Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 25, 2014, 11:44am
I've made a quirky little footie arcade game for the iPhone with all the Conference teams and players. It's free on the app store:

Conference 2015: [url]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/conference-2015/id912124123?mt=8[/url]

It ain't Fifa 2015 but it may entertain one or two of you on your commutes.

If you get any good then you get to see Town top of the league and LJL top of the scoring charts so it's got to be worth a look for that alone.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 25, 2014, 11:51am; Reply: 1
Woo hoo! Been looking forward to this since the rumours of a Conference version first surfaced.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, September 25, 2014, 11:54am; Reply: 2
Nice one. It's now on my iPhone, I see you've got GTFC on the game's home page in the app store - that'll pull the punters in! Who needs Rooney's miserable face on FIFA or that over-rated Messi guy? I'll give it a go. UTM
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 25, 2014, 12:00pm; Reply: 3
Nice one. It's now on my iPhone, I see you've got GTFC on the game's home page in the app store - that'll pull the punters in! Who needs Rooney's miserable face on FIFA or that over-rated Messi guy? I'll give it a go. UTM

Cheers! That makes it the most downloaded Conference game in iTunes history already.

I notice that FIFA 2015 has been released to coincide with my game. Coincidence or do they see me as a threat? Comparative sales figures will be very interesting but with LJL the face of Conference 2015 I think it will be an extremely close run thing.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, September 25, 2014, 12:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I've made a quirky little footie arcade game for the iPhone with all the Conference teams and players. It's free on the app store:

Conference 2015: [url]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/conference-2015/id912124123?mt=8[/url]

If you get any good then you get to see Town top of the league and LJL top of the scoring charts so it's got to be worth a look for that alone.

Is it in the fantasy section?

Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, September 25, 2014, 12:07pm; Reply: 5

Cheers! That makes it the most downloaded Conference game in iTunes history already.

I notice that FIFA 2015 has been released to coincide with my game. Coincidence or do they see me as a threat? Comparative sales figures will be very interesting but with LJL the face of Conference 2015 I think it will be an extremely close run thing.

There's no coincidence about the dates matching up - EA are running scared. I think it will be nip and tuck between the two franchises, but hopefully yours will gain that vital traction from being new to the market and not a rehash. Oh and Lenny too. No doubt!
Posted by: psgmariner, September 25, 2014, 12:11pm; Reply: 6
It's like Mario v Sonic or ISS v FIFA all over again.

As has already been mentioned, I am sure gamers across the world are bored stiff dribbling and doing tricks with your Ronaldos, Messis, Agueros. What they really want is a BATTLE with an overweight 6ft, part time Conference centre back on a cold Tuesday night in Braintree or somewhere. Can't wait to download and do my first HOOF.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 25, 2014, 2:13pm; Reply: 7
Is it available on Android?
Posted by: Trawler, September 25, 2014, 2:27pm; Reply: 8
Downloaded and played. It's fun Meanwood. Nice work.

Sort of a flappy bird meets sensi soccer meet subbuteo!!

Is the secret to taking corners hoping you get a rebound off one of their players?
Posted by: Brough Mariner, September 25, 2014, 2:32pm; Reply: 9
Just downloaded it and beat Southport in the first game 1-0. Nathan Arnold played 90 minutes and scored, I know all these games are based on fantasy but that's pushing it a bit.
Posted by: LH, September 25, 2014, 3:01pm; Reply: 10
Downloaded and lost to Eastleigh in the play off final. Which makes me a better manager than Hurst... ;)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, September 25, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin
Is it available on Android?

No, sadly I'd have to learn a new programming language to do that. Even with my optimistic head on I must concede there will be so little demand for the game I'm better off buying you an iphone. One's in the post.

Thanks Trawler, and my apologies Brough. In the hectic rush to get it finished I overlooked some glaring issues like that. Look out for updates.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 25, 2014, 3:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH
Downloaded and lost to Eastleigh in the play off final. Which makes me a better manager than Hurst... ;)

Boo, sack LH      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: Abdul19, September 25, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Trawler

Is the secret to taking corners hoping you get a rebound off one of their players?

Is that on the game or real life?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 25, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

its obviously a very detailed and well written game which the writers thoroughly researched while watching us before scripting the corner options...
Posted by: Trawler, September 25, 2014, 3:31pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

It can't be real life can it - in the game Grimsby can clear the first man on corners.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 25, 2014, 4:38pm; Reply: 16
Where's the instructions on how to play??
Posted by: Grimal, September 25, 2014, 4:47pm; Reply: 17

If you make millions from this game will you invest your money into GTFC ?.  ;)

Posted by: RoboCod, September 25, 2014, 6:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Abdul19

It's an extra option available when you play as Lincoln.
Posted by: JMT, September 25, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 19
Is there an android version?
Posted by: GyMariner, September 25, 2014, 8:01pm; Reply: 20
Went up as champions 101 points!! Ross Hannah 27 goals you heard it here first.
Posted by: thevera, September 25, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 21
Had to have a time out after 4 games and was bottom of the league with a point. Expecting Old Codger to come on here now and give me loads of excrement!
Posted by: Trawler, September 25, 2014, 9:19pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from thevera
Had to have a time out after 4 games and was bottom of the league with a point. Expecting Old Codger to come on here now and give me loads of excrement!

Classic Fishy post.
Posted by: maxfox44, September 26, 2014, 8:26am; Reply: 23
Can you score from corners?
Posted by: psgmariner, September 26, 2014, 9:08am; Reply: 24
Quoted from maxfox44
Can you score from corners?

Aim for a deflection off the keeper or defenders.
Posted by: prestonmariner, September 26, 2014, 1:15pm; Reply: 25
Is it just me, or is this game frustratingly addictive?
Posted by: LH, September 26, 2014, 1:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from prestonmariner

I think the same. Perfect for a mobile game.
Posted by: jaymariner, September 26, 2014, 2:09pm; Reply: 27
Very very frustrating but equally addictive
Posted by: GyMariner, September 26, 2014, 2:23pm; Reply: 28
Try it on the hardest setting
Posted by: lobsterpot, September 26, 2014, 2:42pm; Reply: 29
Just downloaded it ready for later on when the kids are on Fifa 15 the losers meh! 8)
Posted by: kevikov, September 26, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GyMariner
Try it on the hardest setting

won the league on amateur, thought give league a go now..........

??) back to amateur it is!

Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, September 27, 2014, 10:51am; Reply: 31
I'm playing the hardest difficulty as Lincoln. Bottom of the league.. ;D
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, September 27, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from prestonmariner

Definitely, on my third season now and still in the conference and not able to get higher than 14th!  Still can't beat Barnet, Ebbsfleet or Lincoln - aaaaargh!

UTM
Posted by: lobsterpot, September 28, 2014, 5:54am; Reply: 33
1st season i won the league unbeaten with around 140 odd points drawing 4 and winning the rest. Hannah got 39 goals and Pitta Bread with 27. Stepped up a level now and am feeling the pressure already altho' still unbeaten after 6 games. Maybe the play off route this season.
Posted by: jaymariner, September 28, 2014, 8:59am; Reply: 34
Just won the play-off final via a penalty shoot out on pro difficulty, don't know if I dare try the harder setting just yet
Posted by: jaymariner, September 28, 2014, 9:00am; Reply: 35
Would be great to have this game with the full league pyramid so that you can progress up the leagues etc
Posted by: Trawler, October 21, 2014, 4:55pm; Reply: 36
Meanwood - just added a review to the app store for ya.

EDIT:  Just noticed there are some reviews from forumites for previous versions.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 12:14pm