Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 4, 2014, 5:41pm
On now, already started with a bit more passion from mr hurst, sounds drunk off that his decisions are questioned, but thinks we played allright???
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 4, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 1
don't really have much time for his complaints. of course its a valid question to ask him to explain his team selection, he's the flipping manager.
Posted by: JMT, October 4, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 2
Found it stupid how he had ago at JT.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 4, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
On now, already started with a bit more passion from mr hurst, sounds drunk off that his decisions are questioned, but thinks we played allright???

Nope, we played badly and I can't stand his indignation at Tondeur for asking about his team selection. Disley and McLaughlin were both terrible today and didn't justify their places at all. If Neilson had started we may have actually managed more than a single goal from a spot kick.

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 4, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from JMT
Found it stupid how he had ago at JT.
Maybe he's been possessed by Rob Scott.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 4, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 5
Just a personal opinion, from what i heard on the radio, the fans were angry today and chanting for neilson on may have got to hurst? Just a possible explanantion, but that is the fans right to do that
Posted by: alvinghammariner, October 4, 2014, 5:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Maybe he's been possessed by Rob Scott.

I thought JT abuse was from the Mike Newell school of management?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 4, 2014, 5:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from alvinghammariner
I thought JT abuse was from the Mike Newell school of management?
Haha, just reminded me of how touchy and defensive Scott was when constructive criticism was put to him.  Not heard it yet, Sat in Asda like a Muppet, can't get radio to work on my mobile.  >:(
Posted by: RichMariner, October 4, 2014, 6:01pm; Reply: 8
We've spoken about how the club as a whole needs a bit of PR guidance and I think this has to extend to the manager.

It does him absolutely no good to get touchy with reporters when they ask sensible questions. Hurst is an intelligent man and should've expected at least one question about team selection today. It reminds me of his response at the end of that Woking game last season when LJL scored that late penalty to draw 2-2. He was fuming about how the fans had been on his case all game.

When he says he's "not going to justify team selection" every time he makes a change to the side, it comes across like he doesn't care about what the fans think or feel. Clough or even Buckley might have got away with that in the past, but they'd already proved themselves with promotions. And anyway, football - and the media - has changed a lot since then.

The only slack I'll cut Hurst is that this is the first time in his managerial career that he's not enjoying a fair bit of success. He had it at Ilkeston and Boston, so he's never felt the threat of the sack before. It can't be nice.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:22am