Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 25, 2014, 4:18pm
was in paper saying it was expected he would start due to Llera ? being suspended.

but now they have gone and signed a defender from Peterborough.

will he ever get a chance ?
Posted by: Grimal, September 25, 2014, 4:40pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
was in paper saying it was expected he would start due to Llera ? being suspended.

He will get every chance if he comes and signs for us.

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 25, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I hope not, then he will come back to us.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 25, 2014, 6:52pm; Reply: 3
Is it horrible to say I hope he gets a chance and is rubbish and scores an own goal?  :)
Posted by: fiveallive, September 25, 2014, 7:12pm; Reply: 4
I'm still bitter at Scunthorpe United for calling him back i know he's there player but they kept Luke Waterfall out on loan at Macclesfield They didn't recall him.
Posted by: Garth, September 25, 2014, 7:24pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from fiveallive
I'm still bitter at Scunthorpe United for calling him back i know he's there player but they kept Luke Waterfall out on loan at Macclesfield They didn't recall him.

Thats the problem with loans, you just don`t own them and as such you can`t control the uncontrolables

Posted by: Abdul19, September 25, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from fiveallive

Maybe he's shit?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 26, 2014, 12:12am; Reply: 7
Catching up on MP last night, think I'm right in saying Hurst said there was no chance of Boyce coming back.
However...
Think it was a few games ago.  (Halifax ? Maybe I should look but can't be @rsed..)
Who knows, perhaps there's a fair chance things could change (depending on the obvious)
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 26, 2014, 2:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 120797
Catching up on MP last night, think I'm right in saying Hurst said there was no chance of Boyce coming back.
However...
Think it was a few games ago.  (Halifax ? Maybe I should look but can't be @rsed..)
Who knows, perhaps there's a fair chance things could change (depending on the obvious)

Depending on whether Parslow stays or not,

He like Magnay can play in all the positions in the back four,

Plus he can play the holding midfield role as well, according to Hurst.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 26, 2014, 5:43pm; Reply: 9
At the moment we are absolutely fine.

Parslow, Toto, Pearson and Magnay is a superb back four.

UTM
Posted by: mariner91, September 26, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from mariner tommy
At the moment we are absolutely fine.

Parslow, Toto, Pearson and Magnay is a superb back four.

UTM

But always only one suspension or injury away from being broken up. And with Pearson and Toto, suspensions will come along very quickly!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 26, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

Depending on whether Parslow stays or not,

He like Magnay can play in all the positions in the back four,

Plus he can play the holding midfield role as well, according to Hurst.

Yes, a good point Pete.
Not saying I WANT him to return, I think we're fine right now.
Just commenting on what could happen cos I get the impression many fans want or would have him back.
Posted by: chaos33, September 26, 2014, 9:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from mariner91

But always only one suspension or injury away from being broken up. And with Pearson and Toto, suspensions will come along very quickly!

This
Posted by: RichMariner, September 26, 2014, 11:59pm; Reply: 13
We've got a lot of defenders on our books:

Thomas
Magnay
Doig
Nsiala
Pearson
Bignot
Parslow
Humble
Walker
Winfarrah

I appreciate Thomas is injured, Doig's only used when there are no other options left and the former YTs are sort of redundant because we all know Hurst will bring another loan player in than give them a chance, but that's a pretty comprehensive back line to choose from - and that's without Boyce.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 27, 2014, 12:53am; Reply: 14
Fair point but it's all about having the best back 4 we can get to help get us up the table.

Bignot has done well going forward but looked defensively dodgy at Lincoln to say the least.

If you were manager and your neck (and the clubs promotion fortunes) were on the line, would you give Walker a chance at right back if you had the option to bring in Parslow ?

Sooner Thomas comes back and Magnay switches to RB (assuming Parslow doesn't stay) the better.
Posted by: chaos33, September 27, 2014, 2:06pm; Reply: 15
He starts for Scunny today. Chapter closed. Move on.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 27, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33
He starts for Scunny today. Chapter closed. Move on.

I just posted on another thread....seems there's more than one chapter to close the page on!  ;)

But you're right, his time with us now is history - same as with Pond etc. We should move on and focus on who wears the stripes now

UTM
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:49am