Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 30, 2014, 11:35pm
Is giving Fenty, Hurst and Brodie a bit of a bashing on twitter tonight.

@Robscott591

If somebody can copy the best bits onto here as I'm on my phone. On Hurst he said when asked if Hurst can turn it around 'No.' And went on to say he wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him  ;D

Plenty of other stuff on there, not really holding back.
Posted by: davmariner, September 30, 2014, 11:39pm; Reply: 1
Sour grapes and a lack of class/respect. No need for him to have a pop at Hurst. Explains why he's not in a job.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 30, 2014, 11:41pm; Reply: 2
I tend to agree, the fans begging for him back is embarrassing too.

However, the insight into his thoughts on Hurst is staggering.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 30, 2014, 11:41pm; Reply: 3
Bloke's an embarrassment even if he does have one of the best post-war win ratios of any GTFC manager.
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 1, 2014, 12:01am; Reply: 4
Quoted from pontoonlew
I tend to agree, the fans begging for him back is embarrassing too.

However, the insight into his thoughts on Hurst is staggering.

I wouldn't take one bit of notice to those "insights", they come accross as the sour-graped, immature ramblings of someone who can not, ever, admit that he might have been in the wrong. The fella needs to grow up.
Posted by: mariner91, October 1, 2014, 9:42am; Reply: 5
He'll never work in professional football again I wouldn't think. No class at all and no ability to make up for that.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 1, 2014, 9:46am; Reply: 6
What a complete and utter embarrassment on twitter, him and some fans on there
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 1, 2014, 9:53am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
What a complete and utter embarrassment on twitter, him and some fans on there

The sycophancy of a considerable number of GTFC supporters who suck up to players / ex-players / ex-managers on twitter is pathetic. This was quite good though - https://twitter.com/codalmighty/status/517228213177962496
Posted by: PPMariner, October 1, 2014, 11:48am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor

That's excellent  ??)
Posted by: grimps, October 1, 2014, 1:23pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob
Bloke's an embarrassment even if he does have one of the best post-war win ratios of any GTFC manager.

Yeah in the lowest post war league we have played in
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Chrisblor

The sycophancy of a considerable number of GTFC supporters who suck up to players / ex-players / ex-managers on twitter is pathetic. This was quite good though - https://twitter.com/codalmighty/status/517228213177962496

Yeah that is a perfect response to a tawdry little twitter sh1tfest that just adds insult to injury.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 1, 2014, 3:19pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Chrisblor

Whatever you say about him, things were never dull, unlike..........
Posted by: chicaneuk, October 1, 2014, 3:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whatever you say about him, things were never dull, unlike..........

That, unfortunately, is very true. Plenty of excitement, plenty of passion. To paraphrase something that Franklin D Roosevelt said to his secretary of state: "He may have been a b.stard, but he was our b.stard.." :)
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2014, 3:44pm; Reply: 13
Jesus wept.....some people have got very short memories. We were just as haphazard, inconsistent, substandard, disappointing at home (call it what you will) when Rob Scott was here. Things are just the same - we're still not good enough. The only difference now is that you don't see an unhinged, out-of-control psychopath with anger problems prowling the touch line verbally abusing his own players and fans, offering the opposition management out and shaming the football club everywhere we go.

Honestly, I'm on the brink of giving up on following this club. I just don't understand anymore.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 1, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 14
Are we certain that really is Scott and not some prankster? Seems too ridiculous to be true
Posted by: Bignic69, October 1, 2014, 4:27pm; Reply: 15
I wonder if Rob Scott had any 'John Sitton' moments in the changing rooms?
Posted by: Garth, October 1, 2014, 4:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33
Jesus wept.....some people have got very short memories. We were just as haphazard, inconsistent, substandard, disappointing at home (call it what you will) when Rob Scott was here. Things are just the same - we're still not good enough. The only difference now is that you don't see an unhinged, out-of-control psychopath with anger problems prowling the touch line verbally abusing his own players and fans, offering the opposition management out and shaming the football club everywhere we go.

Honestly, I'm on the brink of giving up on following this club. I just don't understand anymore.

;D ;D ;D ;D We don`t want those days back
Posted by: Mariner21, October 1, 2014, 4:33pm; Reply: 17
I liked Rob Scott!!!! Probably says alot about me!!!!! He says it how it is and isn't a girl private like Hurst in that department. Sadley both are lacking what it takes to get us out of this league!
Posted by: Garth, October 1, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mariner21
I liked Rob Scott!!!! Probably says alot about me!!!!! He says it how it is and isn't a girl private like Hurst in that department. Sadley both are lacking what it takes to get us out of this league!

Man management is not about bawling and shouting at people its about encouragement advice and instruction. some of these are still missing
Posted by: Hagrid, October 1, 2014, 4:54pm; Reply: 19
how quickly peoples memories change!! scott was not liked by town fans, and we have not missed him. I dont give a intercourse about his opinion and i think its pathetic the reactions of some town fans begging him to come back. Hurst is our gaffer and like him or loathe him ( well his style of management) and he deserves our support at a troublesome time! either that or John has a big decision to make- and as for scott, well just grow up
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 1, 2014, 5:39pm; Reply: 20
It takes a good manager to get the best out of people and a great manager to get people to give 100%.  

Sadly Hurst and Scott or just Hurst on his own are neither and it was proved last night when the players didn't even play for themselves.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 1, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 21
RH are giving quite a bit of time to the Rob Scott tweets at the moment...makes a change for Sportstalk not to feature the Targers from the off as usual

Just had a look myself and this is on his Twitter account

Rob Scott @robscott591     ยท  13m 13 minutes ago  

As it seems to have caused a stir that's it now no more opinion from me on anything GTFC. So please don't ask. #toobusytobother

Posted by: RoboCod, October 1, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 22

#toobusytobother

That allotment won't grow stuff by itself.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, October 1, 2014, 9:26pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mariner91
He'll never work in professional football again I wouldn't think. No class at all and no ability to make up for that.

Pretty sure he works for Sky Sports at the moment
Posted by: RoboCod, October 2, 2014, 12:05pm; Reply: 24
GET now using this thread for Sports page material (blink2)(blink2)

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Hurst-t-turn-fortunes/story-23033051-detail/story.html[/url]

Modern journalism eh.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 2, 2014, 1:04pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from RoboCod
GET now using this thread for Sports page material (blink2)(blink2)

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Hurst-t-turn-fortunes/story-23033051-detail/story.html[/url]

Modern journalism eh.

The standard of the Telegraph's sport journalism is laughably shite. The way they continue to string Hurst's post match comments [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/RIGHT-LENNY/story-23033017-detail/story.html]into[/url] [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/POST-MATCH-Grimsby-Town-boss-Paul-Hurst-didn-t/story-23025522-detail/story.html]about 5[/url] [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Loan-star-needed/story-23033047-detail/story.html]different[/url] [url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Arnold-s-absence-frustrates-Hurst/story-23033045-detail/story.html]articles[/url] in the days following a game is Pulitzer-esque.

Infact, the entire Grimsby Telegraph is a complete joke. They seem to spend more time covering Strictly Come Dancing and live tweeting X-Factor than reporting local issues.
Posted by: LookBackInAngers, October 2, 2014, 1:22pm; Reply: 26
I also wonder if it's a prank although he has seemed to keep quiet longer than Ithought he could.Lets hope we hear no more unless he gives a bona fide interview.As for the Southport match we need to have a plan to deal with this type of opposition which excludes us letting them set the agenda for the kind of match it is going to be otherwise more visitors will copy their blueprint..Southport not the worst team we will face but they should have been going home with nothing.Hope for better at Dartford (no repeat of last seasons debacle),would be nice to see abit of animation in the technical area!
Posted by: Garth, October 2, 2014, 1:34pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
I also wonder if it's a prank although he has seemed to keep quiet longer than Ithought he could.Lets hope we hear no more unless he gives a bona fide interview.As for the Southport match we need to have a plan to deal with this type of opposition which excludes us letting them set the agenda for the kind of match it is going to be otherwise more visitors will copy their blueprint..Southport not the worst team we will face but they should have been going home with nothing.Hope for better at Dartford (no repeat of last seasons debacle),would be nice to see abit of animation in the technical area!

A  highland fling maybe,  he has half the posture with folded arms ;D
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:27pm