Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 29, 2014, 3:56pm
A Combined Counties game (Staines Lammas v Chessington & Hook) was abandoned last week when a player grabbed a pitch fork.  This followed a mass fight, which was the afters to 2 players getting send off.  The 2 players continued fighting after being given red cards.  Then other players from both sides joined in. b Punches were throwwn.

The home manager kept his players on the pitch for 30 mins after the game was abandoned.  This was to calm matters down and prevent things kicking off again in the dressing rooms.  

Chessington sub Ade Oketoki thought that he would further escalate matters by grabbing and brandishing a pitch fork. What was it doing near the dug-outs?  The good news is that on this occasion no one was bayoneted.

You have to laugh at the Chessington manager (Darren Woods) defending Oketoki's actions: "He is a quiet lad  and not the type to go around chasing people with pitch folks.  He was holding it to stop any other player involved in the mass fight using themselves".  A priceless defence.  You could not make this up.

The game will be rearranged for a Tuesday night.  With poor floodlights players are more likely to get away with a mass fight this time and brandishing a weapon.

The FA are carrying out an investigation.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 29, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 1
I thought this thread would have been about Lincoln, I'm some what disappointed.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2014, 5:48pm; Reply: 2
Sounds like a right world of adventure there etc etc
Posted by: Eastendmariner, September 29, 2014, 8:46pm; Reply: 3
I have connection with this in a funny sort of way I work with the coach of the under 11s He is totally shocked about what has happened and his understanding that it was an older group/team it is connected with.
Posted by: JMT, September 29, 2014, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
Bloody hell EastEndMariner, I can't be the only one who reckons you've got a link with this in a funny way?
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 29, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Eastendmariner
I have connection with this in a funny sort of way I work with the coach of the under 11s He is totally shocked about what has happened and his understanding that it was an older group/team it is connected with.

I believed you the first time  ;)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 6:42pm