Paddy

Nielson

Hannah

Winfarrah
Doig
Disley
Arnold if fit
Oates.

I have gone for this team because Chester play a passing game and everything seems to go through Kingsley James centre mid from watching them the other night, so i would just swamp them in midfield like we did at Gateshead, and hopefully Hannah getting more games can get his sharpness back he's in a similar situation as Andy Cook was last season and its not getting a run out in the team and he's lost a yard.

I wish we would have a Reserve League, Jack Mackreth could be coming up against a LB who's 35 years old so hopefully he can have a blinder especially in the first half as teams always have a habit of working him out a bit.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 25, 2014, 11:46pm; Reply: 1
I'll go...

Neilson.............Oates...........Mackreth
...........Paddy....Brown....Clay..
Magnay....Pearson...Nsiala...Parslow

Subs: Bignot, Winfarrah, Doig, Disley, Hannah
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2014, 1:41am; Reply: 2
Quoted from 120797
I'll go...

Daring ;)
Posted by: chaos33, September 26, 2014, 9:11am; Reply: 3
I'd go same team as 80's, but more 4-3-2-1 and with Hannah starting instead of Oates. Arnold on the bench if fit, and Oates to get a decent run out as a sub.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 26, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 4
Quoted from chaos33
I'd go same team as 80's, but more 4-3-2-1 and with Hannah starting instead of Oates. Arnold on the bench if fit, and Oates to get a decent run out as a sub.

I would be tempted to add a goalkeeper myself. Perhaps McKeown...
Posted by: Garth, September 26, 2014, 10:11am; Reply: 5
Quoted from 120797
I'll go...

Bold prediction but you can swap Disley for Paddy because thats a cert and maybe Mackreth for Hannah
Posted by: Paris Mariner, September 26, 2014, 10:57am; Reply: 6
Quoted from fiveallive
This is the team i would go with,

Mckeown

Parslow
Nsiala
Pearson
Magnay

Mackreth
Clay
Brown
Paddy

Nielson

Hannah

Winfarrah
Doig
Disley
Arnold if fit
Oates.

I have gone for this team because Chester play a passing game and everything seems to go through Kingsley James centre mid from watching them the other night, so i would just swamp them in midfield like we did at Gateshead, and hopefully Hannah getting more games can get his sharpness back he's in a similar situation as Andy Cook was last season and its not getting a run out in the team and he's lost a yard.

I wish we would have a Reserve League, Jack Mackreth could be coming up against a LB who's 35 years old so hopefully he can have a blinder especially in the first half as teams always have a habit of working him out a bit.

I like this, although I'd be tempted to throw Oates in from the off (instead of Hannah) after his superb finish last weekend.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 26, 2014, 11:01am; Reply: 7
Reports from last week said that Oates was not fit enough to do anywhere 90 mins.
Posted by: fiveallive, September 26, 2014, 11:05am; Reply: 8
I think Rhys Oates might need a game or 2 more before being thrown in from the start we don't want him picking up any muscle injuries, so that's why i started him on the bench.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 26, 2014, 4:02pm; Reply: 9
Captain Oates couldn't last 90 minutes, he'd disappear without trace like his famous namesake
Posted by: Garth, September 26, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Captain Oates couldn't last 90 minutes, he'd disappear without trace like his famous namesake

"I am just going out and could be some time" said Oates.       "Thats OK said Scott just get us a goal" ;)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 26, 2014, 6:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner

I would be tempted to add a goalkeeper myself. Perhaps McKeown...

Typical. Like Hurst you're more worried about stopping the opposition scoring than what we do.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 26, 2014, 9:08pm; Reply: 12
Lol Meanwood that's a good one !

Quoted from chaos33

I also like the idea of a 4-3-2-1 and if Arnold was fully fit, would perhaps replace Mackreth with Arnold into that (albeit new) formation.
After fiveallive's comments about Mackreth + Chester however, hoping he can cause problems down the wing.

Quoted from Garth
Bold prediction but you can swap Disley for Paddy because thats a cert

Not a prediction, it's my team. :)
That said, bet you a fiver Paddy starts and Disley is on the bench.
If Southport are a big unit (aren't they always?), I'd guess Disley may come in Tuesday (assuming we go 3 in the middle).

Quoted from Garth
and maybe Mackreth for Hannah

Wouldn't be suprised !
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:59am