Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2014, 10:15am
Wrexham 3  Town  0

Headlines.

Rampant  Wrexham thump Grimsby in front of big crowd to celebrate 150 years of football,

Grimsby had plenty of the ball but everything broke down on 18 yard box.

Grimsby boss says we were a bit unlucky today but we are only 9 points off the play offs,

It's still all to play for.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 9, 2014, 10:16am; Reply: 1
Wrexham 1 Town 1
Posted by: Mariners_15, October 9, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 2
Wrexham 4-1 Grimsby
Posted by: Hagrid, October 9, 2014, 10:51am; Reply: 3
im sick of the flipping negativity, yeah things are bad but for intercourse sake its not like we've lost 5 in a row and we are bottom! Just a little positivity please people

wrexham 0 town 1

Pearson 87

We win, it all starts to change!
Posted by: Meza, October 9, 2014, 11:14am; Reply: 4
Wrexham 1-3 Town

Town show they have got the bottle and claim the result was for the manager.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 9, 2014, 11:16am; Reply: 5
0-0
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 9, 2014, 12:31pm; Reply: 6
Town to win 2-0
Posted by: LH, October 9, 2014, 12:35pm; Reply: 7
1-1. Pete not to get a job as a headline writer anytime soon.  ;)
Posted by: Garth, October 9, 2014, 2:39pm; Reply: 8
0-2 to Town but will settle for one-------------Hursts pre match team talk, " Its there big day lets spoil it"
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2014, 2:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH
1-1. Pete not to get a job as a headline writer anytime soon.  ;)

;D ;D Never was very good at English.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 9, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 10
3-0 Wrexham

Hannah and LJL to miss five sitters each
Posted by: ackomariner, October 9, 2014, 4:57pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid
im sick of the flipping negativity, yeah things are bad but for intercourse sake its not like we've lost 5 in a row and we are bottom! Just a little positivity please people

wrexham 0 town 1

Pearson 87

Says you, after saying your piece after the game and joining the side of the morons.

What's up, now changed your mind.....
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, October 9, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 12
Will go for 1-2 town to sneak a late win
Goals from Brown and The shop
328 town fans
Posted by: Grimal, October 9, 2014, 7:02pm; Reply: 13
Wrexham 2       Town 0

Moult &  Jennings

4590   ( 370 Mariners)
Posted by: chrissy, October 9, 2014, 7:06pm; Reply: 14
0-0 draw unless we have signed a striker,

If so he will score in a 1-0 win.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, October 10, 2014, 8:10am; Reply: 15
1-1 with our lowest away support this season (currently 288 at Gateshead).
Posted by: Abdul19, October 10, 2014, 1:44pm; Reply: 16
1-1

Moult 77

Pearson 20

Can't remember the last time we lost by more than 2 goals so don't see why we'll get hammered.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 10, 2014, 1:57pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
Wrexham 3  Town  0

Headlines.

Rampant  Wrexham thump Grimsby in front of big crowd to celebrate 150 years of football,

Grimsby had plenty of the ball but everything broke down on 18 yard box.

Grimsby boss says we were a bit unlucky today but we are only 9 points off the play offs,

It's still all to play for.

God you're boring. Why don't you just support the players rather than post your negative drivel constantly.
Posted by: gary_elton, October 10, 2014, 2:15pm; Reply: 18
Wrexham to win  1 - 0... but LJL has a stormer holding the ball up for himself as there wont be another
striker on the pitch... Towns best player Neilson will come off after 74 minutes to be replaced by Oates....
a move cheered by the Town faithful... ( did I say cheered ? sorry.. meant jeered...)

Manager claims we did ok and he was disappointed not to have come away with a creditable draw
which would have cemented our place in mid-table in readiness for the post-Christmas onslaught to win
every remaining game and take the title...
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 10, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from gtfc98

God you're boring. Why don't you just support the players rather than post your negative drivel constantly.

Go and spend 10minutes looking at my last 5 years posts,

You will find I was more positive than most on here,

Every year I said we would get promoted,

When I go to a match I have never called our players in 60 years of following town,

Yes 60 years,

This is a prediction thread not what I hope the score will be thread.

So what do you think the score will be bright boy,

I said think,  not hope.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 10, 2014, 2:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete

Go and spend 10minutes looking at my last 5 years posts,

You will find I was more positive than most on here,

Every year I said we would get promoted,

When I go to a match I have never called our players in 60 years of following town,

Yes 60 years,

This is a prediction thread not what I hope the score will be thread.

So what do you think the score will be bright boy,

I said think,  not hope.

Well done on your brownie points for how many years you've been following (and I use following purposely) the mariners, it obviously makes the drivel and negativity you've been posted for the last few weeks legitimate.

I realise you live outside of Grimsby but if you'd have gone on Tuesday you'd have seen a positive performance, a poor result granted but with a bit of confidence we're going to turn it around. I actually predict that we'll spoil the party and sneak a 1-0 away win. Looking forward to seeing all of the fans who aren't supporting the team/manager when they need us most eat their words when we turn it around.

Rant over.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 10, 2014, 2:35pm; Reply: 21
0-0

A game of few chances...though even if we had loads it would probably still be the same score!  ::)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 10, 2014, 3:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from gtfc98

Well done on your brownie points for how many years you've been following (and I use following purposely) the mariners, it obviously makes the drivel and negativity you've been posted for the last few weeks legitimate.

I realise you live outside of Grimsby but if you'd have gone on Tuesday you'd have seen a positive performance, a poor result granted but with a bit of confidence we're going to turn it around. I actually predict that we'll spoil the party and sneak a 1-0 away win. Looking forward to seeing all of the fans who aren't supporting the team/manager when they need us most eat their words when we turn it around.

Rant over.

I bet I have been to more games than you sonny and have always supported them when at a game,

BUT

We are not at a game are we ? this forum gives us a chance to vent our frustrations without effecting the players on the pitch,

Hurst has had my backing until a few weeks ago,

I have said earlier in the season we have the best squad since we have been down here and we will not only get promoted but be Champions,

Hurst has knocked all that positivity out of me ( that takes some doing )

He never bulls our players up but tells us how good the opposition are,

He chops and changes not only the players but formations as well,

If he can get a bit of fire that he says in his belly transferred to his mouth he might turn things round,

BUT

He is set in his ways and disagrees with everybody who things he is wrong,

We will have a new manager soon and he will get the best out of our talented squad,

If Fenty does it sooner rather than later we still might get promoted this season.

Rant over as well.
Posted by: TAGG, October 10, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

wrexham 0 town 1

Pearson 87

Fook fookatie fook fook  :)
Wrexham 4 Town 0
Posted by: marinerdean, October 10, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 24
2-3 Neilson 2 Hannah
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 10, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 25
I could see us getting a result in a low scoring game or going to pieces if we go 2 down.

If we do get a result at Wrexham I'd be delighted but it won't be a shining new dawn. We don't have any consistency, especially at home.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 10, 2014, 9:49pm; Reply: 26
4-0 to Wrexham, though I sort of think we could sneak a win as Wrexham will want to attack, so if the defence can cope it suits our negative away tactics of trying to nick a goal and get the 1-0 win
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 11, 2014, 7:26am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Abdul19
1-1

Moult 77

Pearson 20

Can't remember the last time we lost by more than 2 goals so don't see why we'll get hammered.

Halifax away last season I think.
Posted by: DocTower, October 11, 2014, 7:56am; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet I have been to more games than you sonny and have always supported them when at a game,

BUT

We are not at a game are we ? this forum gives us a chance to vent our frustrations without effecting the players on the pitch,

Hurst has had my backing until a few weeks ago,

I have said earlier in the season we have the best squad since we have been down here and we will not only get promoted but be Champions,

Hurst has knocked all that positivity out of me ( that takes some doing )

He never bulls our players up but tells us how good the opposition are,

He chops and changes not only the players but formations as well,

If he can get a bit of fire that he says in his belly transferred to his mouth he might turn things round,

BUT

He is set in his ways and disagrees with everybody who things he is wrong,

We will have a new manager soon and he will get the best out of our talented squad,

If Fenty does it sooner rather than later we still might get promoted this season.

Rant over as well.

Well said Pete , I'm always looking for your posts as you appears to think the way I do . By the way Im' a 62 years old and supporting them for 53 years . These rose tinted glasses brigade many never have seen the good times like we have , which is a great pity . Am I at the end of my tether  ? Yes  . Is it getting harder to bother turning up to watch the same drivel ,?   Yes   .

What do they say , "  If it ain't broken don't change it "  I like many think we need a change  . I have been very supportive of both PH and RS , then of PH . However this season to me is going nowhere , my opinion . Really wish to be proved wrong like yourself , but we'll have to wait and see .

UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, October 11, 2014, 8:52am; Reply: 29
Quoted from gtfc98

Up until recently, Pete was just about the most positive person on this board. Always thought we would win games and also that we would get promoted every season, so it's hardly constant negative drivel.

I can fully understand why some people are negative at the moment. Does that make them boring?

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 11, 2014, 9:06am; Reply: 30
Quoted from ginnywings

Up until recently, Pete was just about the most positive person on this board. Always thought we would win games and also that we would get promoted every season, so it's hardly constant negative drivel.

I can fully understand why some people are negative at the moment. Does that make them boring?

Absolutely. Certainly not as boring as seeing the world through rose tinted specs the whole time.

Posted by: Garth, October 11, 2014, 9:33am; Reply: 31
I like Pete have been watching them since the 60s and I am completely frustrated by the inconsistency over the last few years, yes we have had our peaks what team has` n, however you can only stay zipped for so long and I know what ever we say on here we all want a win today.

So because we are inconsistent I predict a win today 1-2
Posted by: RoboCod, October 11, 2014, 9:38am; Reply: 32
Wrexham 0 Town 3
Town feature in an refreshing and rather astonishing display, leaving us all completely baffled as to what we want to happen next.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, October 11, 2014, 11:39am; Reply: 33
0-1 Disley
450 Town fans
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 11:35am