Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 15, 2014, 7:40am
New manager of York City!  :-/
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 15, 2014, 8:40am; Reply: 1
He has taken a team up to Division 1, therefore, proven success in Division 2.   This was after we thrashed them in the FA Cup.    And Scunny set a world record for the most games unbeaten after Wilcox was appointed manager.

First York fan to comment in local paper (York Press) shows that they can be as pessimistic as we are, before he even starts:

"I will always back the manager and give him my full support. However, I can't say I am overly inspired by this appointment".
Posted by: psgmariner, October 15, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 2
I thought he was a good appointment until I read up on him on the advice of an underwhelmed York fan.

Spent £300k on that Paddy Madden and had a huge budget for League 2. Also he has won a total of 18 games in his whole career.
Posted by: tashee69, October 15, 2014, 9:19am; Reply: 3
Quoted from psgmariner
I thought he was a good appointment until I read up on him on the advice of an underwhelmed York fan.

Spent £300k on that Paddy Madden and had a huge budget for League 2. Also he has won a total of 18 games in his whole career.

To be fair to him though he did have a horrendous injury list this season and in charge at Scunthorpe he's only managed 45 games. Even including this terrible start he's got 70 points in those 45 games.
Paddy Madden also never played for Scunthorpe in league 2 and as for the budget he'd have only had the January window to bring players in. I thought theft sold that forward to Barnsley for about £300k, which balances off the Madden deal. Don't know if he did and to be truthful I can't be bothered to look it up but he did turn that team we beat around.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 15, 2014, 10:34am; Reply: 4
A pretty obvious one really. I said yesterday that they would probably appoint him.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 15, 2014, 10:54am; Reply: 5
Has hurst tried to get madden on loan??

And I don't mean john madden from blockbuster
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 15, 2014, 10:55am; Reply: 6
A good appointment for us,

With Hurst's connection with Wilcox,

We might be able to get a York player in on loan. :)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 15, 2014, 11:11am; Reply: 7
Madden did play for Scunny in League 2 didn't he? I though they signed him during the course of last season. I also think that given he's first choice and scoring goals that they'd probably not let him join us on loan.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 15, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 8
So they've replaced a long ball manager who draws a lot with a long ball manager who draws a lot ;)
Posted by: tashee69, October 15, 2014, 12:33pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Madden did play for Scunny in League 2 didn't he? I though they signed him during the course of last season. I also think that given he's first choice and scoring goals that they'd probably not let him join us on loan.

I stand corrected. I only pick up bits of Scunny when I'm listening to the radio in my car before a town home game, then it's normally background noise cos I try to get some kip before the match. I'm at the age where watching people running about tires me out  ;D
Think I was getting mixed up with that forward they signed from Burton(?) is it Kee.
Posted by: chaos33, October 15, 2014, 9:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19
So they've replaced a long ball manager who draws a lot with a long ball manager who draws a lot ;)

That's what I thought! Plus, I can't see that we should be going after yet more York City players. Surely we're over our quota?
Posted by: rancido, October 16, 2014, 5:06pm; Reply: 11
[quote=3898]

That's what I thought! Plus, I can't see that we should be going after yet more York City players. Surely we're over our quotaquote

Don't tell me the EU have introduced quotas on how many York City players you can have? Do UKIP know about this?

Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:58am