Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 8, 2014, 6:59pm
On the clubs start to the season tomorrow.

I expect to be clawing my own eyes out reading it as he tells us we all need to back the manager. I don't think I want to look.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
:-/ Two letters John P and R!
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 7:03pm; Reply: 2
If he says that he is divorced from reality and it will not make a jot of difference to the falling gates
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 3
I will think he will say Hurst has his full support,

You know what that means.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 8, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 4
Bye bye Paul. Fentys kiss of death
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 5
Oh God, all I can see is a massive conflagration in the current circumstances. Why does he need to issue a statement on 'the start to the season'? I know what the start to the season has been. I don't need it explaining to me with a load of excuses and a smoke and mirrors trick. Disgruntled supporters aren't going to be won over with a plea for more time and a rallying call. I think unless Town are announcing a sacking or unequivocal backing, some sort of explanation of why we should all unite and get behind the club is just going to make people's blood boil even more than it is already.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 8, 2014, 7:28pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will think he will say Hurst has his full support,

You know what that means.

Pete, I do not disagree but I would hope he thinks that through. Even if we were in good form our next two games are emminently loseable split by the non event of the Lincs Cup Final but add in a defeat to Lincoln and he will be having to retract his support within two weeks. Not do his already tarnished PR image much good.

Probably a good time to hide your flag sticks!
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 8, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters
:-/ Two letters John P and R!

Is it Patience and Reason?
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 8
For me, the club should be announcing the departure of Hurst or saying nothing, lest they add insult to injury.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 8, 2014, 7:32pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Is it Patience and Reason?

Perhaps we are opening a park and ride to alleviate congestion on match days
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 8, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Perhaps we are opening a park and ride to alleviate congestion on match days

Could be.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 7:35pm; Reply: 11
Certainly not Promotion, or Profit?
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 8, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 12
Awaiting the following...

"you wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water"
"bad luck with injuries"
"continuity"
"fully support"
"get behind our team"
"capable squad"
"still within reach of play offs"
"yada yada yada"
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 8, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 13
I won't be Paul and Rob will it?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jimgtfc
Awaiting the following...

"you wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water"
"bad luck with injuries"
"continuity"
"fully support"
"get behind our team"
"capable squad"
"still within reach of play offs"
"yada yada yada"

I agree with the top 7, not sure about the yadas, he must get 'fella' in there somewhere..
Posted by: big bad bob, October 8, 2014, 7:43pm; Reply: 15
I think its just an Interview with the telegragh
Posted by: Mariner21, October 8, 2014, 7:58pm; Reply: 16
Oh jolly great. More shite for me to moan about. FFS don't do it please. All we need to know is that PH has gone and JF is actively seeking a replacement. A board decision obviously but I think prefer if I choose the manager ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 8, 2014, 8:07pm; Reply: 17
"I have finally received my 10 tonne order of GTFC happy pills, place your order now and get a free ride around the block in my Aston Martin"

Is a possible headline backed up with some photo's of an open box of GTFC happy pills and JF leaning against his Aston Martin with his hands out wide and a great big grin from taking a handful of GTFC happy pills.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 8, 2014, 8:09pm; Reply: 18
It reads as though the interview has been done already. If it contained anything other than the usual platitudes the GT would have used a different headline and published it tonight.

Move along please. Nothing to see here.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 8, 2014, 8:14pm; Reply: 19
I have had enough of the constant criticism and have decided to call in my debts, cut and run and leave it to you all???
Oh, by the way, I haven't got anyone to sell to...
Just a thought???

Second thoughts, it will be not a great start but the hairs on several parts of my body are still very much erect
Posted by: gytone, October 8, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 20
Oh no....stand by you're beds
;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 8, 2014, 8:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from gytone
Oh no....stand by you're beds
;)

"Oh no....stand by you're your beds   ;)"

You're welcome  ;)
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, October 8, 2014, 8:27pm; Reply: 22
on a few threads fishy users are asking for a statement from JF and the club on PH future and the season so far, The club announce they are releasing one and you all moan,
make you flipping minds up, moan if they do , moan if they don't
Posted by: RoboCod, October 8, 2014, 8:28pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I won't be Paul and Rob will it?

RE-UNITED (wub)(wub)

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/e8b7b0f1ab079aec35b6878226367ced/tumblr_inline_myz84xI8Jt1qebcl8.gif[/img]

Posted by: Marinerz93, October 8, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RoboCod

RE-UNITED (wub)(wub)

[img]http://media.tumblr.com/e8b7b0f1ab079aec35b6878226367ced/tumblr_inline_myz84xI8Jt1qebcl8.gif[/img]

;D

Just like famous people boosting their profile, Scott takes a swipe at Hurst, Hurst responds, Fenty tells them to kiss and make up and they are back managing together and under a media storm we blitz the league  ;D
Posted by: mariner2000, October 8, 2014, 8:45pm; Reply: 25
It might be true that the fans want Fenty to issue a statement but not the one we now know we will get.  You don't announce a day before or arrange a pre recorded interview to say you're sacking the manager.  This means we are now stuck with him for at least another 3 or 4 games and given Hursts form he will manage to scrape a win in one of them means he will mange to scrape through until the season is over at Christmas.

To be honest I wonder how many fans think that i we win the next 2 games 7-0 and 6-1 that the team will have turned the corner and we will be promotion contenders again....I personally don'tm as we have already seen 2 big wins means nothing when your crap the rest of the time.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), October 8, 2014, 8:49pm; Reply: 26
Think everyone's forgetting that JF is now a Fishy poster, so I'm expecting:

"I'm completely p1ssed off with the club at the moment, and you won't see me in Blundell Park till we get a new manager."

That would be pretty surreal, don't you think?  :)
Posted by: rancido, October 8, 2014, 8:49pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from mariner2000
It might be true that the fans want Fenty to issue a statement but not the one we now know we will get.  You don't announce a day before or arrange a pre recorded interview to say you're sacking the manager.  This means we are now stuck with him for at least another 3 or 4 games and given Hursts form he will manage to scrape a win in one of them means he will mange to scrape through until the season is over at Christmas.

To be honest I wonder how many fans think that i we win the next 2 games 7-0 and 6-1 that the team will have turned the corner and we will be promotion contenders again....I personally don'tm as we have already seen 2 big wins means nothing when your crap the rest of the time.

......and there's me thinking the season finishes in April! ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 8, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from 137
Think everyone's forgetting that JF is now a Fishy poster, so I'm expecting:

"I'm completely p1ssed off with the club at the moment, and you won't see me in Blundell Park till we get a new manager."

That would be pretty surreal, don't you think?  :)

;D
Posted by: gytone, October 8, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Marinerz93

"Oh no....stand by you're your beds   ;)"

You're welcome  ;)

Ah, I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes  :)
Posted by: kingster72, October 8, 2014, 9:22pm; Reply: 30
I think he'll state it's all David Burns fault, because he asks questions!  Seriously, if he is agreeing that we have started badly and we should be beating these part-timers that we have come unstuck against, then only five words needed from him: Hurst out & I resign (we can hope).
Posted by: OneLove, October 8, 2014, 9:25pm; Reply: 31
I do kinda feel for hursty, he is inexperienced and will do good in the long run as a manager but its times like this that the club has to realise the importance of having a manager that can get this good team what we have playing at teams and ruining them, putting that fear factor like we did in the fa cup run over scunny, northampton and huddersfield. All town seem to do is either play well and not get anywhere or play shite and scrape a result. For me last nights game formation was ridiculous 451 at home against a team thats come here for the point and it worked for them. Id of gone 442 with oates and hannah and played to feet using the wings and not getting on our key players back on the eve of the game publicly.

I know and everyone knows fenty is going to support him no matter what so he may as well not waste his breathe on a statement and watch the gates plummet because of the poor situation at BP.

One love one grimsby
Posted by: OneLove, October 8, 2014, 9:25pm; Reply: 32
I do kinda feel for hursty, he is inexperienced and will do good in the long run as a manager but its times like this that the club has to realise the importance of having a manager that can get this good team what we have playing at teams and ruining them, putting that fear factor like we did in the fa cup run over scunny, northampton and huddersfield. All town seem to do is either play well and not get anywhere or play shite and scrape a result. For me last nights game formation was ridiculous 451 at home against a team thats come here for the point and it worked for them. Id of gone 442 with oates and hannah and played to feet using the wings and not getting on our key players back on the eve of the game publicly.

I know and everyone knows fenty is going to support him no matter what so he may as well not waste his breathe on a statement and watch the gates plummet because of the poor situation at BP.

One love one grimsby
Posted by: Harry Haddock, October 8, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 33
I've heard he's gonna announce FFS as the new mascot
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 8, 2014, 10:00pm; Reply: 34
seems to be an interview with the gt rather than a statement

[img]http://puu.sh/c4GKt/86b411592d.png[/img]
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 8, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
seems to be an interview with the gt rather than a statement

[img]http://puu.sh/c4GKt/86b411592d.png[/img]

Well that will be hard hitting, them fornicators haven't asked him a tricky question in the last 10 years.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 10:05pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Well that will be hard hitting, them fornicators haven't asked him a tricky question in the last 10 years.

Amazing what great PR you get for a ride in the AM
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 37
Its does not matter what he says the die has been cast, the fans have spoken and voted with their feet, Paul Hurst is yesterdays man and its only a matter of time Good Night
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 8, 2014, 10:17pm; Reply: 38
Unfortunately the guys at the telegraph haven't got the balls to ask the questions fenty won't want to answer. Instead it'll all be lead questions initiated by him. At least David Burns or Matt Dean get to the point. Reading the sport pages in the telegraph is pretty dull nowadays.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 8, 2014, 10:31pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Garth
It does not matter what he says, the die is cast, the fans have spoken and voted with their feet. Paul Hurst is yesterday's man and it's only a matter of time. Good Night.

I think sacking Hurst would be crossing the Rubicon....or the Freshney
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 8, 2014, 10:57pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I think sacking Hurst would be crossing the Rubicon....or the Freshney

Well let's hope that like Caesar he doesn't do it by himself.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2014, 11:11pm; Reply: 41
Better get ready in the Fishy's engine room. Smoke will be coming off the servers tomorrow  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from GrimRob
Better get ready in the Fishy's engine room. Smoke will be coming off the servers tomorrow  :)

We wish. :B
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 8, 2014, 11:44pm; Reply: 43
Fenty might say that "I share many of the fans concerns. I also think that we need better strikers and our performances have been boring at times.  I blame the manager for most of this".  

(As a vote of no-confidence, this would probably mean that Hurst stays, football being football).   :(

.....................Ok, he won't say the above, but I bet that it will be better than his actual statement tomorrow.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 12:23pm