Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jaws, October 12, 2014, 5:06pm
Our sixth of the season and we have conceded the least in the league.

I know we have our issues up front, but I feel when someone get's some scoring boots either LJL, Hannah or a possible new face I feel we'll be fine.

Of the games we've won, we've conceded once and only thrown a winning position away once (Dover).

We are third in the form table - there is only one team that are on a run of multiple wins (Woking 3).

I am someone that wants Hurst out - but wondering if we're really in that bad of a position considering the above?
Posted by: acko338, October 12, 2014, 9:08pm; Reply: 1
If no one is in on loan soon, we will need to look to Arnold & Pittman to return asap. Both could move the team forward offensively, and to be fair, as poor as people perceive current form, even with the lousy injuries and suspensions, we are still only 3 points away from the play off places, and 9 from Barnet at the top.

Still need that solid defense to keep the "goals for" required down - few chances now for sevens or sixes "goals for" until ALL of the forwards are fit and challenging for places.
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 12, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jaws

I am someone that wants Hurst out - but wondering if we're really in that bad of a position considering the above?

If the latter is be true I'd perhaps urge a rethink on the former... if we are not in such a bad position, maybe it isn't an ideal time to ditch our manager and potentially lose the stability of a decent squad. Surely better to sort out the attacking problem, and maintain our brilliant defensive record?

Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, October 13, 2014, 3:56am; Reply: 3
Its easy to be doom mongers but when you look in the cold light of day at those sort of stats then its not so bad - yes we do need a striker and some inventiveness from the midfield going forward but it could be a lot worse if we didn't have a defence.
This season in isolation is that, but the 'success' since Christmas this year has not been there and that is why most are clamoring for PH's head - I'd tend to agree that if the striking woes are sorted then we could be in good shape - what we don't need is the belly full of turkey and Xmas pud and the NYE hangover that seems to have accompanied the last two seasons run in's.
Pull you finger out PH - get LJL on track - change his boots on to the right feet perhaps? or try something/someone new - what about the young guns??

UTM 8) 8)
Posted by: denni266, October 13, 2014, 7:38am; Reply: 4
no good relying on Pittman  or arnold,   One is only fit for 1 in 7 games. and realy dont know what to think about Arnold.  My view is  if there not going to play for one reason or another  get rid , we have enough deadwood at the club with Hurst being here
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 14, 2014, 12:54am; Reply: 5
I tend to agree we can't rely on them although showing our best players the door seems loopy.
In any case contracts are there to be honoured and paid !
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, October 14, 2014, 8:09am; Reply: 6
I think we could look at stats all day long and they do show where our strengths lay. The fact remains that until we consistently unlock stubborn lower placed part time teams that shut up shop then we are doomed to this league. The reason I think PH should go is i would say other than a misfiring forward line the players we have are good enough. I'd like to see a better quality manager in charge of this mob.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 14, 2014, 11:54am; Reply: 7
The good thing about our defence is we only need one or two goals to win most games,

The bad thing is we seem to score our most of our goals in batches , 6 in one , 7 in another, 3 in another game.

That's 16 goals in 3 games,

Which leaves us with 13 goals in the other 13 games,

Hurst needs to sort out our lack of strikers then the moaners ( including me ) will get off his back.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:33am