Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 22, 2014, 11:27pm
What the hell...
Let's try it again now we've won and go compare results... :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 23, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 1
What no in depth anal ysis  ;)
Posted by: Garth, September 23, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 2
Silly idea,  silly pole,  all those of differing opinions have had there say and quite rightly so,  iust give it a rest
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 23, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 3
Not another poll please.

Give it a rest.

This has been discussed time and time again.

UTM
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, September 23, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 4
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We all know what will be on here Saturday 5pm though if we lose or draw
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 23, 2014, 7:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We all know what will be on here Saturday 5pm though if we lose or draw

Exactly.
FWIW seeing the same old kneejerk reactions week in week out personally bores me to tears.
Suffice to say I don't yawn at everyone's comments just cos it doesn't meet my personal preference.

Quoted from mariner tommy
This has been discussed time and time again.

Tell me about it...
I've no interest in discussing the subject title whatsoever.  
Posted by: JMT, September 23, 2014, 7:26pm; Reply: 6
Know it's been said multiple times..

But still think Hurst isn't the right man, all be it i like him as a bloke and will support him while he is here i don't think he can take us back into the football league.

But while he is here we are Paul Hursts Black&White Army!
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 23, 2014, 9:13pm; Reply: 7
I did not vote last time because I said give him 4 more games then decide,

We have only played 2, so I will let you know after the Southport game.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2014, 10:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from JMT
Know it's been said multiple times..

But still think Hurst isn't the right man, all be it i like him as a bloke and will support him while he is here i don't think he can take us back into the football league.

But while he is here we are Paul Hursts Black&White Army!

Yep. (thumbup)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 24, 2014, 8:00am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 120797

Exactly.
FWIW seeing the same old kneejerk reactions week in week out personally bores me to tears.
Suffice to say I don't yawn at everyone's comments just cos it doesn't meet my personal preference.

Tell me about it...
I've no interest in discussing the subject title whatsoever.  

So why put up a pointless poll and punctuate it with your sad, sanctimonious, patronising drivel?  :o
Posted by: bluebottle, September 24, 2014, 1:17pm; Reply: 10
So your point is trying to prove how fickle the Mariners supporter is. Grow up man.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 24, 2014, 3:59pm; Reply: 11
I'm not Paul Hurst's biggest fan and have serious doubts as to whether he will get us promoted but to start another frigging thread.

What a XXXX.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 24, 2014, 6:10pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So why put up a pointless poll and punctuate it with your sad, sanctimonious, patronising drivel?  :o

Same reason others put them up I guess !

Simply curious to see if the levels of support had changed.
Am I right to assume you're not a fan of these polls ?

As for the punctuation bit, I believe I have to write something to make the thread (though I may be wrong)
In any case, thought it would appear rude to say nothing at all or just put a single dot.
I apologize profusely my personal expression doesn't meet with your approval.

Quoted from bluebottle
So your point is trying to prove how fickle the Mariners supporter is. Grow up man.

Spot on !
It's purely a personal mission...  
Nothing to do with a loose interest in the numbers, it's all to prove "how fickle the Mariners supporter is".
Even the ones not even on here !

If another poll gets put up on Saturday, I fully expect it to be a completely random outcome.
Such is the fickleness of EVERY Town supporter...  

Me ?
Think I'll just toss a coin - Heads for Hurst, Tails for Terminate contract.

Damn you bluebottle, how did you blow my cover ?  :-/
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 24, 2014, 6:16pm; Reply: 13
This sort of post is the reason I rarely bother reading the Fishy anymore.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 24, 2014, 6:18pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry
I'm not Paul Hurst's biggest fan and have serious doubts as to whether he will get us promoted but to start another frigging thread.

What a XXXX.

Bit harsh on PH isn't it ?

Oh hang on....
Ahhh yes of course, guess I must be Hurst !
It's amazing - who'd have thought it... :)

Funny, there was me thinking Rotherham than me.
Didn't even realize I was working for us club.
Oh sodomist... (wallbash2)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2014, 7:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 120797

Spot on !
It's purely a personal mission...  
Nothing to do with a loose interest in the numbers, it's all to prove "how fickle the Mariners supporter is".
Even the ones not even on here !

If another poll gets put up on Saturday, I fully expect it to be a completely random outcome.
Such is the fickleness of EVERY Town supporter...  

Me ?
Think I'll just toss a coin - Heads for Hurst, Tails for Terminate contract.

Damn you bluebottle, how did you blow my cover ?  :-/

Yet another 'only Town fans' statement.  I've known Man Ure fans (real Man Ure fans) and Liverpool fans (real Liverpool fans) who have blown gaskets because they didn't win the league or cup competition they were in let alone getting out of non league.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 24, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Marinerz93

Yet another 'only Town fans' statement.

Afraid you've completely lost me Marinerz.
Simply wanted to know the numbers - no bigger deal.
What you've just quoted from me was sarcasm trying to refute a silly point that isn't relevant.
It's as simple as that.

Quoted from Marinerz93
I've known Man Ure fans (real Man Ure fans) and Liverpool fans (real Liverpool fans) who have blown gaskets because they didn't win the league or cup competition they were in let alone getting out of non league.

Guess it'll be true of many BSP supporters this season too.

What is there to say ?...
If I thought complaining would help, I'd be with you but after Woods tenure (and I was part of it, albeit trying to be constructive), does it do any good ?
I've suffered enough GTFC pain and heartache to last me a lifetime mate, but sometimes it's que sera.

We can only do our bit to help come Saturday, (and by being supportive of the manager IMO) the rest is out of our hands.

Wouldn't it be a complete sh1t had we known if we HAD been supportive, we WOULD have gone up ?
Point is, we may never know if we don't all try.
I say give the manager every chance to succeed, allow him fair excuses so whatever happens, there's no regrets.
I take my hat off how he's managed to come through every wobble but it's already asked a lot IMO, I guess no one is invincible against a constant battering ram.

But intercourse me, it's not beyond belief that we'll be in or around the top 5 (or better) by Xmas either.
We could just as easily come 2nd and fall short than finish 5th and go up, I'm not panicking.

Anyway I'm nearly past the point of even trying to persuade now, grown adults can think what they like.
All I'll say is, you give the impression it's not a game and if so I'd agree.
But that's not the impression I get from some on here, it feels like it's a case of finding anything to point the finger.

It may be justified over the last x years or whatever but if anything Hurst has been the light to some extent. (relatively speaking).
Complaints of defensive football about a club generally under the kosh for a decade ? Shock horror !

Bear in mind it's not Hurst's fault we ended up in the BSP. (not that I blame anyone or hold grudges life's too short)
Guess it's not easy when you're trying to appease the fans to get them onside AND get results, let alone turn round years of decline.
Raising expecations may be a good thing (I don't know) but setting a minefield trap for Hurst with 35 games left appears folly I must agree.
Right now it feels like 2 good away results and 6-1 and 7-0 don't count for sod all, that's what I find most depressing.
Winning or losing, staring at the table while watching the clock tick with 35 games left isn't my idea of how I want to support.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2014, 11:37pm; Reply: 17
Sarcasm, really, will you be classing the unnecessary poll sarcastic to, or does that come under another umbrella of thought.  

It's not the frustration of finishing somewhere in the top 5 that has people feeling indifference towards to Hurst, it's his tinkering, bigging up other teams and lack of faith in him that he has what it takes to get us out of this league.

We had two games were the players had fire in their bellies and answered their critics but it didn't last long enough to be called a run.  Inconsistent teams do not get promoted. People are getting fed up of that forever the bridesmaid feeling.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 25, 2014, 5:46am; Reply: 18
Appreciate that Marinerz, we're all frustrated to different extents.
But there's honestly no need to scapegoat everything in sight.

I know no-one likes to hear about injuries and bad luck (and neither do I) but it's a factor in football.
Yes, there's been a few questionable performances here and there - missed points at Lincoln, Aldershot, 0-0's etc
It's been a slow start and it's not looking 100% ideal right now.
But equally, we've all seen the flashes of what we're capable of. (tick)

Inconsistency is a pain up the bottom, but early season can take teams (Mansfield, Luton ?) time to find their stride.
Remember losing to Braintree 5-0, we ended up top ?
Ok it tailed off later (blame the Trophy if you must), but proves it's all possible.

Perhaps the important thing is, how we fare with a full squad/best XI.
Isn't that a better benchmark to judge Hurst and drop the guillotine ?

Rob is right, win a few (hopefully sooner rather than later) it'll look a completely different picture.  (artist)

Remember, we're not in an ideal place regards "the team" right now by any means, yet we're STILL picking up good away points. (tick)
If we can navigate this tricky "squad period" without a club mega-crisis (roulette), we could be in good shape moving forward.  (pullup)

Maybe once we've found the right blend, we'll be able to get back to a more settled side that picks itself more often than not. (tick)
Plenty of room of optimism with Aswad, Arnold, Shop and Pope to return. (tick) (and who knows who else may come in ! (tongue_smilie))  

At the moment, I do believe "tinkering" is a red herring of epic proportions.
Tinkering = team changes.
Team changes are what happens when players get injured.
No-one complained when Hurst "tinkered" to bring in Oates, Parslow, Boyce and Neilson.

The big hoo-haa over formations is another one IMO.
Formations sometimes NEED to change depending on availaible players.
It's getting to the stage that if a player NEEDS to come in or the formation changes, it's shock horror city.

Ok there are different opinions here and there.
But Hurst's team selection (or any manager for that matter), will never be able to satisfy EVERY fan out there.

Anyway, I can't say what's gonna happen or whether Hurst or players will ultimately be able to deliver the goods,
But unless things capitulate short term while navigating the ship through tricky waters (no pun intended !), think there's a fair chance.

I'm no Fenty bumlicker but I'll tell you what...
Think he was spot on when he said the club needs the fans more in trickier times  (or words to that effect) (yes)

Maybe it just boils down to results.
We can talk, get frustrated or complain with every setback til the fish come home. (kiss)
But it's gonna take a while (and patience) to get up there whenever the momentum and consistency comes.
Thankfully it's still a long old season.

Anyway, that's me, the positive view. (Part XII animated version)
Just hope you and others might be able to appreciate there's a fair slice of reality, fairness and room for optimism in there too.
Time to put aside doubts, fears, gripes and try to pull together as a club ? (stickfight)

UP THE MARINERS (fly)
Posted by: kingster72, September 26, 2014, 8:10am; Reply: 19
The attendance vs Chester will be the best indicator as to whether people want Hurst out, if below 3000, it will show people have lost faith.  I will struggle to go until he's gone, some will say don't be fickle, but it is more to do with being fed up of under achieving and people (fans & Hurst) claiming a point against part-timers Is a good result, it isn't. 4 wins in 11 ain't good enough with the players we have.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 26, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 20
We were never top the season we lost 5-0 to Braintree.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 26, 2014, 12:29pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from kingster72
The attendance vs Chester will be the best indicator as to whether people want Hurst out, if below 3000, it will show people have lost faith.  I will struggle to go until he's gone, some will say don't be fickle, but it is more to do with being fed up of under achieving and people (fans & Hurst) claiming a point against part-timers Is a good result, it isn't. 4 wins in 11 ain't good enough with the players we have.

This, together with our inability or lack of will to compete financially in order to attract players who then go on to 'smaller' clubs - in terms of crowd size.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 26, 2014, 12:43pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Marinerz93
Sarcasm, really, will you be classing the unnecessary poll sarcastic to, or does that come under another umbrella of thought.  

It's not the frustration of finishing somewhere in the top 5 that has people feeling indifference towards to Hurst, it's his tinkering, bigging up other teams and lack of faith in him that he has what it takes to get us out of this league.

We had two games were the players had fire in their bellies and answered their critics but it didn't last long enough to be called a run.  Inconsistent teams do not get promoted. People are getting fed up of that forever the bridesmaid feeling.

I have to agree with Dave here on the 2nd and 3rd paragraph.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 26, 2014, 2:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Abdul19

That's because we lost 5-0 to Braintree. ;D :B
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 26, 2014, 2:22pm; Reply: 24
Not keen on this sort of open ended poll.

More interesting would be this question -

Who would you rather have in the dugout for Grimsby Town tomorrow - Hurst or Burr?
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), September 26, 2014, 9:21pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Abdul19

Okey doke, thanks for pointing that out.
Different seasons, same turnaround then...

Quoted from kingster72
The attendance vs Chester will be the best indicator as to whether people want Hurst out, if below 3000

As we've just won, I'll be suprised if it's below 3500.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 27, 2014, 10:35am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Abdul19

I remember we were bottom after that beating, and the best we achieved that season was 7th position.

We only managed to get in to the top half of the table for one week until January 1st when we beat Lincoln at home, after that we stayed in the top half for the remainder of the season.

UTM
Posted by: kingster72, September 30, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 27
Those who still think Hurst is the man to take us up are as stupid as our leader, Lord Fenty! See the light people, or accept conference footy forever.
Posted by: kingster72, September 30, 2014, 9:55pm; Reply: 28
Those who still think Hurst is the man to take us up are as stupid as our leader, Lord Fenty! See the light people, or accept conference footy forever.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 30, 2014, 10:08pm; Reply: 29
Time for a call to Gateshead I reckon . Or anywhere ffs .
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 30, 2014, 10:09pm; Reply: 30
Stay!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 30, 2014, 10:55pm; Reply: 31
Stay! In the Conference for at least another season.

Still never mind, at least we've got lots of inspirational sayings up on the walls at the club now - spotted them on that funny vid that was posted on You Tube.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:00am