reply: 17
By a mile - Jimmy Bloomer's last minute equaliser against
Fulham in front of a packed Pontoon. Final score 5  - 5.

Ninth of January 1955 - do you remember it Pete ?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 9:11pm; Reply: 18
Must admit I did like Paddy's last season...
Posted by: smokey111, October 19, 2014, 9:27pm; Reply: 19
I am with Rodley....Big Keith's header to put us one up at the cup holders ;D ....what a day!
Posted by: RoboCod, October 20, 2014, 7:19am; Reply: 20
Marc Norths brace against Boro is a great memory, Big Keith ran their defence ragged that day and Northy benefitted by being the classic goal poacher, including a tremendous 'turn on a sixpence' as Harry Gration said on the Look North highlights.
Significant too as those two ex Mariners are no longer with us, looking back at those great times is hard enough but that adds an extra tinge of sadness.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:27pm