Parslow
Toto
Magnay

Paddy
Brown
Disley (Clay if fit)

Neilson (Free Role)
LJL (Taken off for Arnold)
Mackreth ( Taken off for Pittman with about 10 to go)
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 17, 2014, 12:51pm; Reply: 1
Replace Hannah with Mackreth for me...........
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 17, 2014, 1:38pm; Reply: 2
If according to Hurst...

"Certainly in Daniel's case, I would be very surprised if he's not going back to York."
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-look-to-extend-loan-deals-2019222.aspx

Is there any case Parslow should make way in light of a probable return ?
While Magnay might gain experience in the centre, guess there's no good reason Parslow shouldn't play ?...

....................McKeown
Magnay.....Nsiala.....Parslow.....Thomas
Arnold......Disley......Brown.......Neilson
...........\....Hannah....J-Lewis..../

Subs: Bignot, McGlaughlin, Mackreth, Oates, Pittman.

While I put LJL ahead of Oates, was tempted to start Oates just for one last look before a possible return.
However maybe we're just gonna extend his stay anyway...

Hannah is left footed, but seems to have had joy playing right side recently.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 17, 2014, 2:07pm; Reply: 3
McKeown

Magnay
Nsiala
Doig
Thomas

Brown
Parslow
Clay

Mackreth
John-Lewis
Neilson

Subs: Disley, Arnold, McLaughlin, Hannah, Oates.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 17, 2014, 2:19pm; Reply: 4
My team if all fit would be

Macca

Thomas
Nsiala
Parslow
Magnay

Clay
Brown
Disley

Arnold
Neilson
LJL

But i would like to see it as a 4-4-1-1, or maybe a 4-3-2-1 with arnold and neilson playing either side but more advanced than  the midfield 3, behind LJL but as attacking midfielders rather than strikers

------
-----          -----                 ------      ------

------           ------           -------

------                                     -----

-----

As an away team at a tough fixture this could be seen as both defensive and attacking on the break at the same time. It protects the back four, but offers a quick change to attack when we have the ball if brown or disley can get up to support the front 3 players.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 17, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 5
Mckeown

Magnay
Parslow
Nsiala
Thomas

Mackreth
Brown
Paddy
Arnold

Hannah
John-Lewis

Doig
Disley
Neilson
Oates
Pittman.

I have gone for this team not everyone's cup of tea, i would of liked 4-4-1-1 system with Neilson in the free role with Hannah up front. We need to play Hannah after two goals in mid week and John-Lewis is the first name on the team sheet for PH. I have gone for 4-4-2. Torquay play nice football very quick team, Paul Clayton played well against them so i expect us to try and do the same with John-Lewis.

The team was very hard to pick this week with players coming back, i have picked Arnold and Mackreth just for pace really, Paddy in midfield because i don't think Disley could keep up with Luke Young in midfield from the start. I have picked attacking subs bench because we have Magnay who can cover for Thomas if he has to come off with a injury with Parslow going to RB and Doig coming on.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 17, 2014, 3:34pm; Reply: 6
Hannah's 2 goals will not affect the team sheet. I will be surprised if he starts because the manager has already made it clear to everyone that Torquay are world beaters. Therefore as we never set out to beat world beaters we will set out to stop them beating us by playing one up front with Neilson in a 5 man midfield.

Hannah on the bench in case we need to go 4-4-2 in the last ten minutes with Pittman in case LJL is injured/sent off/knackered.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, October 17, 2014, 3:40pm; Reply: 7
McKeown

Magnay
Toto
Parslow
Aza

MacKreth
Disley
Brown
Arnold

Neilson (Free Role)
The Shop

Bignot
McLaughlin
Clay (Play instead of Diz if fit)
Pittman (Bring on for 10 mins)
Oates
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 17, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
McKeown

Magnay
Nsiala
Doig
Thomas

Brown
Parslow
Clay

Mackreth
John-Lewis
Neilson

Subs: Disley, Arnold, McLaughlin, Hannah, Oates.

This team for me with Arnold coming on sometime after HT..
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 17, 2014, 4:25pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from northbankmariner
or maybe a 4-3-2-1 with arnold and neilson playing either side but more advanced than  the midfield 3, behind LJL but as attacking midfielders rather than strikers

Like this formation ?...

........Clay.....Brown....Disley
............Arnold....Neilson
...............John-Lewis

Looks tasty !
No width of course...

I thought Clay returning was unlikely but Hurst seems to appear more upbeat on MP.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 17, 2014, 4:28pm; Reply: 10
Therefore as we never set out to beat world beaters we will set out to stop them beating us by playing one up front with Neilson in a 5 man midfield.

Surely it's more 4-3-3 these days, that's what I would expect anyway.
Posted by: maxfox44, October 17, 2014, 4:30pm; Reply: 11
PH probably has dreams about McKeown in goal, Pearson in all four slots at the back.  Disley in all four slots in midfield and two John Lewis' up front.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 17, 2014, 5:21pm; Reply: 12
Disley's started less games this season that Clay, Brown and McLaughlin.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 17, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 120797

Surely it's more 4-3-3 these days, that's what I would expect anyway.

Sorry, of course it is. The manager said so didn't he? Told us thickies in no uncertain terms that we were not playing with a lone striker. So it must be right, those other two forwards are always up there in support of our gallant centre forward and never drop into a 5 man midfield.
Posted by: BIGChris, October 17, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 14
Not sure I have ever seen a 4-3-3 when the front three always stay up as strikers, not even Barcelona?
Posted by: TAGG, October 17, 2014, 8:44pm; Reply: 15
Every one has Mackreth in there side, the bloke has a decent work rate and sticks the odd cross in now and again but have we not got any one better than him in the squad?
He's very light weight and a limited footballer IMO and gives us nothing Colebeck didn't give us. Not see him have a good game for us yet.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 17, 2014, 8:45pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris
Not sure I have ever seen a 4-3-3 when the front three always stay up as strikers, not even Barcelona?

Course not Chris, it's just my natural cynicism and sarcasm coming out again. ;)

Teams playing 4-3-3 do get players forward in support asap though and, when it is played properly, the central striker is never left isolated.

Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 18, 2014, 5:20pm; Reply: 17
Sorry, of course it is. The manager said so didn't he? Told us thickies in no uncertain terms that we were not playing with a lone striker. So it must be right, those other two forwards are always up there in support of our gallant centre forward and never drop into a 5 man midfield.

I'm sure you're right they do !

There's no contridiction in my mind.

Quoted from BIGChris

Who is saying they always stay up ?

Players will make runs but be also aware to drop defensively and position correctly into shape.
Perhaps this explains the 433/442 confusion in other matches ?

Teams playing 4-3-3 do get players forward in support asap though and, when it is played properly, the central striker is never left isolated.

Exactamundo, so what's the silly fuss over a static flat 5 ?

The goals today apparently came from wide areas - as you'd expect...

Perhaps the simple point to agree is teams rarely keep the same shape during the whole game.

Great win today, UTM !
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:29pm