Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 15, 2014, 11:17am
The BBC have just released their "Price Of Football 2014" report.

Some interesting reading in here for the stattos out there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

Posted by: grimsby pete, October 15, 2014, 11:35am; Reply: 1
There is another interesting read on the BBC Website about Borussia Dortmund,

Average crowds of 80,000 because of the low prices,

STH pay about £9 a game,

Over 1,000 English fans travel to see them every home game.

Maybe you could put that link up Les ? it's beyond me. :)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 15, 2014, 11:40am; Reply: 2
Put something similar on FB earlier
Posted by: pizzzza, October 15, 2014, 12:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not just because of the low prices though, being successful helps too!

Otherwise Clee Town would get 100,000 per game.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 15, 2014, 1:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
There is another interesting read on the BBC Website about Borussia Dortmund,

STH pay about £9 a game,

Over 1,000 English fans travel to see them every home game.

Maybe you could put that link up Les ? it's beyond me. :)

Do you mean this one Pete?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29624410

Posted by: grimsby pete, October 15, 2014, 1:26pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

That's the one, thanks Les. 8)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 15, 2014, 1:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Not just because of the low prices though, being successful helps too!

Otherwise Clee Town would get 100,000 per game.

I never thought of that.  ;D
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 15, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 7
£1 for a pie at Braintree, what on earth is in that?!
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 15, 2014, 1:52pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
£1 for a pie at Braintree, what on earth is in that?!

Mince?  ;)

Posted by: Perkins, October 15, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 9
The £4.50 pie at Kiddy whacks up the price for a day out there, but it's as big as a shed.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 15, 2014, 2:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Mince?  ;)

Rat mince lol, to be honest that's by far the cheapest pie out there, I'm saying I've not lived until I've had a Braintree pie lol :)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 15, 2014, 3:06pm; Reply: 11
A little harsh on the club as adult tickets come with 1 child free if I'm not mistaken? Also, out of interest, every league of Ireland game I've been to has been 15€ for an adult to get in. Programme prices ranger greatly from 2-4€. I've been to a whopping 6 grounds mind. The FAI Cup final was 10€ and they had the womens final first. I think the programme for that was 4€. Provides a nice comparison I think as the Premier division top end is pretty equal with the Conference in terms of standard in my opinion.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2014, 3:50pm; Reply: 12
Big thanks to the BBC for informing me that it's expensive to go to an Arsenal game!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 15, 2014, 4:02pm; Reply: 13
If the greedy illegitimates shared tv money a little better football could be cheaper for all
Posted by: BeijingMariner, October 15, 2014, 5:41pm; Reply: 14
I don't post much, this might be my first, but sometimes things really intercourse*ng annoy me.
[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29549609[/url]
This is an example, a prime one I think, of lazy journalism.
It's about the relative prices of various aspects of football in the UK right now.
The reason I say it is lazy should be be obvious if you read it.
This is the BBC, the bastion of good journalism, unbiased reporting.
Apparently when it comes to costing a shirt, only the sale price matters. So Telford are compared to Manchester City.....conveniently ignoring how sponsorship factors in to the price of a shirt.... is it just me? W*nkers at the BBC should be ashamed of themselves thinking we are all that stupid. I would tell you the name under the article except there isn't one. So, Lazy wanke*s the lot of you.
Go do something else, stop infecting journalism. Twa*s
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 15, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from BeijingMariner
I don't post much, this might be my first, but sometimes things really intercourse*ng annoy me.
[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29549609[/url]
This is an example, a prime one I think, of lazy journalism.
It's about the relative prices of various aspects of football in the UK right now.
The reason I say it is lazy should be be obvious if you read it.
This is the BBC, the bastion of good journalism, unbiased reporting.
Apparently when it comes to costing a shirt, only the sale price matters. So Telford are compared to Manchester City.....conveniently ignoring how sponsorship factors in to the price of a shirt.... is it just me? W*nkers at the BBC should be ashamed of themselves thinking we are all that stupid. I would tell you the name under the article except there isn't one. So, Lazy wanke*s the lot of you.
Go do something else, stop infecting journalism. Twa*s

It's balderdash, surely they should focus more on why it costs so much in conference.
Posted by: Meza, October 15, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 16
Conference clubs might seem like more but attendances is all they really get in terms of money with an added extra from the club shops, compared to prem teams that get more money from sponsors and the tv so they can afford to reduce ticket prices due to numerous income streams.  Although Arsenal and Chelsea nearly 2k for a season ticket.

Your right its lazy journalism and doesn't really show a true picture.
Posted by: chicaneuk, October 15, 2014, 7:35pm; Reply: 17
Not everything is relative too. Look at Kidderminster - the cost of a pie there might cause most people to blow out their cheeks and remark at how expensive that is. But they do home made, delicious, huge shepherds pies - which can't even be compared to the anaemic pukka shite you get in most grounds.
Posted by: rancido, October 15, 2014, 7:57pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from chicaneuk
Not everything is relative too. Look at Kidderminster - the cost of a pie there might cause most people to blow out their cheeks and remark at how expensive that is. But they do home made, delicious, huge shepherds pies - which can't even be compared to the anaemic pukka shite you get in most grounds.

We have a local butcher in NE Lincs  called Turners who make quite good pies and sausage rolls at very reasonable prices but unfortunately not sold at BP. I wonder if the whole aspect of catering could be looked at by the Trust so that as much as possible is sourced locally?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2014, 8:10pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from rancido

We have a local butcher in NE Lincs  called Turners who make quite good pies and sausage rolls at very reasonable prices but unfortunately not sold at BP. I wonder if the whole aspect of catering could be looked at by the Trust so that as much as possible is sourced locally?

Yeah I've thought this before. 'Europe's Food Town' and all that and yet the food is (apparently, I've not had any for ages) rubbish.
Posted by: rancido, October 15, 2014, 8:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from crusty ole pie
If the greedy illegitimates shared tv money a little better football could be cheaper for all

But that is why the Premiersh*t was formed in the first place - greed! The top teams in the old first division tried to put forward the argument that it would be good for the national game and English football in general - this was complete bollax! It just ensured that a few clubs got a bigger slice of the pie. The obscene amount of money sloshing around the Premiersh*t has attracted far too many foreign owners ( a lot with very dubious backgrounds) , a rising number of agents feeding off the proceeds, an influx of foreign players leading to less opportunities for home grown talent and less cash available for the lower league teams.
Posted by: chaos33, October 15, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 21
Yep. I agree.
Posted by: chicaneuk, October 15, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 22
I don't get this either. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a greasy burger or bacon buttie as much as the next person but I don't understand why they don't push the boat out a bit with the food at Blundell Park. It seems like they do the bare minimum, generic greasy spoon type stuff. Presumably Kidderminster make a killing with their pies. Why not a decent outlet to buy *proper* fish and chips for example?!
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2014, 10:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Clubs would just spend it on players/agents!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 15, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete

I never thought of that.  ;D

But relative to the quality on offer even clubs at Clee's level are poor value compared to Germany.

Football and footballers are grossly over-valued in this country. How long since a sniff at an international trophy? Which country has the highest prices and highest footballer wages?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2014, 11:35pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Football and footballers are grossly over-valued in this country. How long since a sniff at an international trophy? Which country has the highest prices and highest footballer wages?

But that's just the English ones. The foreign ones are quite good!
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, October 16, 2014, 2:10am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Les Brechin

Mince?  ;)

Spelling error Les - Mice! 8)
Posted by: scrumble, October 16, 2014, 7:31am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Les Brechin

Mince?  ;)

No its just the way he walks
Posted by: scrumble, October 16, 2014, 7:42am; Reply: 28
Why didn't the BBC compare it other forms of live entertainment? Go watch the musical Wicked, and at £50 for a cheap seat it works out at about £20 for an hours entertainment, whereas watching Town comes in at £12
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 16, 2014, 9:16am; Reply: 29
Can't believe we don't take advantage of our "food town" fame either Turners is ace but we also have what I think is the best butchers in Lincolnshire Petits who even have Royal approvement.
Posted by: thevera, October 16, 2014, 9:48am; Reply: 30
Quoted from chicaneuk

I was listening to Sports Talk on Radio Humberside last evening and the presenters who supported the Premiership Hull City hadn't a clue what quality Kidderminster was offering in their pies instead they chose to make an issue of the price. They also pointed out that if you bought a pie at every Kidderminster home game in a season you would have spent more money than it would cost for a Barcelona season ticket.
Posted by: rancido, October 17, 2014, 4:38pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Can't believe we don't take advantage of our "food town" fame either Turners is ace but we also have what I think is the best butchers in Lincolnshire Petits who even have Royal approvement.

I think that the catering at BP is contracted out so obviously the caterers will obtain the cheapest products and sell for the highest profit regardless of quality or value for money.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:00am