Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 4, 2014, 5:41pm
On now, already started with a bit more passion from mr hurst, sounds drunk off that his decisions are questioned, but thinks we played allright???
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), October 4, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
He sounds like he is about to cry. Fair play to him for defending his players.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 4, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 2
Got a bit prickly when Tonduer questioned his team selections.
Posted by: denni266, October 4, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 3
tondour has the right to ask questions that the fans want answers to. . and he didnt like it one bit, get out of town hurst before you get run out
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 4, 2014, 5:51pm; Reply: 4
Tondeur bottled it as well
He should have stuck to his guns and asked Hurst why he rested Neillson, our most creative player potentially....fair question IMO

Was Clay still suffering effect from bug? Fair question

He's obviously a man under huge pressure

Then Tondeur 'crawled' around him by salivating over his favourite player's penalty..."Wow, Hursty, what a great penalty"

God, I'm getting cynical... and bored by the whole circus
Posted by: Badger57, October 4, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Tondeur bottled it as well
He should have stuck to his guns and asked Hurst why he rested Neillson, our most creative player potentially....fair question IMO

Then Tondeur 'crawled' around him by salivating over his favourite player's penalty..."Wow, Hursty, what a great penalty"

God, I'm getting cynical... and bored by the whole circus

Tondeur ALWAYS bottles it! You know he wants to ask "those difficult questions" but he never really does and then he always backtracks if he gets a snarl or growl! I like John , he's a Town fan through and through, but he's not a great interviewer.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 4, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 6
Here's Jack Mackreth to reel off a load of clichés after another sub-Joe Colbeck performance. He needs to pull his finger out and start contributing. Most of his crosses went out for goal kicks today and he didn't beat the full back even once.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, October 4, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 7
I like Tondeur as well - but him and Burns are in a comfort zone; fat Burnsy just called James Chester 'Chests'!!

Very objective...
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, October 4, 2014, 6:08pm; Reply: 8
anyone got a link?
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 4, 2014, 6:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
anyone got a link?

https://audioboom.com/boos/2534876-grimsby-town-manager-paul-hurst-talking-to-humbersidesport-after-the-1-1-draw-at-dartford
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 4, 2014, 6:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Badger57

Tondeur ALWAYS bottles it! You know he wants to ask "those difficult questions" but he never really does and then he always backtracks if he gets a snarl or growl! I like John , he's a Town fan through and through, but he's not a great interviewer.

It's obvious why though isn't it? Get too critical and JF throws a wobbler and pulls the plug again.

Posted by: Marinerz93, October 4, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 11
I thought he got the question out of context and acted appallingly, which is why JT bottled going any further with it.  

All Hurst had to say was that Clay was ill and then state his game plan for the match which would have explained why Neilson didn't start.

All this interviewed showed is that those voices calling for Nielson at the game, got to Hurst and he is feeling the strain of his non performing team.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 4, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
On now, already started with a bit more passion from mr hurst, sounds drunk off that his decisions are questioned, but thinks we played allright???

He thought we played allright,

That's because we did not have anybody on the left,

Seriously if he thought that was allright,

I do not want to see a poor game,

Honestly, I have enjoyed watching my grandson play on a sunday morning more than today's game.
Posted by: Badger57, October 4, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 13

It's obvious why though isn't it? Get too critical and JF throws a wobbler and pulls the plug again.

Yeah, could be right there tbh. Forgot about that little episode!  :)
Posted by: timmo, October 4, 2014, 8:57pm; Reply: 14
PH throws his toys about JT asking about his team selectionsaying its his choice he gets payed to make decisions but PH we pay your wages. We follow this club up and down the country. We spend our hard earned money supporting you and your team.

I think the least you can do is explain why 2 of our best players this season are on the bench.

Timmo
UTM
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 4, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from timmo
PH throws his toys about JT asking about his team selectionsaying its his choice he gets payed to make decisions but PH we pay your wages. We follow this club up and down the country. We spend our hard earned money supporting you and your team.

I think the least you can do is explain why 2 of our best players this season are on the bench.

Timmo
UTM

well put, totally agree.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 5, 2014, 2:13pm; Reply: 16
Having listened to the interview just a few moments ago, coupled with listening yesterday and reading through opinions of those who went then following stands out for me;
my own impression of the game was that it was pretty stale and neither side dominated,
the general consensus of personal views is that we played poorly, created little

Hurst felt we were on top and a point is the least we deserved.....

Hurst gets very shirty when asked a very simple question......

Hurst not for the first time is quick to point out other results in the league to try and demonstrate its not an easy league.....

Well Paul,....i think we would all appreciate it if you would accept that we didnt play well and were maybe fortunate to get a point....also please answer simple and predictable questions in a professional way, it is so easy answering J.T's tame line of questions just do it....and i personally dont give two sh1ts about every other result in the league ..just ours so please concentrate on doing your job, preparing our team to win each and every game of football they play and stop focussing on countering the opposition and using other teams results to hide your own failings.

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 4:45am