Winfarrah

Brown
Paddy
Disley

Arnold
Hannah
Bemrose
Posted by: oldun, October 12, 2014, 5:41pm; Reply: 1
If available surely Oates will start up front with maybe Bemrose getting 20 mins later in the game. Pity we cannot rest Brown, Maybe Doig could play at the back with Parslow in midfield instead of Brown
Posted by: JMT, October 12, 2014, 5:49pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from oldun
If available surely Oates will start up front with maybe Bemrose getting 20 mins later in the game. Pity we cannot rest Brown, Maybe Doig could play at the back with Parslow in midfield instead of Brown

Just thinking for Saturday if Hurst decides to throw Doig in.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 12, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 3
We should be putting a full youth team out for this Game. Rediculous to risk any first teamers.
Posted by: gtfc82, October 12, 2014, 6:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from gtfc98
We should be putting a full youth team out for this Game. Rediculous to risk any first teamers.

Totally agree! Ridiculous to have such a meaningless match in the middle of the season!!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 12, 2014, 7:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from gtfc98

In an ideal world yes it makes sense - but just think a bit more.

The Lincs FA might have something to say about it. This is their competition after all. I'm not certain but I think they would be entitled to fine the club or ask the FA to do it or boot the club out next time maybe?

Posted by: Garth, October 12, 2014, 7:58pm; Reply: 6
Plenty of players needing game time without risking first team players
Posted by: JMT, October 12, 2014, 8:23pm; Reply: 7
Heard, we can't have a full youth team etc, so that's why i included some first teamers.

if anyone knows if thats true or not feel free to share..
Posted by: Abdul19, October 12, 2014, 8:28pm; Reply: 8

The Lincs FA might have something to say about it. This is their competition after all. I'm not certain but I think they would be entitled to fine the club or ask the FA to do it or boot the club out next time maybe?

Hopefully. We can go on one of those far eastern tours instead!
Posted by: gtfc98, October 12, 2014, 8:54pm; Reply: 9

Has any poxy local fa ever kicked a club out of the fa cup though? Unlikely. If they want a full strength team they should organise their tournament to finish before the start of the season
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, October 12, 2014, 8:55pm; Reply: 10
Give Hannah and Oates a game up top. Paddy and Disley centre mid, then rest made up of fringe/youth.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, October 12, 2014, 10:30pm; Reply: 11
Bastock

Walker
Humble
Doig
Bignot

Arnold
Venney
???
Winfarrah

Bemrose
Hannah
Posted by: Abdul19, October 12, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 12
Humble's out on loan, isn't he?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 12, 2014, 11:48pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from gtfc98

Has any poxy local fa ever kicked a club out of the fa cup though? Unlikely. If they want a full strength team they should organise their tournament to finish before the start of the season

That's just daft talk. his is nothing to do with the FA Cup, it is the Lincs FA Cup run by them but they didn't cause this problem. It was the clubs that pratted about unable to agree a date earlier in the season so now they have to suffer for it.
Posted by: Sigone, October 13, 2014, 11:24am; Reply: 14
Not ours or Lincolns fault..for some reason the boston Vs Gainsboro tie was played really late
Posted by: gtfc98, October 13, 2014, 1:01pm; Reply: 15

That's just daft talk. his is nothing to do with the FA Cup, it is the Lincs FA Cup run by them but they didn't cause this problem. It was the clubs that pratted about unable to agree a date earlier in the season so now they have to suffer for it.

I misread your post, I thought you said they could have us thrown out of the FA cup. I can't see how the lincs FA can do anything about the team we put out midway through a season.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 13, 2014, 1:11pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from gtfc98

I misread your post, I thought you said they could have us thrown out of the FA cup. I can't see how the lincs FA can do anything about the team we put out midway through a season.

That's OK.

I don't know what they can do either, but I do think they'll think of something if we put out a team of juniors! ;)

Posted by: moosey_club, October 13, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 17
Maybe the club should sign some new first team players on short term contracts for this one?
I'm not busy tomorrow night..
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, October 13, 2014, 2:59pm; Reply: 18
County FA ruled that the game must not be played any later than 31st October. it would have been pre-season, but there werent any free dates for both Town and Lincoln before the season started.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 13, 2014, 4:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19
Humble's out on loan, isn't he?

He is back Abdul, their league would not sanction the loan,

Must have thought he was too good for that level.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 13, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 20
Nothing to lose except players but surely most will benefit from the run out.

Perfect opportunity to experiment and learn mid season while giving fringe players chances for Saturday.
Thomas maybe needs a few mins, could be a good left mid replacement.
Also want to see Winfarrah.
Have no worries on Walker pushing up.

...............Bastock
Bignot....Nsiala....Doig....Winfarrah
Walker....Disley....Paddy...Thomas
..........Oates.....Arnold

Subs: McKeown, Humble?, Bemrose, youth...

l say let's try to learn as much as possible...
Posted by: Abdul19, October 13, 2014, 5:22pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

He is back Abdul, their league would not sanction the loan,

Must have thought he was too good for that level.

Blimey, they took their time with that!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 13, 2014, 5:38pm; Reply: 22
In that case I'd play Humble at LB for least a half too.  

Might not want to risk Thomas at all.
But I'd like to see that + Winfarrah at left back just to see how they get on there.
Posted by: fiveallive, October 13, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 23
Bastock

Walker
Doig
Humble
Winfarrah

Venney
Disley (c)
Paddy

Arnold
Oates
Bemrose

Mckeown
Parslow
Brown
Barnett
Hannah.

This is a ideal game to give young players like Bastock, Venney and Bemrose with young pro players like Walker and Winfarrah a game with the likes of Disley and Doig with experience perfect to get minutes on the board for Oates and Arnold aswell.
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 13, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 24
What about a bit of shooting practice for Hannah ? assuming Lincoln field a weakened team
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 13, 2014, 6:48pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from fiveallive
Bastock

Walker
Doig
Humble
Winfarrah

Venney
Disley (c)
Paddy

Arnold
Oates
Bemrose

Mckeown
Parslow
Brown
Barnett
Hannah.

This is a ideal game to give young players like Bastock, Venney and Bemrose with young pro players like Walker and Winfarrah a game with the likes of Disley and Doig with experience perfect to get minutes on the board for Oates and Arnold aswell.

Agree with all of that apart from I would start with Hannah and bring Arnold on at H.T.

We might need Arnold for Torquay.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 14, 2014, 12:50am; Reply: 26
That's exactly why I would play him.

If he can't last 20 mins...

Wouldn't take any risks on Tuesday though.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 14, 2014, 2:16am; Reply: 27
Quoted from fleabag1970
What about a bit of shooting practice for Hannah ? assuming Lincoln field a weakened team

It's a fair point, it could help him.
I think he may probably start anyway.
Whether we should be risking first teamers or resting them is the question I suppose.
Personally I'd favour the latter and give Hannah a well deserved break, he puts his shifts in...

Posted by: chaos33, October 14, 2014, 6:22am; Reply: 28
It would surely be of benefit to give Oates a game - a full one or best part of.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 14, 2014, 9:18am; Reply: 29
wouldn't play arnold, not worth risking him so soon after saturday

Get Paddy and Venney in CM

Humble loan was not approved
Posted by: horsforthmariner, October 14, 2014, 11:14am; Reply: 30
If you get bookings/sending offs do they count? if so surely we can't play any of first choice team, with the exception of Lenny  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 14, 2014, 11:26am; Reply: 31
Quoted from horsforthmariner
If you get bookings/sending offs do they count? if so surely we can't play any of first choice team, with the exception of Lenny  ;)

If a player gets booked or sent off,  they count,

BUT

Like Pearson  who misses the next game because of suspension,

It does not count,!!!!

Barmy.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 14, 2014, 2:35pm; Reply: 32
Hurst says Clay is out but will be fine for Torquay.
Also fine for Saturday, Aswad is stiff and Hurst doesn't want to risk him - fair enough !
So I'll go...
...............Bastock
Bignot....Nsiala....Doig....Humble
Walker....Disley....Paddy...Winfarrah
..........Oates.....Arnold

What interests me is where Winfarrah will/should play.
In pre-season he was playing central midfield v Brigg.
I hope we resist any temptation - would rather see them playing where they may be needed in future.

Ideally I'd like to assess Arnold on the wing and Winfarrah at left back.
If that means Bemrose up front so be it...
Even Nsiala (not without some skill) up front as "target man" may be worth a go at some point.

I want to win too but would argue trying players and formations for the future is more important than tonight's result.
I feel Hurst's seeming defensiveness regarding the strength of the lineup (i.e. might not be strong enough) was frankly unnecessary.
Posted by: Garth, October 14, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 33
Quote:

I feel Hurst's seeming defensiveness regarding the strength of the lineup (i.e. might not be strong enough) was frankly unnecessary.

Typical though at least he is consistant, when will he say any different?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 14, 2014, 3:52pm; Reply: 34
Macca
Walker  Humble  Doig  Bignot
Paddy  Disley  Venney  Winfarrah
            Oates  Hannah
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 14, 2014, 4:05pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Garth
Quote:

Typical though at least he is consistant, when will he say any different?

Maybe so, he can't just say "the game means nothing" because to be fair, it does.

I just hope he's using it as much as a training exercise and won't be fearful to shuffle the pack in this type of game.
If fans start assuming "he's clueless" perhaps they should consider whether the manager is confident too !

But there's chances to dig for gold and freedom for Hurst to tinker to his hearts content tonight.
Just don't see why he should ever need to apologize in advance for changes, let alone in a game like this...
Posted by: horsforthmariner, October 14, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from grimsby pete

If a player gets booked or sent off,  they count,

BUT

Like Pearson  who misses the next game because of suspension,

It does not count,!!!!

Barmy.

That's totally insane. Well we can't play anyone who may end up picking 5 bookings in a season then.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 14, 2014, 5:22pm; Reply: 37
Super cliche time. Hurst has challenged his fringe players to catch his eye, according to the GT.
(That is - unless you happen to be a central striker. Then you could score a dozen and still be lucky to be 3rd choice behind LJL.)
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:46am