Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, October 7, 2014, 9:56pm
Just saying......... ;)
Posted by: grimps, October 7, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 1
You sound like Grim Rob !
I'm sure he has worked in the Labour party central office spin department
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 2
One goal (a penalty) in 3 games, 2 at home, against teams from the bottom of the fifth tier.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 7, 2014, 10:04pm; Reply: 3
Clutching at straws..

Just saying.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 10:11pm; Reply: 4
Yes we can take positives from that,

We should avoid relegation , just.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 7, 2014, 10:24pm; Reply: 5
Only 3 goals conceded as well in 5.. If only we had someone who could put the ball in the net!
Posted by: carrot top, October 7, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 6
Or 3 defeats in 8 FFS
Posted by: denni266, October 7, 2014, 10:39pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
Yes we can take positives from that,

We should avoid relegation , just.

you sure abouy that pete ?
Posted by: barralad, October 7, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano
Just saying......... ;)

Reel them in Forza! Like taking candy from a baby
Posted by: forza ivano, October 7, 2014, 11:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

Ha! Took the words right out of my mouth!

Seriously though , I don't think he will go in the near future. He will claim the above stat, that we are only six points of the play offs, injuries to key players, things will change in our favour, especially if he can get a new striker, defence and midfield are strong etc etc
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 7, 2014, 11:29pm; Reply: 10
Nice one Forza!
Maggot....hook....cast.... and wait......then strike!
Posted by: thevera, October 8, 2014, 7:17am; Reply: 11
You don't really need the bait now the usual suspects are there in front of their screens waiting for a new thread on any subject ready to turn it round to 'Hurst out'. Sure enough there they all are one after another.
Intrigued as to how they will turn Brazil Nuts  50th around though I must admit.
Keep it up Forza The Fishy might, just might become an enjoyable site to visit again
Posted by: mariner2000, October 8, 2014, 7:22am; Reply: 12
If we won the next 2 games 7-0 and 6-1 would it really change anything, does anyone believe we won't just drop back to losing a couple drawing a couple, looking clueless in a couple failing to score in a couple scraping wins in a ac couple etc etc
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 8, 2014, 7:57am; Reply: 13
Quoted from forza ivano
Just saying......... ;)

Nice try! :-)
Posted by: Southernboy, October 8, 2014, 8:26am; Reply: 14
Hurst brought in Arnold and Pittman both of whom have looked the business previously. I don't think there is a better manager waiting to jump at the chance to manage Town.  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 8, 2014, 8:27am; Reply: 15
believe!!!!!!!!!!! the season isnt over. its just about to start! ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 8:27am; Reply: 16
Quoted from barralad

Yeah its hilarious barra aint it..

But I suppose you would rather write anything than admit the "morons" were right hey ?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 8:29am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Southernboy
Hurst brought in Arnold and Pittman both of whom have looked the business previously. I don't think there is a better manager waiting to jump at the chance to manage Town.  

Yeah Arnold has looked sensational in his 3 and a half seconds of blistering action this season.
Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2014, 8:35am; Reply: 18
Christ on a Bike.

I'm getting seriously drunk off with this continuing "Us vs Them" bullshite.

We all want the team to succeed and are disappointed with the way the season has gone so far, but repeatedly attacking other fans of GTFC because they disagree with your current view is petty and self-indulgent and it's making reading this board pretty a pretty shitty experience.

I'm sure that Hurst realises he doesn't have long left to save his job so let's see what happens from here on instead of endlessly trying to pick fights with each other.  :(
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 8:40am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer
Christ on a Bike.

We all want the team to succeed and are disappointed with the way the season has gone so far, but repeatedly attacking other fans of GTFC because they disagree with your current view is petty and self-indulgent and it's making reading this board pretty a pretty shitty experience.

I'm sure that Hurst realises he doesn't have long left to save his job so let's see what happens from here on instead of endlessly trying to pick fights with each other.  :(

[img]http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/684/6842887/2524120-9865857608-VA9dq.gif[/img]

Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2014, 8:42am; Reply: 20
Quoted from jonnyboy82

[img]http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/684/6842887/2524120-9865857608-VA9dq.gif[/img]

Don't worry, I didn't expect a reasoned response.
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 9:03am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Maringer

Is`nt that a negative response to a lighthearted sketch?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 9:06am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Garth

Is`nt that a negative response to a lighthearted sketch?

yep.

you see some like to preach but don't like being preached too.

it was an attempt to lighten up the mood but there you go mate.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 8, 2014, 9:09am; Reply: 23
Quoted from thevera
You don't really need the bait now the usual suspects are there in front of their screens waiting for a new thread on any subject ready to turn it round to 'Hurst out'. Sure enough there they all are one after another.
Intrigued as to how they will turn Brazil Nuts  50th around though I must admit. Keep it up Forza The Fishy might, just might become an enjoyable site to visit again

You should never underestimate the ability of some Fishy posters to turn any thread into a 'Hurst out' campaign. In this case, the first reply managed it.

Happy Birthday Brazilnut
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 9:12am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Maringer

Jesus christ

will you stop being so serious, every post you write is either a shortened version of 80's or its a clever remark.

get over it and lighten up.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 8, 2014, 9:21am; Reply: 25
Given the first half dozen or so replies to this thread I'd say a few too many people are taking it seriously. It's not like the  ;) was well hidden but the angry mob soon formed a queue (bheem)
Posted by: wiggers, October 8, 2014, 9:24am; Reply: 26
We are just not consistent enough to get promoted. But even when we went on that long unbeaten run a couple of seasons ago we still didn't manage it. Unfortunately while PH is here we will be the nearly theres. The problem with that is some people think just a bit longer and he will get it right, personally I can't see it. I would like to thank him for his efforts, wish him all the best and give someone else a go. With the budget and crowds we can attract I'm sure the right person is out there..............
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 8, 2014, 9:39am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Southernboy

Arnold and Pitman, mmmmmmm the names ring a bell, go on remind me who they are then.
Posted by: denni266, October 8, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Southernboy

you would not have to be brilliant to be better than hurst
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, October 8, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Maringer
Christ on a Bike.

This!  whatever happened to reasoned constructive argument and the 'agree to disagree' principle.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 8, 2014, 9:51am; Reply: 30
Quoted from thevera
Intrigued as to how they will turn Brazil Nuts  50th around though I must admit.
Keep it up Forza The Fishy might, just might become an enjoyable site to visit again

Here's a thought, instead of having a dig at the anti-Hurst mob on here, why don't you get up off your bottom and go out and ask the nearly 1,200 fans that have copulated-off since the Welling game and see what they think.
Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2014, 10:16am; Reply: 31
Quoted from jonnyboy82

will you stop being so serious, every post you write is either a shortened version of 80's or its a clever remark.

get over it and lighten up.

And every post you make seems to be either an attack on Hurst (or Fenty) or an attack on the so-called "Rose Tints", nothing more than a few posters who have been doing nothing more than urging caution when it comes to trying to avoid chucking out the baby with the bathwater. Incredibly divisive.

Anyway, I shouldn't have posted my retort to your animated gif if it was indeed intended as a lighthearted joke.

I'm just drunk off with the unrelenting negativity and misery on the board at the moment. In fact, you know what? That's it. I'm out.

I'll nip back on matchdays (and if a new signing is eventually made or if Hurst gets the heave-ho) but no point in wasting time here at other times as there is little useful discussion about games going on any longer.

Have fun.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 10:20am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Maringer

And every post you make seems to be either an attack on Hurst (or Fenty) or an attack on the so-called "Rose Tints", nothing more than a few posters who have been doing nothing more than urging caution when it comes to trying to avoid chucking out the baby with the bathwater. Incredibly divisive.

Anyway, I shouldn't have posted my retort to your animated gif if it was indeed intended as a lighthearted joke.

I'm just drunk off with the unrelenting negativity and misery on the board at the moment. In fact, you know what? That's it. I'm out.

I'll nip back on matchdays (and if a new signing is eventually made or if Hurst gets the heave-ho) but no point in wasting time here at other times as there is little useful discussion about games going on any longer.

Have fun.

And you accuse me of chucking the baby out of the bath water ?

talk about a tantrum,  we all have opinions and some don't agree but for god sake spitting your dummy out isn't great is it.

chill out and lets see what happens eh.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 10:26am; Reply: 33
Too much crap for too long and the punters are now voting with their wallet. Time for change before we have to write off another season.
Posted by: nickmariners, October 8, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 34
Quoted from thevera

Nice thought - but Dream On!
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Maringer

Have fun.

Says it all really IMO , Kettle Pot,  see you soon then ;)
Posted by: nickmariners, October 8, 2014, 10:30am; Reply: 36
Quoted from jonnyboy82

yep.

oh, the irony.

Funny clip though
Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2014, 7:01pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Yeah its hilarious barra aint it..

But I suppose you would rather write anything than admit the "morons" were right hey ?

I cannot recall calling anyone a moron. I do however make a point of taking more notice of people whose opinions are based on first hand experience....If you cannot see the humour in the fact that the first comments were from exactly the people the world and his dog expected them to  come from then you really need to take a look at yourself
Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jonnyboy82

That is very funny!!
Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2014, 7:10pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from jonnyboy82

yep.

As stated it did make me smile. As for the preaching bit you remind me of one of those fire and brimstone Welsh chaps except that you substitute Paul Hurst for The Devil....
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 8, 2014, 7:17pm; Reply: 40
I've just had an alarming thought; 82 doesn't relate to the year of your birth does it?

Quoted from jonnyboy82

And you accuse me of chucking the baby out of the bath water ?

talk about a tantrum,  we all have opinions and some don't agree but for god sake spitting your dummy out isn't great is it.

chill out and lets see what happens eh.

Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2014, 7:40pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I've just had an alarming thought; 82 doesn't relate to the year of your birth does it?

Bu**er...my previous comment prevents me from making a glaringly obvious reply to that.... ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, October 8, 2014, 11:51pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from barralad

Bu**er...my previous comment prevents me from making a glaringly obvious reply to that.... ;)

I do hope you weren't alluding to the I.q. of our esteemed friend. That would be nigh on slanderous towards one of the most thoughtful of the fishy posters, whose erudite musings are always a joy to read  :P
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 10:23am