Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, October 9, 2014, 10:29am
Everybody at the club can see that Hurst is not up to the job fans are voting with their feet in there hundreds, who in there right mind wants to pay £18 to watch LJL fire blanks.
Hurst has shattered the confidence of every striker at the club Cook, southwell, Hannah and brings in loan players and never plays them and signs strikers no one else would touch with a barge pole Pitman.
The man is a joke and i WILL be voting with my feet as I am sure lots of other fans are.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 9, 2014, 10:39am; Reply: 1
From reading posts on here within the last few weeks it reads that there is a high percentage who feel a change in management is needed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2014, 10:41am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Yoda
Everybody at the club can see that Hurst is not up to the job fans are voting with their feet in there hundreds, who in there right mind wants to pay £18 to watch LJL fire blanks.
Hurst has shattered the confidence of every striker at the club Cook, southwell, Hannah and brings in loan players and never plays them and signs strikers no one else would touch with a barge pole Pitman.
The man is a joke and i WILL be voting with my feet as I am sure lots of other fans are.

You don't understand these votes of confidence do you ?

One week the manager gets that vote,

The next week he get's the sack.
Posted by: Mariners_15, October 9, 2014, 10:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4
From reading posts on here within the last few weeks it reads that there is a high percentage who feel a change in management is needed.

Agreed, it's at the ground too. All the people I sit around have no faith in him and as you walk out the ground you hear lot's of passing comments about peoples lack of faith in the current manager. Anybody who denies the majority are wanting a change have well and truly got their heads in the sand.
Posted by: Cott_Mike, October 9, 2014, 11:22am; Reply: 4
The vast majority want Hurst out.

For me, nothing will change until a certain Mr Fenty leaves, which looks a long way off.

I say bring back Mike Parker. Hold on, that's not going to happen as the Trust gave away his generous share donation to Mr Fenty (Bad, bad move)
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 9, 2014, 11:36am; Reply: 5
If Fenty leaves who do you suggest keeps bailing the club out season after season??
Not saying he has been perfect - far from it, look where we are - but in all honesty who do you suggest takes over?
There is no-one; it's a very unattractive proposition - a non league club, in a down at heel town, poor location etc etc

I am saying this from the point of view of a potential major investor
Posted by: chicaneuk, October 9, 2014, 11:38am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
If Fenty leaves who do you suggest keeps bailing the club out season after season??
Not saying he has been perfect - far from it, look where we are - but in all honesty who do you suggest takes over?
There is no-one; it's a very unattractive proposition - a non league club, in a down at heel town, poor location etc etc

Exactly how I feel as well. I still feel we're quite lucky to have a wealthy benefactor on our board and until we get other people lining up to throw money at the club it'd be a terrible idea to get rid of JF.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2014, 12:12pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cott_Mike
The vast majority want Hurst out.

For me, nothing will change until a certain Mr Fenty leaves, which looks a long way off.

I say bring back Mike Parker. Hold on, that's not going to happen as the Trust gave away his generous share donation to Mr Fenty (Bad, bad move)

If Mike Parker wanted to be chairman he could have done,

He didn't.
Posted by: denni266, October 9, 2014, 12:17pm; Reply: 8
I have voted with my  feet.. not going to watch sunday league standard manager  ruining what was once a proud league club.. Get a grip Mr  Fenty  
Posted by: Garth, October 9, 2014, 12:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

Football management history says you are right Pete, if I were Paul I would be dusting down my CV in anticipation, the next four weeks will have to see an improved performance in results and attendances or the common denominator in life money will end his management at GTFC, Tick Tock, Tick Tock, no pressure Paul
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 9, 2014, 12:51pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from denni266
I have voted with my  feet.. not going to watch sunday league standard manager  ruining what was once a proud league club.. Get a grip Mr  Fenty  

Martyr
Posted by: gaz57, October 9, 2014, 12:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariners_15

Agreed, it's at the ground too. All the people I sit around have no faith in him and as you walk out the ground you hear lot's of passing comments about peoples lack of faith in the current manager. Anybody who denies the majority are wanting a change have well and truly got their heads in the sand.

Including the directors.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 9, 2014, 2:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariners_15

It would be interesting if a vote on Hurst's future was put to the season ticket holders.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 9, 2014, 2:55pm; Reply: 13
[quote=31892]If Fenty leaves who do you suggest keeps bailing the club out season after season??

I am saying this from the point of view of a potential major investor[/quote]

You're a potential major investor?
Posted by: ackomariner, October 9, 2014, 3:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

It would be interesting if a vote on Hurst's future was put to the season ticket holders.

Well I'll start then.

Got two season tickets, felt like I've been lied to with the new signings coming

I wanted him GONE and still do
Posted by: maxfox44, October 9, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 15
Like it or lump Paul is the manager for the next game at least.  End of. I want Hurst out, but it's not going to happen just yet.

Lets get behind the boys now.
Posted by: cleefish, October 9, 2014, 3:28pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Yoda

:( :(so will I because myself am 76 years old my dad took me first when I was 5 years and this is the worst I've  seen not getting season
ticket any more.sad
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 9, 2014, 5:25pm; Reply: 17
I am voting with my feet also why should I waste my very hard earned cash any more watching crap . and to all those who say we should still go  or were not true loyal supporters    if your so confident YOU PAY FOR ME TO WATCH SHI** (bheem)
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 9, 2014, 5:53pm; Reply: 18
I want success the same as everybody else.
I am upset at our current form and league position the same as everybody else .
I think a change of manager may be of benefit to the club.
But, what I think will make no difference at all.
Call me deluded, rose tinter, half wit, I don't care.

I will still be there, every home game, waiting for the tide to turn, and it will, eventually.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.

UTM
Posted by: TAGG, October 9, 2014, 9:21pm; Reply: 19

How do you or anyone else know there is no one out there who would want to take over???
Posted by: mariner91, October 9, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Yoda

Hurst has shattered the confidence of every striker at the club Cook, southwell, Hannah

Why do people keep using this as a stick to beat him with? Maybe the inconvenient truth is that none of them are quite of the required standard? They showed flashes of ability whilst with us but can't consistently perform to that level in the division we are in. There is a big difference between the Vanarama North and the Premier and that is why they are suddenly scoring lots.

Admittedly, he did sign them all and you have to question his ability to sign decent strikers. So far, in my view, he has managed to sign 2 in however many years who are actually pretty good for this level and both of them have been crocks (Hearn was unfortunate though).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

It won't even as long as that for Neil Woods after he got the backing of the chairman.

But then Hurst shouldn't worry, because we haven't got a chairman.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2014, 11:30pm; Reply: 22

Stopping overspending might be a start.

Don't know how well the budget-balancing is going - the Trust said something about it when the share-gift/board place deals were done. Anyone have any up to date information?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 10, 2014, 8:02am; Reply: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Stopping overspending might be a start.

Don't know how well the budget-balancing is going - the Trust said something about it when the share-gift/board place deals were done. Anyone have any up to date information?

Think it's crash and burn time. Certainly can't see Hurst getting us out of this league, he seems to have lost a lot of the fans and I'd suggest that he doesn't necessarily have the charisma to attract the sort of players we are short of. The consequence of all of that is that Fenty's lost fans aren't coming back until there's a change.

A critical time of the season? My bottom! It will soon be time for Cup games so we should re-group now, give a new manager the time to get to know his players and address our lack of effective strikers otherwise you'll be watching a mid-table Conference side with a mid-table budget next season (at best!)
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, October 10, 2014, 10:01am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mariners_15

Spoken like a true Roman, get him on the cross ASAP!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:44pm