Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lee65, October 8, 2014, 4:23pm
I hadn't looked at the tables lately until late last night.
Now, I'm not sure where I stand currently on the Hurst in / Hurst out question, or whether we can find better at our current level etc., but we are only 6 points off the play-offs despite our recent poor run of results.
Perhaps, with the exception of Barnet, all teams in this league can beat each other and there will be many unexpected results along the way.
I like many thought that a "name" like Mike Newell was a great appointment at the time, and look how that ended.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, October 8, 2014, 4:31pm; Reply: 1
Anyone who suggests the season is over, is an idiot.
However, I don't fancy us to get out of this league with Hurst in charge. Did I see somewhere we have 16 wins out of our last 45?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 4:43pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from lee65
I hadn't looked at the tables lately until late last night.
Now, I'm not sure where I stand currently on the Hurst in / Hurst out question, or whether we can find better at our current level etc., but we are only 6 points off the play-offs despite our recent poor run of results.
Perhaps, with the exception of Barnet, all teams in this league can beat each other and there will be many unexpected results along the way.
I like many thought that a "name" like Mike Newell was a great appointment at the time, and look how that ended.

That's why 2 points out of 9 is such a frustration. I can honestly say that I was really looking forward to last Tuesday after the Halifax, Kiddy and Chester results and maximum points were there for the taking. I've said it all before but no Plan B and a non-striking pair of strikers will not cut it.
Posted by: tashee69, October 8, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 3
We're only 7 points clear of relegation also.
We can also win the FA Trophy.
Was really looking forward to this season. Thought Hurst had brought some decent additions and this may be our year. I was in favour of PH staying at the end of last season but I think at this moment he's proving me wrong. Teams should be fearing us, we shouldn't be changing formations to combat the strengths of relegation candidates. I can understand it if we do against promotion candidates away.
We've played some poor teams at home too.
He may be a decent guy but I can't see him being a success here.
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 8, 2014, 5:37pm; Reply: 4
if we keep him here much longer its well and truly over :B
Posted by: denni266, October 8, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 5
Have to disagree , with hurst in charge the season is over,  we need two strikers that can actually score, on the pitch, all the time,, not just one that is just a target  man , we need to play to our strengths not the opponents.  And to make changes in time to make a differance. not the last 10 mins . you dont have any of that with hurst
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 7:57pm; Reply: 6
We have as much chance finishing in the bottom 4 as the top 5,

I do not think we will do either.

So let hope we can win the trophy instead.
Posted by: DocTower, October 8, 2014, 8:40pm; Reply: 7
I wonder what the missing 800 last night views would be to this thread . .
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 8, 2014, 8:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
We have as much chance finishing in the bottom 4 as the top 5,

I do not think we will do either.

So let hope we can win the trophy instead.

mmm will the trophy be a bafta for the best comedy act of the year :) :)
Posted by: Tommy, October 8, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Anyone who suggests the season is over, is an idiot.
However, I don't fancy us to get out of this league with Hurst in charge. Did I see somewhere we have 16 wins out of our last 45?

Agree with this.

The season isn't over when we are 6 points off the play-offs with two thirds of the season left.

Hurst will probably get us in the Play-Offs, although there's a chance he won't, but I don't think he could tactically guide us to success in them. And I also don't think we would ever win the league under him.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:43pm