Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 2, 2014, 2:03pm
Back in training but not ready for Saturday
Posted by: Maringer, October 2, 2014, 2:53pm; Reply: 1
Reckon we should wait couple of weeks to be certain he is properly fit. Don't want to rush him back too soon. When does Parslow's loan period end? If Aswad is back in time for then, would be useful.
Posted by: Maringer, October 2, 2014, 4:10pm; Reply: 2
Ha ha! Bell end crossman is on the prowl again!
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 2, 2014, 4:18pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer
Reckon we should wait couple of weeks to be certain he is properly fit. Don't want to rush him back too soon. When does Parslow's loan period end? If Aswad is back in time for then, would be useful.

Yep, agree entirely, don't rush him back until properly fit, but a fit aswad wil be more than welcome
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 2, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 4
Soon as Thomas is fit and ready stick him straight back in asap! I woudn't drop Magnay I think he's done well he's no girl private eithe, he likes to get forward like Thomas, and not scared to have a crack at goal.

I would play them both! Thomas on the left again and stick Magnay at Right-back, he can player anywhere anyway, he's Jack (of all trades) the lad, at the back!

Keep Parslow for competition either in the starting 11 or from the bench, loan Bignot or maybe Walker out for a month to give him more first team experience and improve and come back an even better player!
Posted by: MrsMariner, October 2, 2014, 9:58pm; Reply: 5
I think he may be needed pretty soon, aren't Pearson & Nsiala both 1 booking away from a ban, knowing are luck they will both get booked in the same match causing a major defensive headache, lets just hope it's not Saturday.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 2, 2014, 10:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Maringer

He put LJL back in when he isn't fit and over his injury. Didn't look fit tue or on sat IMO
Posted by: chaos33, October 2, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MrsMariner
I think he may be needed pretty soon, aren't Pearson & Nsiala both 1 booking away from a ban, knowing are luck they will both get booked in the same match causing a major defensive headache, lets just hope it's not Saturday.

Posted by: ackomariner, October 2, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MrsMariner

It's alright, ph will have two in on loan within 24hrs  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, October 2, 2014, 10:23pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ackomariner

He put LJL back in when he isn't fit and over his injury. Didn't look fit tue or on sat IMO

Yep, I agree with you there. I think it is unlikely he'll rush Thomas back though as we are rather thinner up front than in defence where there is still plenty of cover.
Posted by: chaos33, October 2, 2014, 10:27pm; Reply: 10
Is there plenty of cover of adequate quality when Pearson or Toto (or both) get suspensions any time now?
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 2, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 11
Deputy Doig will be at the ready imo if there are suspensions  / injuries.

Also, Magnay will have a voice if someone tells him where he has to play, if Thomas returns.

UTM
Posted by: Maringer, October 2, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
Is there plenty of cover of adequate quality when Pearson or Toto (or both) get suspensions any time now?

Doig, Magnay, Parslow can all play central defence. Seems pretty adequate to me.

Plenty of cover at full-back if Magnay or Parslow move into the middle though perhaps this may be a little less adequate.
Posted by: chaos33, October 2, 2014, 10:56pm; Reply: 13
Right, well I guess we'll soon see. The proof of the pudding and all that. I could say more but I can't be arsed.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2014, 1:13am; Reply: 14
We could play McLaughlin at left back!
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2014, 6:35am; Reply: 15
More concerning to me is the forward areas. We have 2 strikers and a young loanee, plus 2 wingers. LJL appeared to be off the pace in the last game.

It's Friday and we have 2 games coming up in 3 gays. Thought we would have some more bodies in the squad by now but Hurst can't seem to get anyone.

Maybe we will see a loan signing today?
Posted by: Maringer, October 3, 2014, 7:31am; Reply: 16
There certainly doesn't seem to have been any mention of further signings since Oates and Parslow came in, which is surprising considering the limitations of the squad and the injuries to Pittman and Arnold.

You'd think we might be able to get another youngster in from a higher division team, if nothing else.

Wonder if he's just trying not to spend any money in the hope/expectation of a couple of better quality signings at a later date?  :-/
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2014, 8:42am; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
More concerning to me is the forward areas. We have 2 strikers and a young loanee, plus 2 wingers. LJL appeared to be off the pace in the last game.

It's Friday and we have 2 games coming up in 3 gays. Thought we would have some more bodies in the squad by now but Hurst can't seem to get anyone.

Hurst reckons he'll 'go with what he's got" for the weekend according to MP.
He hasn't been able to get anyone.
Posted by: Garth, October 3, 2014, 9:31am; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings

;D ;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:14am