Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 6, 2014, 9:37am
sorry for new thread.

Highs - beat Gateshead 6-1 / Alfreton 6-0 / great battling point at Halifax / Beat a good Kidderminster team 1-0 / thrashed Chester 3-0

Lows - every other game !

IMO, this is because the the games i have mention in the Highs, its because they all tried playing football against us, so we cut them open brilliantly, a thing Hurst tactically got spot on.

the Lows, are when the teams play hard to beat, and hurst has no plan b...
Posted by: Richard Cranium, October 6, 2014, 9:50am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
sorry for new thread.

Highs - beat Gateshead 6-1 / Alfreton 6-0 / great battling point at Halifax / Beat a good Kidderminster team 1-0 / thrashed Chester 3-0

IMO, this is because the the games i have mention in the Highs, its because they all tried playing football against us, so we cut them open brilliantly, a thing Hurst tactically got spot on.

Alfreton 7-0. Mighty Mariner will confirm that

Posted by: Chrisblor, October 6, 2014, 11:22am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Alfreton 7-0. Mighty Mariner will confirm that

Alfreton were defensively inept and certainly did not park the bus or attempt to be hard to beat.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 6, 2014, 11:28am; Reply: 3
2-0 win over Welling and decent point away at Brizzle Rovers cannot be considered lows.
Posted by: kingster72, October 6, 2014, 11:29am; Reply: 4
To me Hurst has failed because he has not appointed an appropiate coaching team, backroom staff around him.  Last season he chose to have no assistant (big mistake) and his only support came from the physio and GK coach.  Now he has an inexperienced assistant and just the physio still for support.  It is not enough, lesser teams in this league have a good coaching team, you cannot do it alone.  He should have addressed this, so is his own worst enemy and hopefully he will learn in his next appointment.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 6, 2014, 11:34am; Reply: 5
Tactical nounce of an omelette
Posted by: chaos33, October 6, 2014, 10:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from kingster72
To me Hurst has failed because he has not appointed an appropiate coaching team, backroom staff around him.  Last season he chose to have no assistant (big mistake) and his only support came from the physio and GK coach.  Now he has an inexperienced assistant and just the physio still for support.  It is not enough, lesser teams in this league have a good coaching team, you cannot do it alone.  He should have addressed this, so is his own worst enemy and hopefully he will learn in his next appointment.

I reckon the point about the coaching set up is a good one, but it's an assumption to conclude that the current staff structure is Hurst's doing or choice. Generally speaking, Managers don't do the 'appointing' of club staff. We don't know how much the owner is prepared to invest in installing and paying management and coaching staff. I think, if you take a look at the GTFC staff, it's fairly self evident that we're not investing as much as we have in the past, let's put it that way.
Posted by: gtfc98, October 7, 2014, 12:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
sorry for new thread.

Bet he really values the opinion of someone who thinks Nathan Jarman is God.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 7, 2014, 12:41pm; Reply: 8
Hurst's problem is, due to inability to attract real quality up front ( unlike lesser teams in our league ) there will be some tonight hoping Town lose        
hoping that will spell the end for Hurst.
I am not one of those people, but that is a fact.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 7, 2014, 12:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Tactical nounce of an omelette

That's a cracking analogy  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 10
Have a good look at Reeves tonight,

Then kidnap him if he is the one we are lacking,

Only release after he has signed a contract. :)
Posted by: Mariner21, October 7, 2014, 4:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice
Hurst's problem is, due to inability to attract real quality up front ( unlike lesser teams in our league ) there will be some tonight hoping Town lose        
hoping that will spell the end for Hurst.
I am not one of those people, but that is a fact.

That is true! Everyone I've spoke to today has said they want us to draw or lose!!!!! Personally I'm not one of those but I do want him out asap. That said I'm sure nature will take its course!

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 7, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner21

That is true! Everyone I've spoke to today has said they want us to draw or lose!!!!! Personally I'm not one of those but I do want him out asap. That said I'm sure nature will take its course!

Do you work in scunthorpe by any chance?
Posted by: Maringer, October 7, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
Have a good look at Reeves tonight,

Then kidnap him if he is the one we are lacking,

Why? Do you need some plastering done?  ;)
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 7, 2014, 5:04pm; Reply: 14
the problem is he`s still our manager oops forgot not allowed to say things like that on here(lff3)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 7, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 15
He's got 99 problems and the pitch ain't 1!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:07am