Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OneLove, October 8, 2014, 1:01pm
Lets cheer ourselves up and reflect on the good times of grimsby, all this doom and gloom is driving me mad at the minute.

I'll kick start it with this wonder strike from super jevons against liverpool, it was a toss up with this and dobbins screamer against newcastle but I'll never forget this goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRt1KMGYTe8
Posted by: maxfox44, October 8, 2014, 1:17pm; Reply: 1
Sadly, clips like these just seem like a different club.  Am I the only one, struggling to accept this utter rubbish served up every week?  I will not accept the view that last night for example was a good performance.  It is close to the Sunday league stuff I often go along to watch.  The main difference is that our professionals are a lot fitter, the game is faster and the majority of players are comfortable with the ball on either foot.
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 1:33pm; Reply: 2
Sorry I understand your point but wallowing in nostalgia will not cure our ills, only complaining and abstinence by some from home games might
Posted by: OneLove, October 8, 2014, 1:35pm; Reply: 3
this isn't a thread about the club now its one for peoples best town moments and to get away from all the dwelling on here.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 4
Best season was 1997-1998. I was gutted the season before to get relegated from the Championship and I never expected to get back at the first attempt because we were the smallest club in there by miles. Doing it in the way we did it as well was special. Younger supporters have few special memories, I count myself lucky that most of my twenties were spent with GTFC at their peak.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 8, 2014, 1:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
. Younger supporters have few special memories, I count myself lucky that most of my twenties were spent with GTFC at their peak.

So why back a manager that is bringing us down to an all time low  :o
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 1:52pm; Reply: 6
I remember my Dad taking me to my first away game at Scunthorpe,

We won 3-1 of course  :)

Rafferty and Connor scored but not sure who got the third.

1950 something, :)
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 8, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 7
I was only 10 in 97-98 so I don't really remember much about those games (my most vivid memory of visiting Wembley in '98 involved my brother throwing up in the car on the way down followed up by hanging around on Kilburn High Street waiting for Woolworths to open so we could replace his vomit stained trousers). Town have been utter excrement (Slade season aside) ever since I started attending regularly. FOOTBALL IS THE BEST!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 2:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
I remember my Dad taking me to my first away game at Scunthorpe,

We won 3-1 of course  :)

Rafferty and Connor scored but not sure who got the third.

1950 something, :)

Just looked up the old records,

We beat Scunny at Scunny 3-1 in 1952 and 1958,

It must have been 1958 because I am sure I was more than 4 years old when I went. :)
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2014, 2:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob
Best season was 1997-1998. I was gutted the season before to get relegated from the Championship and I never expected to get back at the first attempt because we were the smallest club in there by miles. Doing it in the way we did it as well was special. Younger supporters have few special memories, I count myself lucky that most of my twenties were spent with GTFC at their peak.

Smallest club in the second division?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 8, 2014, 3:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob

We didn't have the best budget but we had the best manager. A moral in there somewhere.

Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 7:26am