Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariners Trust, October 2, 2014, 7:02am
http://marinerstrustblog.weebly.com
Posted by: psgmariner, October 2, 2014, 7:21am; Reply: 1
Thanks for all the hard work Chris. You have done a fantastic job and it is very much appreciated
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 3, 2014, 12:24pm; Reply: 2
Without banging the drum on whether PH should stay or go (Please, there are enough threads on that already), with the resignation of Chris, could this affect the trusts role in the appointment of a new manager should the need arise?  Or would Mr Rudrum assume that role? Good luck to Chris's successor, could be a baptism of fire and I applaud whoever is man enough to step up.

I will say that I have seen improvements in the ground under the Chairmanship of Chris and although we may not see eye to eye, I (like most others) do realise he has put an awful lot of hard work into the role and as a Mariners fan, for that I thank him.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 3, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 3
I would also like to say well done to Bigchris.  Big Chris and the other trust members have worked extremely hard and sometimes under difficult circumstances.  The trust will miss his involvement at board level and I hope that someone as dedicated and knowledgeable takes over.

I would nominate Barralad, for intellect, wit but not looks  ;)
Posted by: barralad, October 3, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Marinerz93
I would also like to say well done to Bigchris.  Big Chris and the other trust members have worked extremely hard and sometimes under difficult circumstances.  The trust will miss his involvement at board level and I hope that someone as dedicated and knowledgeable takes over.

I would nominate Barralad, for intellect, wit but not looks ;)

Apparently I have a face made for radio...

Seriously I wouldn't want/be able to do the job.  I'm quite happy to remain firmly in the background. Chris has set the standard (and set it VERY highly). It will be interesting to see whether anyone currently on the outside throws their hat into the ring....
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2014, 5:50pm; Reply: 5
I nominate the old codger.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 3, 2014, 5:53pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Are you serious?  ;D
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Are you serious?  ;D

yep well sort of.

someone who would actually voice the concerns of the fans, well that of the non rose tinted variety  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 3, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from barralad

Apparently I have a face made for radio...

Seriously I wouldn't want/be able to do the job.  I'm quite happy to remain firmly in the background. Chris has set the standard (and set it VERY highly). It will be interesting to see whether anyone currently on the outside throws their hat into the ring....

Face for radio  ;D

Seriously though Ian, now you have managed to escape the rat race you need a new challenge apart from trying to get the hoover to start  ;D

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2m3p5yq.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 3, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

yep well sort of.

someone who would actually voice the concerns of the fans, well that of the non rose tinted variety  ;D

Well thank you jonnyboy, however I suspect that I may not be a popular choice for those fans who like political correctness  :o
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 3, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Yes I second that,

He could be our Nigel Farage. 8)
Posted by: forza ivano, October 3, 2014, 7:29pm; Reply: 11
What about John fenty? ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 3, 2014, 7:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano
What about John fenty? ;)

Only if he gives the Trust 200,000 of his shares . ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, October 3, 2014, 7:36pm; Reply: 13
Agreed, following BigC is a big task and whoever the new chairperson is, he or she will have the support of an able and willing board.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 3, 2014, 7:56pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yes I second that,

He could be our Nigel Farage. 8)

But Pete, I want us to be in Europe by 2020 not out of it after the next election!
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 12:16pm